Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

The watcher

Posted

How's it going folks. Just thought that I would drop in and say hello. This weather is amazing. Just one big excuse to drink plenty or beer and eat loads if burgers and hot dogs! Everything just has that continental feel about it and I love it! If only we could gaurentee this weather every summer! Anyway I hope you are all doing good and here's to a long hot summer. Have ti agree though that I would love to see a major thunder storm! Been a long time since I seen one! Think the last time I seen one was 3 years ago on our honeymoon aboard a cruise ship in the middle if the Med!

Posted

Ireland will officially be in "absolute drought" tomorrow according to Met Eireann who see no end in sight in the forseeable future to the hot weather. Looking at the ECM you can see why - this is next Tuesday

Posted Image

Difficult to breakdown.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A very surprising minimum of 6.1C this morning, much cooler than anywhere else. Perhaps being in the valley between the Knockmealdown and Galtee mountains allowed cool air to pool here.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

A very surprising minimum of 6.1C this morning, much cooler than anywhere else. Perhaps being in the valley between the Knockmealdown and Galtee mountains allowed cool air to pool here.

meanwhile the air over our coastal waters struggled to fall below 21'C ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

When I lived in a Scottish GlenPosted Image (1995) we had grass frost first thing and 31C by soon after lunch...That spell also had spectacularly blue skies...

Posted

Suppose we had some record July lows during 2006 too, but it didn't seem like anywhere else even got below 10C.

Anyway, maximum so far of 28.2C, so a diurnal range of 22.1C, by far the highest I've recorded here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the weather :D. It peaked at 28.3 degrees here today, still 27.1 now. Could be in for a muggy night.

Posted

Hello everyone. Just back from a long trip to Spain, Portugal and France. I took my eye off the ball on this one, didn't check the weather here and discounted stories from back home of heatwave so landed yesterday expecting grey skies and rain. Oh boy did I get this one wrong, lol. 

Posted

Just had a nice surprise there, a thunderstorm developed right over me, heavy rain and thunder claps, wasn't extreme but by my standards it was brilliant! :)

Posted

Hello All

I moved to Co. Limerick (Abbeyfeale) very recently, from Sunbury, near Heathrow in London.  I'm a thunderstorm lover and looking forward to some storms next week hopefully!  Last few years in UK has been pretty poor for MCS's and any light shows at all, really. 

Hope this week will bring some activity!

Nice to find an Ireland section

Tara

Must change avatar location............. ;-)

Posted

Hello All

I moved to Co. Limerick (Abbeyfeale) very recently, from Sunbury, near Heathrow in London.  I'm a thunderstorm lover and looking forward to some storms next week hopefully!  Last few years in UK has been pretty poor for MCS's and any light shows at all, really. 

Hope this week will bring some activity!

Nice to find an Ireland section

Tara

Must change avatar location............. ;-)

Welcome to Ireland and the Ireland forum Tara! Great time for you to end up in Limerick, hottest part of the country the last week. Storm potential should be good over the next whilePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Excited about storm potential next week.

Tuesday afternoon see's a good risk of some storms developing and these could get severe in nature.

We have that Low sitting perfectly poised to the West/SW dragging up warm humid air from the SE and adding moisture to the mix. Best poised for storms mid next week are Central, Southern and Western Ireland with the East and NE skimming the potential.

Best MCS potential early in the week. Mainly coming up through Wales and Western England, whether they survive the Irish sea is open at the minute.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

Hi Watcher, nice to read a bit about the Irish potential.

I've been closely following the convective discussion thread but unfortunately not allot of talk about this side of the pond. Certainly shaping up to be an exciting start to the week. My only fear at this stage is there seems to be allot of talk about the models shifting the fun and games further east. Not sure how that will effect us in terms of intensity? I'm guessing home grown storms will still be on the cards but MCS looking more unlikely and I really want a MCS. Not too much to ask considering I haven't had a decent storm since I was a kid lol. 

Anyway your thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Or anyone else's for that matter. Thanks in advance Posted Image

Posted

Some ominous looking skies with Alto Cumulus and Castellanus around.

Things perk up tomorrow and Wednesday with Thursday probably being my best risk.

Posted

Well the BBC local and national forecast showed not a drop of rain for Eastern NI today yet i wake up and its pouring down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Heavy shower in belfast. No thunder or lighting and not looking like it either from the forecast. Disappointing breakdown to a crackin spell of weather.

Posted

Heavy rain here in Bangor and now it has cleared there are booms and rolls of thunder in the distance - about 1 clap every 20 seconds or so!

Posted

Erm, look at Isle of man and what's heading up the East coast. Promising for the East. Heard about 5-6 distant rumbles so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Erm, look at Isle of man and what's heading up the East coast. Promising for the East. Heard about 5-6 distant rumbles so far.

Is there any potential today and next few days for NI watcher or is this good spell going out with the usual whimper?

Posted

Metoffice warning out for Northern Ireland now.  Radar looks good

Posted

Really fancy my chances for a storm tomorrow.

Posted Image

With a convergence zone across central Northern Ireland at midday.

Posted Image

Posted

Think we will see widespread storms today. More especially afternoon where I foresee a line of storms to develop from SW Ireland to NE Northern Ireland. These could be very lively too.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Some thunderstorms here last night between about 12 and 1 am with some very heavy rain at times.