Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Grim Satellite picture today, after a cracking start in comes the occlusion and delivers another sheet of grey, be nice if it burned off some for later this afternoon earlier than the predicted 6pm clear skies.

Still, Monaco and F1 is on and the kids and Missus are oot.

Time to spend an hour listening to the word tyres repeatedly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Grim Satellite picture today, after a cracking start in comes the occlusion and delivers another sheet of grey, be nice if it burned off some for later this afternoon earlier than the predicted 6pm clear skies.

Still, Monaco and F1 is on and the kids and Missus are oot.

Time to spend an hour listening to the word tyres repeatedly.

Woops I fell asleep half way through the race... the problem with a late night celebrating last night.

Oh yeah weather well a couple of lovely days but now reality has bitten back and it's just cool & grey again.  Remarkably low tide last night to watch the  moon come up by.

Soil must be properly warming now as the garden's taking off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Visit to the beach was fun. Clouded over later so became a tad chilly, but we got a good couple of hours and the wee yin had a great time damming a stream.

Sun came out again earlier this evening. Now a pleasant 16 C as it starts to go down.

Just finished replanting a blackberry bush. When I originally put it in I forgot how it grows out big long spiky shoots for metres that wrap themselves around stuff etc. Was getting totally out of control and I was worried it might start grabbing little children soon. Anyhoo, can grow along the hawthorn hedge until it's heart's content now.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Planning a cycle trek from Kyle of Lochalsh through Glen Affric (staying at the youth hostel sat/sun night) and cycling through to Muir of ord the following Monday. I was hoping that azores high might have influenced that part of the country by then, looking not so sure now. Still, will keep my fingers crossed. Had a great sunny day at Aberdour on Saturday, so lovely this country when the weather is set fair!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A lovely day here on Saturday with loads of sun and temperatures up to at least 18degC. Warm enough for the garden table and chairs to finally be uncovered and used for the first time this year. Sunday was cloudier and therefore a bit cooler but still a decent day with the sun being warm when it managed to find a break in the clouds. Got loads done in the garden and...wait for it...spent just about all of the weekend wearing shorts. There was also a distinct aroma of lighter fluid and charcoal around the estate on both days. Posted Image

This morning has dawned to a sheet of grey/white cloud and a stiff cool breeze. Since I'm back in work (for a well needed rest) it doesn't matter so much.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

Planning a cycle trek from Kyle of Lochalsh through Glen Affric (staying at the youth hostel sat/sun night) and cycling through to Muir of ord the following Monday. I was hoping that azores high might have influenced that part of the country by then, looking not so sure now. Still, will keep my fingers crossed. Had a great sunny day at Aberdour on Saturday, so lovely this country when the weather is set fair!

Take your coat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We went to Eyemouth yesterday, wee bit of a cold breeze but fine with a cardi on. Sat next to some Americans in the chip shop who kept talking about LA and were here to play golf. I wonder if they'll come back ever, now that the weather has gone back to normal - cauld grey windy and dire here.

Posted

Saturday seems such a long time ago now. How crap it is outside!

Posted

Collegues of mine cycling from Lands End to John O Groats.  Decided to meet up on 3rd June at Blair Atholl ( not fit enough for whole thing!!)  On to Aviemore then Tain and up through Sutherland through to Tongue then on to John OG.  Hoping for some good weather in NW Highlands.  Looks like temps in low 20s.

Posted

Totally crap day weather wise .Was going fishing but had to abandon due to the pxsh .plenty flys kicking about now that the rain has gone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Bit of cool wind today, feeling rather chilly.

However tonight wind has dropped and actually not too bad, chooks out digging up my seedlings, kids out playing earlier and the tiniest bit of brightness on the horizon as it type. Just need a bit of heat and bingo!!

Edited by snowy owl

Posted

A bit of a mixed bag today really. Of course, after hosing the garden last night, we got some rain this morning but it was little more than a dampening.

Back oop north, there's just a breeze and quite a clear sky.  Nice to see some colour (damn Sitka, must get higher next time).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Bright and sunny start to the day here and feeling warm out of the wind. As seems to be the theme recently, there's a noticeable cool breeze blowing, keeping the temperature feeling on the cool side when you're exposed to the wind.

We largely missed out on the rain yesterday, with only some brief lighter stuff. I don't know how we're officially faring here compared to the average but unofficially it feels like we're probably on the drier than average side of the equation for the last month or two.

Posted

Collegues of mine cycling from Lands End to John O Groats.  Decided to meet up on 3rd June at Blair Atholl ( not fit enough for whole thing!!)  On to Aviemore then Tain and up through Sutherland through to Tongue then on to John OG.  Hoping for some good weather in NW Highlands.  Looks like temps in low 20s.

Just looked on the BBC 5 day forecast for Kyle of Lochalsh and itsonly 12 degrees, much cooler on the tops,may need buy an eskimo outfit brrr

Posted

Bright but cloudy this morning but without tha chill that yesterday had. Looking to the weekend and I think that we still may be lucky (in the NW) for some sunshine and dry conditions. That high is trying its best but just cannot seem to be able to go that extra mile (coupleof hundred would be nice)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Somebody tell me when it's nice because I need to go up to Glencoe and Oban sometime this year or I'll go mad.

Well madder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

After a bright start to the day things look as though they may go downhill again...feels quite humid to me although temps themselves not overly warm.Some rather dark and threatening clouds forming to my east..rain doesn't look far away!!

post-18260-0-89283900-1369739778_thumb.j

Tomorrow looks not too bad with temps certainly up...but still a few showers popping up as the day goes by.

post-18260-0-84877800-1369739961_thumb.jpost-18260-0-67718900-1369739971_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Rumble of thunder above me just now, it's muggy

Posted

Rumble of thunder above me just now, it's muggy

Lucky! Must have been just a rumble as it doesn't look like it's raining up there near the grampians (I think)

Here it's quite warm admittedly but cloudy and a bit breezy

Posted

At long last we have steady continuous growth currently 16c with a humid fresh south wind. A long time too since we have had warm looking clouds with a hint of thunder in their shape and colour. Garden starting to take off so have been weeding all morning. Crops looking better by the day too although still very far behind where they should be feels like early May and not late May.

Posted

Feels quite humid out at the west end of Burgh, clouds rolling off the pentlands looking quite thundery as well!

Posted

Splendid warm sunny evening on the north coast with a decent breeze too. No midges yet Posted Image

Proof: 

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

Well it's rather chilly here with that wind. We're just back from a local outdoor event and we were all very cold even with winter jackets on. Very unusual for the time of year. And if this was just an unusual day it wouldn't be so bad, but it's been mostly cold, cold, cold since autumn (what season is it anyway? Posted Image )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Splendid warm sunny evening on the north coast with a decent breeze too. No midges yet Posted Image

Proof:  Posted Imageben loyal.jpg

"By Clebrig and Ben Loyal and the bonnie Kyle of Tongue 

The roads we oft times travelled in the days when we were young 

There's magic and there's beauty in those hills while passing through 

There's many a mile from Melness to the Waters of Kylesku" Posted Image