Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Looks like temps could rise to the high twenties in parts of the West and Midlands over the coming week, although I think all parts should see temperatures near the mid-twenties. Some cloud across the North and West during the weekend, but it should clear up Monday. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Looking good. I reckon we could hit high 20s at some point in the city, snowstorm445. I nice, gentle, north easterly flow could do it for us.

Cork Airport record high is 28.7C, doesn't really look under threat in the next week though.

Here are the record maxima for Ireland from Met Eireann http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/extreme_maxtemps.pdf

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Nice and warm here at the moment, nearly 26C. Lots of cloud across the country, particularly the Midlands, but looks like its beginning to burn away. Northern Ireland looks surprisingly good today as well, any reports on the weather up there?

(http://sat24.com/en/gb)

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Nice and warm here at the moment, nearly 26C. Lots of cloud across the country, particularly the Midlands, but looks like its beginning to burn away. Northern Ireland looks surprisingly good today as well, any reports on the weather up there?

(http://sat24.com/en/gb)

25'c in Tyrone cloudy (phew) afternoon .. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Not sure temperature wise, mid twenties, slight breeze and cloudless skies.

Posted

Could be some sparks flying tomorrow for many areas.

Posted Image

Posted

I am porous ...

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Got up to 23.5c here today in mostly clear skies,for most of the afternoon the temp stayed at around the 23c mark. Clear skies and a temp of 19.6c atm.

Posted

Recorded my warmest max of the year so far during today,max temp 25.8c.

Current temp 21.4c.

Posted

Been hearing a bit about thunderstorms Friday but I'm reluctant to believe. Sure the Lift and Cape is good, but it's the trigger we need. Really need to get my head around those Skew-t's, otherwise I've to go through humidity, wind streams, sheer, dewpoint, etc.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by be cause, July 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by be cause, July 13, 2013 - No reason given

happy holidays to everyone.

Edited by The watcher
removed contraversial material
Posted

Got up to 26.8c here today the warmest ive recorded so far this year . Last nights low was 13.4c,current temp 21.9c.

Posted

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Trying to sleep during the day in this heat is near impossible, I'm going to drown in my own sweat :(

Posted

Ok folks, so what's your hottest temp in this heat wave so far? I hit 28 in the car and I was telling missus R that it was not reliable.... Weather station made a fool of me 28.6

Off down to Kerry for a few days soon, just hope this keeps up. No where else in the world would I be, than our land when the sun is shining!

• Like 1

Posted

I was back in South Tipperary last week and on Wednesday the weather station read 30.5C. One of the NRA stations about 25km away got to 30.9C I think, so I don't think the sensor was too far off.

Posted

Looks like temps upping again come end of week high pressure looks like remaining well into next week. Longest spell of dry weather for a very long time I can remember for Ireland.

Posted

down in west cork this week near rosscarbery. as my father in law is originally from here. had a lovely day at the beach today. the weather has been great so far.

Posted

I wonder if we can manage to bag an MCS this time for the breakdown. Still a while away, but it's been a long time since we have had an MCS over Ireland similar to those that Spain and France would see. Long draw Southerlys with a Low out West/SW would be the better scenario and we may just get that.

• Like 1

Posted

I wonder if we can manage to bag an MCS this time for the breakdown. Still a while away, but it's been a long time since we have had an MCS over Ireland similar to those that Spain and France would see. Long draw Southerlys with a Low out West/SW would be the better scenario and we may just get that.

It would be great. Sunday onward, the potential looks good! The mixture of heat and humidity is going to be stifling though.

• Like 1

Posted

It would be great. Sunday onward, the potential looks good! The mixture of heat and humidity is going to be stifling though.

Indeed, and it has already been uncomfortable most nights, but we haven't had a huge amount of humidity compared to what we will see.

Definitely will see sparks in Ireland so long as we don't see an eventual cool down.

Posted

Hot on the models forseeable future. 33.3c record at Kilkenny under threat. Will certainly be well in the 30's for some the end of the week, the weekend and next week. I think the west might just crack it.