Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 24th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Not snowing, cold, windy, grey blah blah blah

Have to say, this winter (and indeed early spring!) is like Groundhog Day!groundhog-day-photo.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

578105_511654055537646_23893751_n.jpg

For those of you starting your Bank Holiday weekend early...........................Happy Easter

Check out this little fella, hatched about 3 minutes ago!

We have another 7, with another two eggs 'pipped' (started hatching) so I'll upload a nicer one later on today when they're all dried out

post-8272-0-00507600-1364471378_thumb.jp

Posted

Check out this little fella, hatched about 3 minutes ago!

We have another 7, with another two eggs 'pipped' (started hatching) so I'll upload a nicer one later on today when they're all dried out

I feel guilty now sorry.gif

Posted

All the witty banter and repartee in here today, let me encourage you to enter the caption competition over the weekend:

Winner to be picked on Tuesday :good:

Posted

I feel guilty now sorry.gif

Don't feel guilty - all I can now imagine is eating some mini-eggs. Well, it is nearly Easter.22470-01_21.jpg

Posted

all I can now imagine is eating some mini-eggs.

I guess it depends on you girlies expectation of size?

Record-Biggest-Chocolate-Easter-Egg-Belgium-01.jpg

Posted

There's some really funny captions there Coast laugh.png

It's going to be hard to pick a winner!

Posted

There's some really funny captions there Coast laugh.png

I agree - I know my favourite, and I know I can't top it!

Posted

Actually, I'm not a big choccy person, but toast me a couple of these on Saturday morning and all that butter running down your fingers and arm... om nom nom nom!!!

hot-cross-buns-3.jpg

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Provisional statistics show that March is set to be the coldest in 50 years for the UK. From 1 to 26 March the UK mean temperature was 2.5 °C, which is three degrees below the long term average.....

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2013/cold-march-statistics

Posted

Staying on Statistics for a mo

Amazing stats for here with 23 of the 28 days of March being winds from an easterly source, this is going to be a new record of 26 from 31 I reckon by end of Weekend.

Currently at 3.6c here for the month which is 4c under the normal 7.6 average.

Incredible Month for extremes this!

Posted

Not been on here for the last week or so, in terms of stats and forecasts, is there any hint towards a warm up at all? As a prospective beekeeper, I need some warmth to get my bees homed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Following on to my picture posted yesterday of a Green Woodpecker and then a subsequent conversation about other Woodpeckers,

This is the female Great Spotted Woodpecker sharing a suet block with a Blue Tit.

post-3080-0-62393600-1364464277_thumb.jp

That is an excellent photograph Marc B. I have never seen a woodpecker in the wild and I always imagined they were somewhat larger than your picture indicates when one compares it to the Blue Tit in the picture. Many thanks for sharing it with us. I have certainly learnt something today.

Cold and misty this lunchtime in NW1. Not a good view out of the office window here on 27th floor.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

That is an excellent photograph Marc B. I have never seen a woodpecker in the wild and I always imagined they were somewhat larger than your picture indicates when one compares it to the Blue Tit in the picture. Many thanks for sharing it with us. I have certainly learnt something today.

Cold and misty this lunchtime in NW1. Not a good view out of the office window here on 27th floor.

Kind Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave.

The Great Spotted is actually the middle size of the three that are native to the British Isles, the Green being bigger and the Lesser Spotted smaller.

The skies have now completely clouded over here too, so from what was a beautiful morning it has now turned into a repeat of the last few days.

Temp climbing slowly to 3.5°c.

Posted

Not been on here for the last week or so, in terms of stats and forecasts, is there any hint towards a warm up at all? As a prospective beekeeper, I need some warmth to get my bees homed!

I bought a beehive for Christmas! I am waiting like you to get my colony! I think we are going to have to wait some time yet my friend. Would hazard a guess and say cold at least until 8th April the rest is FI !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy frosty weather Cool Sunny Summers

Light snow here become darker dont think will last for long though,

Posted

is there any hint towards a warm up at all?

e018.gif

Posted

I bought a beehive for Christmas! I am waiting like you to get my colony! I think we are going to have to wait some time yet my friend. Would hazard a guess and say cold at least until 8th April the rest is FI !

haha, so frustrating, I have my hive good to go, I have an overwintered nucleus on promise to buy... just wondering if there will be any left at this rate, they cant fly, hopefully enough supplies!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Knowing our luck here in the south east, the forcast cold dry sunny days are probably when we will see snow.

Posted

Just back from a quick trip to Hopton which is situated between Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth. This area is having all kinds of problems due to the constant easterly winds. Sea defences have smashed, path to what used to be a beach has collapsed, and the cliffs are in a very dangerous state. When I got there I saw lots of people from the environment agency and council workers standing around shaking their heads. There are a lot of property owners along there who are getting extremely concerned. I took a few pics but they don't really tell the full story.

post-18422-0-58102100-1364480180_thumb.jpost-18422-0-39319300-1364480203_thumb.j

post-18422-0-24638100-1364480213_thumb.jpost-18422-0-97309200-1364480226_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Just back from a quick trip to Hopton which is situated between Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth. This area is having all kinds of problems due to the constant easterly winds. Sea defences have smashed, path to what used to be a beach has collapsed, and the cliffs are in a very dangerous state. When I got there I saw lots of people from the environment agency and council workers standing around shaking their heads. There are a lot of property owners along there who are getting extremely concerned. I took a few pics but they don't really tell the full story.

post-18422-0-58102100-1364480180_thumb.jpost-18422-0-39319300-1364480203_thumb.j

post-18422-0-24638100-1364480213_thumb.jpost-18422-0-97309200-1364480226_thumb.j

Scary Gary,

I have never seen those wooden defences before, surely they must only have been a short term solution?

Great pics though.