Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 23/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Would I be right,with my little knowledge, in thinking that it is set very cold here but as it stands (at a very preliminary stage) we look like keeping dry round here next weekend, whilst the sout will probably get a lot of snow?

I know enough to know that nobody knows at this stage, really, but am certainly hoping we can avoid too much more significant snow!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

1.2C !!! What factor sun cream did you use for this heat?

smile.png

Factor ten. The poor old Polar bear had to sit in the Fridge because it was so warm. Al Gore is coming over for an interview next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Would I be right,with my little knowledge, in thinking that it is set very cold here but as it stands (at a very preliminary stage) we look like keeping dry round here next weekend, whilst the sout will probably get a lot of snow?

I know enough to know that nobody knows at this stage, really, but am certainly hoping we can avoid too much more significant snow!

as things stand...and they will change... the front approaching from SW wont make it very far north....what probably would happen is it will cause instabilty in the flow from the east and increase shower activity... for the eastern side. as illustrated here.

gfs-2-120.png?12

Posted

What's this with rising temps we hit a low of -0.6C around six this evening now we're up to -0.3C. If I ain't going to Snow lets have a good frost so come on drop the temps. Reminds me off years ago when cloud used to roll in and kill any chance of a cold night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Wind becoming even stronger!! Hmm strange yet no showers :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Wind becoming even stronger!! Hmm strange yet no showers sad.png

be mainly dry tonight pal,may be the odd flurry but nothing to add to the existing snow cover

Posted

For the zillionth time people. There wont be any showers. Iv said numerous times today to check the radar with the projected rainfall and there is a marked difference. Its not Rocket science, and I wish people would use common sense and a bit of scientific deduction instead of hopecasting...ARGHHH rant over,

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

without sounding rude but a few people on here either have wrong info or faulty weather stations. I'm at a pretty high altitude of 150m. Now picachu's readings seem bang on but Aaron u cnt be right! There's lots of snow here but a thaw has taken place like it has everywhere but people haven't noticed due to depths of snow. Aaron your much lower down to me so somehow I don't see you as maintaining colder temps than here. And craigers that video must have been this morning because strong winds up here haven't been blowing the snow as it softened this afternoon. I Know this because my girlfriend lives in norton and there's been no blowing snow this aft but rather a slow thaw.

Its been windy here today but nothing like yesterday and Friday, its not been strong enough to blow much snow, there was a bit blowing this morning on the hills but the snow pack is so icy it will take some moving.

Winds picked up now again, a nasty easterly that gets through the gloves but everywhere seems too solid and icy to blow around, i walked on top of knee high snow on the hills it was that solid

Luckily we hardly saw the sun today and when it did get through it was still behind thinner cloud and was soon covered over again.

It was --1.2C at 7pm, its now --0.5C.

Posted

Allenar theres snow showers increasing from tonight and day by day for east of the pennines according to country file forecast!!!!! Think before you speak mate!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

For the zillionth time people. There wont be any showers. Iv said numerous times today to check the radar with the projected rainfall and there is a marked difference. Its not Rocket science, and I wish people would use common sense and a bit of scientific deduction instead of hopecasting...ARGHHH rant over,

Although I suspect not a lot will happen tonight you need to learn a little about radar watching. At times radar will show nothing then ten minutes later a small echo appears this continues to grow and then others start to show up. The radar doesn't show future events only the present. it doesn't predict the future. You get false echoes however a false echo won't track half way across the country they tend to stay in same location.

The Met office did have snow showers on the forecast now downgraded to light snow so I can understand why the question is being asked.

Also notice people are reporting shower activity.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

if these aren`t showers, even convetive overland ones incomming then what am i lookin at?

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

then also out of radar thicker cloud developing out over the north sea....ok, convection is capped to light showers but, showers nevertheless.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html.

Posted

Craigers, Where are the snow showers then? The computer generated MET forecast showed snow from 9 tonight, now its not there. The projected rainfall also showed snow for tonight, thats not on the actual radar now. The models show no snow. Yes, from midweek onwards when there is instability within the flow, but tonight, I would be surprised if there are any showers. Can you show me these showers forming on a radar? Im not being arsey about it I just like to see the physical proof.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - storms, tornadoes, snow

Showers gradually developing now off the North Sea. Very light but intensifying as time goes on...

Posted

if these aren`t showers, even convetive overland ones incomming then what am i lookin at?

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

then also out of radar thicker cloud developing out over the north sea....ok, convection is capped to light showers but, showers nevertheless.

http://www.yr.no/sat...animasjon.html.

Anyone in the NE confirming that snow is falling?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

The cloud breaks we've had through day seemed to have filled in this evening hence the temps creeping up half a degree.

Maybe there's a few light Snow showers approaching. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Bradowl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - storms, tornadoes, snow

Had a few flakes in the breeze here and considering there's none on the ground, it must be coming from the sky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Showers are there and getting a tad more widespread but not heavy yet

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=48.055&lon=12.336363636363636&z=7&x=874&y=654

Posted

Yep. Nothing heavy but it certainly is snowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Sow falling here mate, very fine snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

rofl.gifrofl.gif You're obviously not too familiar with the snow loving coldies mentality, all it takes is a sniff to get the juices flowing, even when everything says no snow, the faintest glimmer from even

a semi reputable source is enough to throw any rational thinking out the window.

Its no different to the coldies in the model thread who see an Easterly chance deep into FI, t240+ and it gets them all excited, even though they know it wont materialise they cant help it and it destroys

them when the models taketh it away.

Its a form of mental illness we have and the reason we're all on Prozac. The good thing is it keeps us on here talking away til the early hours, if we didn't hope we wouldn't be here as much, also it

gives you something to rant about so we're all winning. clapping.gif

Edited by Machu Picchu

Posted

Actually check the radar mate it's definitely changing in the last half hour.

Sow falling here mate, very fine snow.

Pigs falling from the sky!!!! You're not at Hillsborough Sheffield at are you?