Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Cleared up nicely now, with this mornings sheet of cloud all but gone. With the sun now in charge the temperature has shot up to a rather pleasant 17degC or thereabouts. Still can't shift the breeze completely, but it has dropped a bit.

Posted

Same here in Leith Ravelin, very warm and wall to wall sunshine.

Posted

Same here. Cloud that was lingering has more or less melted away. Superb warm evening out there (and possibly many more to come)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Nice here too apart from the odd patch of very low cloud drifting across - feels like haar but haar that's drifted too far inland to be haar if you get my drift...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Its cracking in Lochgelly, the town has never looked so nice! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Nice here too apart from the odd patch of very low cloud drifting across - feels like haar but haar that's drifted too far inland to be haar if you get my drift...

So fog then? Posted Image

Down in Glasgow for a couple of days and it's very nice here this evening, just under 20'C when I checked earlier. I gather from Facebook that it's the same in Inverness too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Beautiful evening here in Lochgelly, clear blue sky, late evening sunshine, bliss!

Posted

Smashing day here too spring barley bouncing up. Put thermometer on windowsill facing sun in afternoon about 3.00pm and it shot up from 20c to 31.5c no wonder cats were all sunning themselves. Currently a great sunny summers evening at 15c.

Posted

Splendid drive home tonight in the fading light, once the fog ©NR went.  Mild at home and in the three days I've been away, all plants have just rocketed away. At last the onions are doing something - they have until midsummer I think before they give up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well yesterdays nice end to the day has overflowed to a nice start to the day this morning. Feeling pleasant in the sun with little cloud and, for a change, no real wind. Pity the forecast, for here at least, is for it to cool off a bit over the weekend. At least it's to be largely dry though.

Posted

If I get what you are saying, it appears we share a temporal annual celebratory event. Posted Image

Cool breeze here again this morning (seems to be a recurring theme this month) but brightening up now after a dull start with some light rain. The earlier sheet of grey cloud is being replaced with more fluffy white stuff with just the slightest hint of blue sky and the sun trying to break through.

Reckon so. My Mum thinks it quite romantic that I was born on oak apple day, although I would prefer to have a republican association... May 1st? but I don't think she would have been thinking of that all those years ago.

TW, good luck with your bike ride, I'll look out for your tyre tracks as I'll be up that way early next week.  Have to say, take your waterproofs as the west end of Affric is one of the wettest places in Britain.  Sometimes it can rain heavily up there for days with barely a pause, yet the coasts just a few miles east & west are just grey & damp.

Just warmish & grey here this morning. I went to look at the NW forecast this morning and for some reason it showed me the forecast for my home town, but it was its namesake in New Zealand and was showing snow and near freezing temps for the next week. The joys of cookies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Fair and warm up to lunchtime but mostly cloudy since and there are showers nearby.

16.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Next week is looking borderline hot at times for parts of the north west from Inverness, up to Ullapool and down to Argyle through Lochaber, with the Glasgow and Dumfries & Galloway areas also looking very nice. In saying that, the entire country is looking like it could be in for a very warm few days!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted

Borderline hot perhaps but will it be completely dry? Very likely not!

Posted

Except for the haar down the east coast...

Posted

Except for the haar down the east coast...

With your elevated status Shuggee, surely you could go down to the docks and disperse it with a regal wave!Posted Image

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Posted ImageGO AWAY HAAR.

Posted

Posted ImageGO AWAY HAAR.

Ok, now the same trick on all the wretched snails that have invaded the veg patches.Posted Image

That's the trouble with warm damp weather - what's fit for the goose, is fit for the gander.

Posted

Started nice and sunny but like yesterday the cloud's came in. Don't look like rain yet though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Cloud threatened for a bit but sol is winning, nice day with a mild breeze.

Sunday looking superb , pressure heading up to 1030 and over by late on, little wind, temps should feel much warmer than forecast. Good start to the met summer.

Bbq smoke around every corner tomorrow

Posted

The showers are crossing over now and they are pretty heavy!

Edited by NUT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Early cloud broke to give good sunny spells here. Felt warmer than the 15.8 C max. In the late afternoon there was one sharp shower with others nearby but the sun is back out now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Nice day. Breezy but in shelter very pleasant. Think ~17 C or so at least.

Did a bit more work in the garden which is coming on nicely. Been transplanting my 'favourite' (as Mrs SS calls them) aquilegia vulgaris to new beds at the front and post-extension at the back (random photo from the web as they're not flowering quite yet).

Posted Image

Cottage garden is the theme; herbaceous perennials to the max. 

Good excuse for not planning how it looks in any big way. Just everything mixed in randomly.

Veg doing ok - peas now germinating well. 

Edited by scottish skier