Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 24th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Following on to my picture posted yesterday of a Green Woodpecker and then a subsequent conversation about other Woodpeckers,

This is the female Great Spotted Woodpecker sharing a suet block with a Blue Tit.

post-3080-0-62393600-1364464277_thumb.jp

Posted

Well,it WAS sunny here,clouding over nicely now.

Snap - same here. It was nice whilst it lasted rolleyes.gif

Posted

Well,it WAS sunny here,clouding over nicely now.

ASII_20130328_0900.png

Doesn't look too bad out there?

Guest archiesmummy

Snap - same here. It was nice whilst it lasted rolleyes.gif

Ditto here, cleaned my windows and was even going to get some Sun on my washing but its gone in now and turned very cloudy! Typical!

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Had a brief flurry at around 8.30am this morning but nowt since. Temp slowly rising and now at +3.4c

Edited by damp patch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Have to say it may well be 2.5c but with the sun out,it does feel much nicer! Yesterday afternoon walking home and the sun came out, it actually felt bearable, even though temperatures are low, strength of sun getting stronger now! clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not sure why but I'm liking the look of these clouds, they've bubbled up very quickly, on a warmer day I would be expecting some very lively showers soon, The way the weathers been recently though I haven't got a clue on what these clouds will do.

Posted

Not sure why but I'm liking the look of these clouds, they've bubbled up very quickly, on a warmer day I would be expecting some very lively showers soon, The way the weathers been recently though I haven't got a clue on what these clouds will do.

They do look a bit "snow laden" and it feels really bitter now the sun has gone. Still nothing much on radar though

Guest bjaykent

Suddenly starting to look really quite dark out into the estuary now, but can't see much on the radar, time will tell! Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Suddenly starting to look really quite dark out into the estuary now, but can't see much on the radar, time will tell!

Funny you should say that,just this second looked out my window here towards you Bj and it`s defiantly looking darker cloudwise.

Posted

Suddenly starting to look really quite dark out into the estuary now, but can't see much on the radar, time will tell!

Yes, starting to cloud over here in Oxford too,the clouds look very cumulus like, could spark off some showers later!

Posted

Seems to be getting darker quite quickly now,only 30 mins ago it was cloudy but bright.

Oh well,time to get the multitude of thermals on and head on off to hernia bay to start the day. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's unusual to see the mares' tails tracking westward for so many days...

Posted

It's unusual to see the mares' tails tracking westward for so many days...

Must be on their way to Tesco's?

Horsejoke.jpg

Posted

post-15543-0-08752200-1364466335_thumb.jYes definatel darker skies... Perhaps some of us will see scenes like this later...

Perhaps Headington High Street will be like later, as the schools break up for Easter... whistling.gif

post-15543-0-85818300-1364466425_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

My friend said it's snowing in gravesend, one of the precipitation models didn't have the snow flurries over us until between 10am and early afternoon

Posted

Just up the road from there and it`s looking dark over Gravesend so not surprised there`s a flurry mentioned.

Guest bjaykent

Following on to my picture posted yesterday of a Green Woodpecker and then a subsequent conversation about other Woodpeckers,

This is the female Great Spotted Woodpecker sharing a suet block with a Blue Tit.

post-3080-0-62393600-1364464277_thumb.jp

Hi MarcB, Another great photo, Green woodpecker has been yaffling all morning here, difficult to liken it to anything, I suppose it's a bit like somebody laughing. We get Great-spotted here too on the peanuts, but not very often as we lack mature trees being on the edge of the marsh. Never seen Lesser spotted in the garden but when I have seen them before always surprised how small they are, only about starling sized.

On the weather front definitely darker here now, in fact just started snowing very slightly, clearly something is building up.

Edited by bjaykent

Posted

The sun earlier seemed to trigger some thicker clouds. Temp got up to 3.3c earlier, now down at 2.5c with light snow flurries