Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

[*]Members

[*]2,543 posts

[*]Gender:Male

[*]Location:swansea

Posted Yesterday, 17:30

One of the coolest summers in Arctic recorded this year Posted Image

Some data even showing a refreeze well over a month early, http://arctic-roos.o...i1_ice_area.png

charts show over 100000sq km higher in the Arctic than this time last year ,with the Antarctic also at record sea ice levels ,the press is very quiet compared to the scaremongering of this time last year.,this proves that newspapers are dominated by GW alarmists .

[*]Back to top

[*]Quote

[*]MultiQuote

[*]Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the upcoming Arctic storm and temp high temp records falling across the Arctic regions I'm wondering if we are seeing KL again focusing on DMI's 80N algorithms?

With a full six weeks of melt season in front of us and a very large Cyclone ( sub 980mb) forecast for the Basin this week I wonder if the same song will be being sung come Aug 20th?

Edited by jethro
There's no need.

Posted

Must watch co2 alarmist smashed

Climate change denier Willie Soon questioned over Koch, Exxon funding

I think the Chapman Conference videos are more balanced and informative. To claim that CO2 warmists are smashed is about the level of some skeptics. And I stress some. And frankly I don't think it does the genuine skeptic arguments any favours.

Edited by knocker

Posted

I've no idea why my last post was deleted. It rather smacks of ANYWEATHER givng me a warning in the weather around the world thread which was quite ridiculous. I'm beginning to accept, "“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after youâ€

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

I'd rather hope that moderation here is fair and balanced knocks? Why would there be a wish to only silence to silence the likes of yuorself who , daily, bring forward news, papers and opinion (from both sides of the debate?) whilst other posters bring nothing of substance that must be challenged at each posting (for the sake of those searching for real info?) and appear to go about that business unmolested?

I suppose the historical Nazerene faced similar merely through his message?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Fair and balanced......A sceptical person posted in this thread, his post attracted a reply and a report. As this is one of the separate threads where numerous requests have been made to respect the separation, the post from the sceptical person was deleted - the reply it attracted (together with the quoted deleted post) was also deleted.

I'm classed a sceptic around these parts, theoretically if my thoughts on the topic affected my Mod duties, I'd have let the sceptic post slide. Damned if you do and damned if you don't eh.

• Like 4

Posted

I suppose the historical Nazerene faced similar merely through his message?

You must be joking? You are comparing the delivery of the climate consensus message with the delivery of the teachings of Jesus? Are you insane?

Edited by Sparkicle
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

You must be joking? You are comparing the delivery of the climate consensus message with the delivery of the teachings of Jesus? Are you insane?

It would be quite handy to have the gift of parting the seas though. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It would be quite handy to have the gift of parting the seas though. 

And have your name forever associated with designer sandals...That's what I call immortality!

• Like 1

Posted

C'mon Sparks! plenty of prophets around at the same time as the Nazerene but only one who got both the religious leaders and occupying forces wound up enough to martyr him?

I'm sure in 50yrs some of the targets of today's climate misleaders will be looked on very differently? one might even go so far as to ask why more attention was not paid to their warnings of what must have appeared the obvious consequences of delaying climate action, to us now, from the data we were harvesting?

• Like 1

Posted

Well it kinda of all makes sense to me, now.

Once upon a time there was an Eden, then man come along and enjoyed this Eden. Unfortunately woman also came along and tricked the man into eating from the tree of knowledge; that knowledge started to destroy the Eden and man was sentenced to toil the Earth (which made things worse) and woman to experience pain in childbrith (which didn't stop her overpopulating Eden and making things worse)

Some few thousand years later (we're ignoring the geological record, of course) a group of people with a charismatic leader (perhaps playing in the CHL) educated this parasitic species, this destroyer of good, this evil raper of the natural world, and pointed out that the knowledge from the apple was the problem, and that, if at all possible we should try to unlearn it. Alas, these vermin had it too late, and their fate was sealed; a coming doomsday was now certain.

It wasn't too late to repent, though; if you subscribed to this leader, and spread the word, and in the beginning was the word, and the word was God, you would have salvation; you might perish in the final collapse of Eden, but at least you'd know that you were saved.

Eden, the fall of man (partly because of woman), the disappearance of beauty, the coming apocalypse.

I will be waiting for the Sermon on the Mount, that's for sure.

Not.

Massively paraphrased from here: http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/ID/2818/Crichton-Environmentalism-is-a-religion.aspx

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

As an atheist, I can see some surprising agreement here.

Posted

Global Warming Denial is Science-Proof

Every time I see an opinion piece written by a global warming denier I think to myself, “Well, this’ll be painful, but at least it can’t get any worse than the one’s I’ve already read.â€

And then I read it. And I find out I was wrong.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/08/05/global_warming_denial_article_says_michael_mann_doesn_t_understand_science.html

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

Has Charley Dodgson come back to life? Regarding policy.

When King Coal ruled and dominated Britain's industrial landscape in the middle of the last century, there were 1,000 pits employing 750,000 miners.

Nottinghamshire - one of the most productive coalfields in Europe - had 47 collieries.

Thoresby pit in the heart of Sherwood Forest is all that remains of a once proud industrial tradition. Now Nottinghamshire's last colliery and the jobs of its 700 miners is in doubt.

That's because of a huge underground fire at a similar deep coal mine 60 miles further south.

Daw Mill Colliery in north Warwickshire has been forced to shut. Several hundred miners have been laid off.

It was the biggest mine owned by UK Coal, the country's largest coal producer. Daw Mill was its money-spinner.

UK Coal's chief executive Kevin McCullough is now battling to preserve the business.

You reap what you sow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22561187

Edited by knocker

Posted

As the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change prepares to release its latest report, Pilita Clark meets some of the key scientists behind it

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/4084c8ee-fa36-11e2-98e0-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2awemkmz0

Best quote of the year, so far, at least in terms of honesty ...

But is it possible that temperatures are not responding to carbon emissions as vigorously as scientists once thought or do we know if the oceans are absorbing more heat? “If we knew one, we could actually make a statement about the other,†Stocker said. “It’s really coupled. We’re not in a position to say either/or.â€

:)

• Like 3

Posted

Andrew Dessler, Climate scientist at Texas A&M; author of Introduction to Modern Climate Change, comments. "How you know you're losing the climate debate: when your strategy is to disgust your audience":

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/08/04/an-open-letter-to-dr-marcia-mcnutt-new-editor-in-chief-science-magazine/#comment-1381113

Edited by knocker

Posted

Arctic sea ice extent is now more than two million square kilometres less than it was in the late twentieth century, with important consequences for the climate, the ocean and traditional lifestyles in the Arctic1, 2. Although observations show a more or less continuous decline for the past four or five decades3, 4, there are few long-term records with which to assess natural sea ice variability. Until now, the question of whether or not current trends are potentially anomalous5 has therefore remained unanswerable. Here we use a network of high-resolution terrestrial proxies from the circum-Arctic region to reconstruct past extents of summer sea ice, and show that—although extensive uncertainties remain, especially before the sixteenth century—both the duration and magnitude of the current decline in sea ice seem to be unprecedented for the past 1,450 years. Enhanced advection of warm Atlantic water to the Arctic6 seems to be the main factor driving the decline of sea ice extent on multidecadal timescales, and may result from nonlinear feedbacks between sea ice and the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation. These results reinforce the assertion that sea ice is an active component of Arctic climate variability and that the recent decrease in summer Arctic sea ice is consistent with anthropogenically forced warming.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v479/n7374/full/nature10581.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

All the hockey sticks.

Arctic Sea Ice Hockey Stick: Melt Unprecedented in Last 1,450 years

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Arctic-sea-ice-hockey-stick-melt-unprecedented-in-last-1450-years.html 

hockey sticks bla bla that's what I say will this winter show extremes because if it does although this does not prove that man made climate change is not real it does question the validity of man made climate change.

and since 2007 winters and summers have been showing lots of different outcomes for our future, my overall theory is sun drives our climate and that if co2 admissions have been cut from industries then how come co2 is not declining? and if it does what will the overall outcome be evolution in our weather will do what it wishes I don't think anything will stop changes and im not a firm believer in man made climate change.

lets see if winter 2013 / 2014 can spring more of the same im a betting man and id be betting on a 2010 repeat.

Posted
Im not a big lover of proxies and not because they show what I like or dislike. I feel that it's very hard to reconstruct past temps using proxies either showing it to be warmer or colder then now, I don't know how others feel about this ( proxies that is ) without turning this into the usual them and us arguments. With regards to the actual conclusion, well even though Im no believer in proxies I think the conclusion wouldn't be too far off the mark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Im not a big lover of proxies and not because they show what I like or dislike. I feel that it's very hard to reconstruct past temps using proxies either showing it to be warmer or colder then now, I don't know how others feel about this ( proxies that is ) without turning this into the usual them and us arguments. With regards to the actual conclusion, well even though Im no believer in proxies I think the conclusion wouldn't be too far off the mark.

But, they are all we can ever have...until someone invents a tardis?

Posted

But, they are all we can ever have...until someone invents a tardis?

Indeed, but they are far from perfect Pete as the scope for error remains quite large.

Posted

I'm finding the sceptic, manmade threads confusing.

My view is clear, so I have not, ONCE, posted to the 'sceptic' thread. I don't mind what is written there, even though I disagree with all of it - I'll respect it and not post to it.

But, what should I expect of this, 'my', thread? Should I expect the discussion I see above with views I disagree with? Am I going to have to put my case in a thread that's designed to be free of debate?

members take part in the discussions that best match their own views, and not in the discussions which don't." 

Clarification please.

Edited by Devonian
  • Like 1