Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23/03/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, a new thread for a new day, so please carry on here

old thread here ----->

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Going by the BBC latest forecast, snow here looks like continuing until dusk, god knows how much snow we will have by then..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Wow!!! 5 miles out of Shrewsbury! 3-4 inches in march....... Still snowing now....

Sorry about it being upside down! You get the picture though.

post-1543-0-78165600-1364025384_thumb.jp

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted

Winter wonderland this morning out there, a good few inches though thawing in places already.

Posted

About 5cm in nottingham, not as much as I expected, but better than what seemed likely at midnight last night. Does seem as if precipitation is getting more organised, rather than fizzling!!

Posted

Updated warning from METO, Another 10-15cm expected over today..

Peak District National Park

Mountain area forecast

Sat 23 Mar

Weather

Continuing very cold and cloudy with further snow, initially quite heavy but becoming lighter through the day and perhaps petering out during the afternoon. Temperatures will barely rise above freezing even at low levels. Easterly winds will be strong, with gales at times over the tops, and again leading to significant chill.

Visibility

Moderate or poor, often very poor at first in heavier snow and in hill fog. Perhaps becoming good at times later.

Hill fog

Extensive and mainly overcast above 100 to 200m at first, probably lifting to mainly above around 300m during the afternoon.

Max wind above 400m

Easterly 45mph with gusts 55 to 60mph.

Warnings in place for the region: East Midlands

Issued on Sat 23 Mar

Issued at:

0737 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

A slow-moving band of rain, sleet and snow will continue to affect many central parts of the UK during Saturday. Further significant snow accumulations are likely on hills, with continued drifting and blizzard conditions in the strong southeasterly winds. At lower levels, some areas could see 5-10 cm of snow, though details on locations most at risk remains very uncertain at this stage.

The public should be aware of the continued risk of significant disruption.

This updates the warning issued earlier on Friday, reflecting the increased likelihood of accumulations of 2-5 cm of snow on higher ground around London and Kent during Saturday, and some temporary accumulations of 1-2 cm at low-levels.

A frontal system remains slow-moving across central and northwestern parts of the UK during Saturday, again giving some significant snowfall, particularly across high ground. The risk of disruptive snowfall looks to spread further south and east across England than on Friday, though in these areas conditions will be more marginal for snow, with perhaps rain and sleet becoming more prevalent at times

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

13 cms here in West Malvern. Currently -0.5oC. Here are a few pics I snapped:

After wrestling with Photobucket I ended up putting the pictures in the Netweather gallery. Much easier!

gallery_8929_1067_488659.jpg

gallery_8929_1067_497396.jpg

gallery_8929_1067_355226.jpg

Edit: All right that's better!

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

Stunning scenes outside. Not snowing at the moment, but it looks like we ended up with a good 2-3 inches overnight (I'll let one of my fellow Solihull posters trudge about in the freezing cold taking measurements lol).

Will upload some pics in a short while :)

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Going by the BBC latest forecast, snow here looks like continuing until dusk, god knows how much snow we will have by then..

Yes its a scary thought what we will finish with after this is over, im gonna venture out in a bit to attempt to get some pics to add to here later. glad to see most you have at least seen some snow from this...

Posted
13 cms here in West Malvern. Currently -0.5oC. Here are a few pics I snapped:

Awesome pics Barb, thank you for sharing. You are pretty much in the perfect location for these type of events good.gif

Bish

Posted

Yes its a scary thought what we will finish with after this is over, im gonna venture out in a bit to attempt to get some pics to add to here later. glad to see most you have at least seen some snow from this...

Yes thats my plan...(later) after a few coffee's, the drift's will be massif out in the fields. I had a walk out last night, there was so much snow in the air i could hardly breath.

Posted

Snowing in stoke . Heaviest its being since about 6 pm last night. Im dissapointed it wasnt heavier for my area . All i got was snizzle for most of the night

Posted

Love how Oswestry has 40cm and we have about 4!!!!

Never mind, it's still coming down, slowly slowly

40cm? That's impressive. I think the tv stations should send reporters to places like that. They always seem to send them to places, where they stand there saying how bad it is, but it usually looks as though there isn't much snow there!

Posted

23rd March and were stuck in for a nother few days.

I understand you guys love it though..

Having been out of work for 5 weeks, not being able to drive to get out is totally doing my head in.

And no Prem football to enjoy either.

Was hoping the roads around the West Mids would be clear by tomorrow, but Im not so sure now , as it shows light snow all day. cray.gif

Snowing well here in Redditch and sky looks full og it.

Main roads may be okay - but cant see them from here.

Edited by mr benn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Snowing in stoke . Heaviest its being since about 6 pm last night. Im dissapointed it wasnt heavier for my area . All i got was snizzle for most of the night

you must have a lot though, around 12cms 5 inches, better elevation than me as well