Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Well it is that time when I start snooping around Netweather to see if 1963 is going to happen again (would take 2010 or even early this year). I see the rules have changed somewhat, FI used to be laughed at but FI is now king and analysed? The BOM @ T240 is quite literally the bomb.

Anyway, there is a smidgen of something wintry at the end of next week, well if you live on the Isle of Mull. Glad to be back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just hope the express are not at it again, with possible northerly toppler on the way, to say crap like, worst snow in years coming up!

then you'll most likely have Gibby saying -12 uppers and rain, if toppler happens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Just hope the express are not at it again, with possible northerly toppler on the way, to say crap like, worst snow in years coming up!

then you'll most likely have Gibby saying -12 uppers and rain, if toppler happens

Do you actually think the Express has followers that believe myths like Fox news? I do. Ironically if something wintry happens next week then the Express would probably have a headline saying "We told you it was coming" (in June)

Posted

It's the same in the mod thread every year - some people saying any cold spell won't last long and some people saying it's gonna be a mega sustained freeze, my advice is that 90% of people in the mod thread don't really know what they are talking about and it's all pure speculation without any real knowledge of what is going to happen. How ever the meto have real knowledge and lots of data so I  would listen to them and what there forecasters say plus the odd half a dozen "experts" that do post in the mod thread.

• Like 3

Posted

Could have guessed what the model thread would be full of following the 12zs, usual know it all posts 'told you so', which there is no justification for yet. A lot will have egg on their faces by the end of winter I feel. The way some go on, they should be working at the met office, as you say, there are at most half a dozen posters worth paying any attention to. But as we know, it's all about footfall.

Edited by ribster

Posted

just surprised how busy the mod thread is about a possible northerly toppler in FI, this forum will crash if -16 uppers and blizzards are shown at T96 and even then it can all go pete tong i just can't be bothered with all this any more but i always get sucked in if good cold charts are shown

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

It's the same every year LOL. Compulsive and repulsive at the same time haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

GFS... A typical now you see it, now you don't case. GrrrrrrrrrrPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

The pessimist in me is thinking the GFS 12z is actually 100% right, the northerly will roar through Scandinavia and into Eastern Europe whilst we sit in this bland, grotty, boring, nothingness until at least Mid December! there's just something so off with the weather this Autumn, EVERY exciting event has turned into nothingness.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Express headline tomorrow about a three month freeze... :doh:

That's really put the kibosh on the cold spell. Posted Image

Posted

I'm no expert but have learnt so much over the past few years about how the atmosphere is likely to behave, weather patterns, etc.

In fact, we know far too much now and pretty much know when it won't actually happen.

Whereas, in the 60's, 70's & 80's we had very little idea what was happening 'upstream' and it was often a complete surprise to wake up to snow cover.

In other words, technology has eliminated the element of surprise!

This forum is brilliant and it's exciting to follow, but there's an awful lot of hope casting!

I just have a gut feeling that the NH weather pattern will be different this year compared with the last 4 winters.

So, less likely that we will see severe cold and wintry conditions, especially in the Southern half of the country.

Although there does appear to be plenty of bitterly cold air bottled-up around Northern latitudes.

I absolutely love the very cold severe snowy weather but if I was a betting man I'd be putting my money on a 'very average' British winter this time around.

I really hope my gut feeling is wrong.

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Posted Image

Hear! Hear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's because they only ever look for or show charts for weather which they like!!Posted Image

And when their 'forecasts' go pear-shaped, they blame the models rather than the weather. How perverse?Posted Image 

• Like 1

Posted

Don't know why people get wound up over the miseries in the mod thread, just put them on ignore and you don't have to read there drivel. Makes for a happy and contented life Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I think people forget that the second time ian brown signed up to this site it was under a pseudonym with the initials TMW (the even larger teapot) before people recognised it was him. He often gets away with his comments in the MOD thread as people defend his right to present his interpretation of the models, however I think the way he signed up to the site the second time suggests some sort of bias to his old theories or motive to annoy.

Posted

I think people forget that the second time ian brown signed up to this site it was under a pseudonym with the initials TMW (the modern winter) before people recognised it was him. He often gets away with his comments in the MOD thread as people defend his right to present his interpretation of the models, however I think the way he signed up to the site the second time suggests some sort of bias to his old theories or motive to annoy.

Well, why shouldn't he 'stick to his theories'?

I love cold, snowy weather; but I don't like being hyped into a frenzy of expectation about things that seldom verify...Posted Image 

• Like 3

Posted

I love cold, snowy weather; but I don't like being hyped into a frenzy of expectation about things that seldom verify...Posted Image 

But you take climate models at face value.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Im not saying he shouldn't stick to his theories however people who believe the moon landing was faked and that Elvis isn't dead often stick to theirs, doesnt mean they are not a) completely wrong, b) completely mad, c) rather annoying, d) using such nonsense in the face of evidence suggesting otherwise to annoy.

Posted

But you take climate models at face value.Posted Image

How would you know that?Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

I'm not normally one for posting and certainly not a pessimist .... But I've got that awful feeling that this deep cold will end up much further east. Hope very much that I'm wrong.

Edited by Chill Pill