Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 24th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just back from a quick trip to Hopton which is situated between Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth. This area is having all kinds of problems due to the constant easterly winds. Sea defences have smashed, path to what used to be a beach has collapsed, and the cliffs are in a very dangerous state. When I got there I saw lots of people from the environment agency and council workers standing around shaking their heads. There are a lot of property owners along there who are getting extremely concerned. I took a few pics but they don't really tell the full story.

post-18422-0-58102100-1364480180_thumb.jpost-18422-0-39319300-1364480203_thumb.j

post-18422-0-24638100-1364480213_thumb.jpost-18422-0-97309200-1364480226_thumb.j

thanks gary im up north Norfolk; over Easter i think i better bring my full winter stuff , do i need to bring me shorts !!cold.gifcc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Well the convection hasn't got going....NEXT!

Posted

thanks gary im up north Norfolk; over Easter i think i better bring my full winter stuff , do i need to bring me shorts !!cold.gifcc_confused.gif

You will be glad to know that Hopton is South-East Norfolk. I was in Cromer a few days ago and there were plenty of people surfing in the North Sea so might be worth taking your wetsuit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

The poor Daffs in the garden don't know 'weather' they're coming or going at the mo' nea.gif

post-3080-0-78247000-1364482026_thumb.jp

Posted

Scary Gary,

I have never seen those wooden defences before, surely they must only have been a short term solution?

Great pics though.

Those defences have been there for years, they actually work quite well, but the battering they have been getting over the last few weeks has taken its toll.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Today's observation having a bald head and no coat on at east Croydon when your train is delayed , I have come to the conclusion it's cold today

Posted

Coldest and dullest March since the 1960s

This March is set to be the coldest and gloomiest in Britain for 50 years, the Met Office has said, as the country prepares for a freezing Easter.

The latest statistics from the Met Office showed that from March 1 to 26 the UK mean temperature was 2.5C (36.5F), well below average. It makes it the coldest March since 1962, when the average was just 1.9C (35.4C) and the joint fourth coldest ever, alongside 1917 when it was also 2.5C (36.5F). So far there have been just 59 hours of sunshine, making it one of the dullest starts to spring on a par with 1964 when there was just 64 hours for the whole month.

Dave Britton, of the Met Office, said the cold weather is due to last. “Easter will be chilly with some good sunny spells but bitterly cold easterly winds at first, then easing. “There will be the odd snow shower in the East and possible sleet in the far South-West. Nights could see -10C (14F) locally in northern England and Scotland. “There’s little change next week.â€

Snow flurries will continue over the weekend down the east coast and temperatures will remain around 2C (35.6F), feeling even colder in the wind. Maximum temperatures will reach 5C (41F).There will be rain in the west, possibly turning to snow and sleet as it moves north over the weekend. At night the mercury will plunge to -5C (23F) in most places and to -10C on higher ground in rural areas.

The coldest Easter temperature record is -9.8C at Lagganlia, Inverness-shire, on Easter Monday, March 31, 1986.

Next week will continue to be dry and cold with overnight frosts and sunny spells during the day. By mid April it may warm up in the west and become more unsettled but the north and east is set to remain cold until the end of the month. The weather is being caused by a high pressure front sitting to the north east of the UK bringing in cold winds from the east. The Met Office three month forecast predicts it could warm up in late May as the high pressure block moves slightly south and the Continent warms.

http://www.telegraph...-the-1960s.html

Could warm up in late May?? What???? WHAT??!!!!!! c078.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Liar liar pants on fire. Is it really?

Aye...

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

This winter...

sucks

Posted

my friend's tortoise predicted it by his behaviour and not coming out of hibernation

I'm till waiting for five to get out of their lazy beds!!!

Posted

he's still down really deep, but he should be up this week

I can't let these tinkers out in the garden though, still way too cold for them

Posted

Yay Bank Holiday weekend and I think I'm going to the 'throat clinic' later!!! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

tell us more, don't just sit there gloating

my friend's tortoise predicted it by his behaviour and not coming out of hibernation

Don't get to excited, JJ Twas only a flurry...Now, it's back to reality...

Posted

Don't get to excited, JJ Twas only a flurry...Now, it's back to reality...

well I went to Aldi this morning, it was packed, you would have thought the end of the world was coming

Posted

well I went to Aldi this morning, it was packed, you would have thought the end of the world was coming

You wouldn't got to Aldi if it was though surely?? acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

I'm till waiting for five to get out of their lazy beds!!!

I'm glad tortoises have been mentioned..........mine is still in hibernation...........is it OK to leave them? (he is still well buried) This will have been the longest he has hibernated..............!

Posted

I'm glad tortoises have been mentioned..........mine is still in hibernation...........is it OK to leave them? (he is still well buried) This will have been the longest he has hibernated..............!

my friend is very worried as well, i don't know if the vet can advise, she has had him for 50 years and this is out of character

She also heard a radio programme about hedgehogs having hibernating problems this year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

my friend is very worried as well, i don't know if the vet can advise, she has had him for 50 years and this is out of character

She also heard a radio programme about hedgehogs having hibernating problems this year

This is the 5th year I've hibernated him and each year he has woken up naturally.............I find it fasinating......nature is a wonderful thing!!!.........

Posted

Hmm not sure, I'll have to ask my tame expert. They aren't in the main house (but where they are is alarmed!! wink.png) and it gets down to freezing at night. No way they can go out into the garden though, still too wet and cold. One buried itself last Winter in a border and wasn't found until late Spring when he popped his head up for air!! (survived snow and deep frost)

Edited by Coast

Posted

This is the 5th year I've hibernated him and each year he has woken up naturally.............I find it fasinating......nature is a wonderful thing!!!.........

it is fascinating, last year he came up in midMarch when we had the freak early heatwave

You wouldn't got to Aldi if it was though surely?? acute.gif

guess not, but i got lots of casserole ingrediants, shall have lambcasserole and chickencasserole in the next few days, just the weather for it