Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very hot. At Taunton right now. Car is reading 31-33c!!!!!

Posted

Exeter airport hottest 'official' station so far with 31.0C being reported at 14:20Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Unofficial I know but 32.3C here apparently in my back garden. The station is in deep shade but no Stevenson screen etc. Most local station is reading 31.3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

29.6c. Outside.......27.3 Inside.....Fan going on  soon....

Posted

Got 2 thermometers outside in garden. One very sheltered surrounded by cool concrete walls on 3 sides (never gets any sunlight in that alley) reading 30.1 C at the maximum today. Another thermometer in a very thick leafy tree which also never gets sunlight underneath it but does get a good airflow breeze around it reading 30.8 C at the maximum today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Rather warm........... cheep garden thermometer reading 33c! Just got back from 5 weeks in Sumatra/Malaysia, and this heat is certainly continuing the trend. Beautiful!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

What an awesome day that was at the yeovilton airshow, but no way would I attend an airshow like that again if I knew it was going to be that hot, I mean that heat was just unbearable to say the least, loads of people were dropping like flies with heat stroke!

Posted

How my local team managed to pay a friendly in that heat I do not know, but it was hard enough watching! Had it been in 3 weeks time the league match would have to be played anyway!

One thing though, the heat was very dry and I didn't feel sticky or uncomfortable while out.

Looking forward to a dusk time sat out with a glass of wine while watching stars appear and moths and bats flitting around the garden!

By the way, a thunderstorm is edging into our region near Gloucester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ok, just a hunch but you heard it here first. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77187-settled-spell-discussion-and-temperature-reports-july-2013/?p=2736601

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

BBC South Today tweeted earlier that Southampton yesterday hit 31.9C, Met Office have not yet confirmed this though.

Here yesterday it peaked at 29.0C & last night was very warm with a minimum of just 17.3C. Temperature at the moment is 25.0C.

Posted

To hot and sticky to be outside. .Sat   in the shade whilst eating Lamb Tagine with  spices...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

From Ian;

"Interestingly, radar suggests a few small-scale showers running across E from Wales over the Severn. Maybe some localised convergence there."

Posted

31.2c. at 15:36.....Going Down Now...29C....INESOMER4 Wunderground...

Posted

From Ian;"Interestingly, radar suggests a few small-scale showers running across E from Wales over the Severn. Maybe some localised convergence there."

A few cloudy spells here from about 2 until 4 and at one point it looked like we could get a shower but in last hour the cloud has dispersed.

Posted

Strangely we have had mostly a northerly wind here today & despite a sea breeze on the beach it has had no effect just a little inland where I live. Infact just walking a hundred yards or so from the beach & the sea breeze was not felt at all. Because of this it has turned out to be the warmest day of the year here so far with a max of 30.7C! Still hot now too with 30.0C Posted Image

Posted

Strangely we have had mostly a northerly wind here today & despite a sea breeze on the beach it has had no effect just a little inland where I live. Infact just walking a hundred yards or so from the beach & the sea breeze was not felt at all. Because of this it has turned out to be the warmest day of the year here so far with a max of 30.7C! Still hot now too with 30.0C Posted Image

Hit 30.5C here too. Like a wall of warmth, definitely hotter than earlier in the week when local 'official' stations measured 29.5C, a little way from the sea obviously makes a big difference. Edited by rjbw

Posted

Going to be a sleepless night here. Put the thermometer in the bedroom and it's 27.4c Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

MONDAY: Sunny and very warm, away from any coastal Mist or Fog. Max 19-25c.

Cornwall's Forecast: http://www.cciweathe...wall/4573724902

Channel Islands Forecast: http://www.cciweathe...ands/4573977985

180 Followers @kernowweather including Edward Sault, BBC Channel Islands Presenter & BBC Channel Islands themselves!