Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23/03/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted

Small flakes but heavy now here. either the band is moving west of whats here has intensified.

Posted

Light snowfall here, dusting on pavements... perhaps 2 or 3 cms on grass and other favoured surfaces.

Posted

Just got back from Royal Albert Hall, really heavy snow on the way down, but nothing in London lol. Got back to another 3 cm here in tamworth, not bad for march lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another light covering tonight as my car was clear at 7 n now covered again.

Best snowfall for some years. The heavy snow yesterday afternoon was great n the wind chill over the hills was great.

FairPlay to Dudley n Wolverhampton councils, roads pretty good considering except my friends street who is stuck until it thaws lol!

Yes in my opinion, Dudley Council does a very good job a lot of the time. Ive been told the roads around Merry Hill have remained clear during this snow.

Meanwhile it looks almost inevitable that were going to face more snow before this cold spell goes, and this time ill be back home for it! :D

Posted

Still snowing fresh covering of a good few centimeters now on top of what we had. Must be over 10 cm out there now in very urban area.

I make that at least 27 hours of continuous snowfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snow still falling here the bits that thord is now covered again. What a sbell for late march. So what's the forecast for us today guys? Gow r the 00z runs looking?

Posted

Snowing all night West of Derby and drifting. Radar shows more to come and interesting pepping up of snow coming from Belgium across the channel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

After an hour of so of dry weather shortly after midnight light snow resumed and it's still snowing now. The wind has increased again and it's even colder with a current temp' of -3.7c. Constant drifting. About another 2cm on top of the 41 cm already lying; this really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Yes in my opinion, Dudley Council does a very good job a lot of the time. Ive been told the roads around Merry Hill have remained clear during this snow.

Meanwhile it looks almost inevitable that were going to face more snow before this cold spell goes, and this time ill be back home for it! :D

Birmingham council are awful. I live in brum work in Coventry and my sister lives and Warwick. If we have snow or ice the roads in brum are awful. 20/30 mph on the a45 main road as soon as i leave Birmingham the roads are totally clear. This has happened lots this winter. Putting lives at risk. With high traffic volumes you would expect the roads to be better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still lots of little flakes blowing in wind, no ecmwf 00Z? not updated, thought it was clocks next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Been snowing all night in Belper, mostly light but some heavier burst this morning. I would reckon about 10cm now in the town centre area so that is an additional 5cm. Places higher up in Belper must have 15cm+.

Unfortunately the A6 has now been closed at Cromford and that was my last route up to Buxton to see these big drifts :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

morning all still heavy snow here with some outstanding drifts, one of which has almost blown up to my lounge window.. so we are now at hour 40 for this heavy snow, dont look like i will be collecting the new car in the morning... i cant even find the old one on the drive......

Posted

Been fresh snow overnight in Shrewsbury

The clear roads and paths are now white over again, I cleared the car and now there's another 2-4cm covering. Reckon I'd be able to find a sheltered spot now with 8-10cm if I'm lucky! Just a shame about the thaw Friday and Saturday. Road looks dodgy, think it's froze overnight colder than Friday night