And also the NAE is rubbish according to The Met Office. lol

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

fair enuf.

i guess its a case of one radar telling porkies and the other telling bare faced lies lol

post-15445-0-42991300-1364141732_thumb.jpost-15445-0-25049300-1364141742_thumb.j

Must be anaprop? So, let's all just look-forward to 5 days' cold, windy dreariness...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

is it right it might continue into May?

Hopefully that is a hugh exageration, looks like april may start cold though.

Posted

Wait, Lowestoft has a tourist industry? whistling.gifclap.gif

Incredibly we do. Here is a photograph of the lovely weather that brings thousands of sun seekers to our beaches. I think this was 2012 Air Festival. The 2013 Air Festival has been cancelled.post-18422-0-96970800-1364145198_thumb.j

Posted

Incredibly we do. Here is a photograph of the lovely weather that brings thousands of sun seekers to our beaches. I think this was 2012 Air Festival. The 2013 Air Festival has been cancelled.post-18422-0-96970800-1364145198_thumb.j

Southernman captured a video of a waterspout twirling at the airshow very clear what it was, looked like a tornado.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Must be anaprop? So, let's all just look-forward to 5 days' cold, windy dreariness...

From the forecast tomorrow looks pretty sunny round these parts between the frontal band and the cloud affecting north eastern areas. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Heh the awful road system does a good enough job for Yarmouth rofl.gif

I don't go anywhere where I can see wind turbines. They make me feel sick at the sight of them. So Yarmouth, most of Cornwall, all of Scotland, and now Devon and Cumbria, North Yorkshire are off 'my places to visit' list.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I like a gritter as much as the next fella, but you look like you're getting way too excited. What are you like with Buses?

Trains are my thing.

However.. I followed a gritter for at least two miles and was fascinated/excited ALL the way!

Especially as we are not forecast snow. Gritters in Brighton are very rare in fact, so we must be in for a freezing night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Just driven to work in Colchester from Lowestoft and there is a fair bit of snow with a lot of drifting south of Blythburgh; looks like it fell during today. The Lowestoft snow Shield is holding up well as usual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Snow still piling into Yarmouth and Lowestoft area according to radar.

Oh wait.... this weekend has been a complete right-off haha

Posted

is it right it might continue into May?

Due to the shifting of the magnetic pole and solar minimum it is a very strong possibility of the cold conditions lasting longer

Posted

Afternoon all :)

A fascinating day weather-wise and far more typical of mid-winter than early spring. An overnight dusting here in lowland East London (accumulation on cold surfaces, a dusting on grass) has remianed all day suggesting very low air temperatures. I travelled to Orpington to see Mr Stodge Senior - more snow over there as might be expected with altitude but not huge accumulations. Once again, a bitter wind and very little melt (though some evaporation).

Not sure what today's maxima have been though very close to freezing I would suspect. I'm also uncertain where all this is going in the medium-term. Normally, you'd expect one of two possibilities for an evolution to milder conditions - either an Atlantic breakthrough or an anticyclonic development where said HP sinks S or SE allowing milder air, The latter looks off the table while the former is struggling. Remarkable synoptics for any time of year.

Posted

Jp it looks like it will be our turn later in the week to get a big dumping of snow???

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted

Snow still piling into Yarmouth and Lowestoft area according to radar.

Oh wait.... this weekend has been a complete right-off haha

It's actually getting heavier on the radar, shovel at the ready.

Posted

Jp it looks like it will be our turn later in the week to get a big dumping of snow???

waiting ecm and fax charts

hopefully yes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

As soon as you posted this, I drove down to the scene, nothing I'd ever seen before!!

Parts of the pathways are buried

post-15503-0-02946000-1364142708_thumb.j

Cars had to go around this mess.

post-15503-0-15000600-1364142724_thumb.j

Another angle, takes up half of the Southbound road. Somewhere under that is a footpath.

post-15503-0-65144300-1364142741_thumb.j

They need to plant some hedges again. See where the hedges start up the road on pic 2 and the snowdrifts stop?

Around here, all the farmers are putting them back as they stop snow drifting across the roads (unless the wind is in the wrong direction).

There used to be a bit south of Newmarket where the snowdrifts across the road were really bad if there was an easterly, but the Arab sheik who bought the Dalham estate, put in some hedges along it 4 years ago and now there are no snow drifts.

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

There has been snow falling in all of its various types since Thursday evening. Thats nearly 48hrs of continuous precipitation. And at the end of march I am looking at 10 inch icicles hanging by my front door.

The whole thing just boggles my already addled brain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

I hope that when it moves south it picks up some stuff from the North sea.

Still got my dusting and everything has dried up so I should get some fresh snow on other parts if it does snow.