Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Opinions of June and marks out of 10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

OK so june is drawing to a close and with 1 more day to go its looking like a fairly average month with some summery days sandwiched between some wet but not exceptionally wet spells. But what are peoples own experiences and what mark would they give it out of 10.

I would give it 4.5. Too many cool days at the start of the month here but some lovely sunny days to compensate. From then on there has been quite a bit of rain but this was from a couple of very wet days as opposed to a wet period. There have also been some dry days mixed in as well which felt warm but theres been no proper summery temperatures to speak of. However not a single Saturday cricket match has been affected by rain all month so thats a big plus in my opinion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny

10/10 for the first 10 days here in south wales,perfect weather loved every minute of it,didnt even want to go to sleep...the next 19 have been ok ish,im not complaining at all after the  run of summers we have had..but overall id give it a 7/10Posted Image looks like july could start along the same lines and hopefully continue for the whole month..and yes im being greedyPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

No major complaints at all. 9/10. Glorious beginning to the month and the rest has been fairly nice. Not hot that much and only once above 26C, none of this 30C filth. Plenty of days where cloud just hung over and the temperatures were maxing around 18C, absolutely perfect for me. Some humid days though. Slightly let down by a lack of thunderstorms though which I suppose need some heat, but that hasn't bothered me too much.

Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

the first month to feel like summer here since March 2012 ,, so a grateful 7

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Temperature - 2/3 - A tad too humid at times 

Precipitation - 2/3 - Fairly dry, could be better

Sunshine - 2/3 - Good amounts of sunshine

Total - 6 out of 10.

Posted

A good start and not too bad after but with two or three properly bad days. No proper heat either, but overall not too bad.

7/10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

cool max temp 21 deg...not too good at least we had a few nice days yet felt more spring than summer....will take this though if we make up in july and aug,,I cannot take a 7th poor july in a row!!!

marks out of 10.......a 5

Posted

the first month to feel like summer here since March 2012 ,, so a grateful 7

I'd go with that, it really hasn't been as warm as it should be though, we've only had two days just barely over 20C - but plenty of sun and very little North Sea fog, only one serious wet day but enough showers to keep things growing well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Not warm enough but definitely ok rain wise as we've avoided the constant downpours of last year.

A few sunny days early month but then endless low cloud off the North Sea. Nasty depression festered over my wedding weekend - we were lucky to only get gale force winds during the event with heavy rain falling during the setup and overnight (not good for those who chose to camp though!).

Overall- the short good weather periods fell at wrong time, generally not warm enough with cold winds and far too cloudy. As a plus it did well for not being wet. Garden is looking far better than this time 12 months ago so must have been sunnier/warmer than last June.

5/10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

My mark for the time I have been back from Spain (10th-30th): 5/10

Including conditions that occurred before I got back: 7/10

Good points of June: Very sunny first week; much drier than last two but not too dry

Bad points of June: Not enough sun after the first week; no heat; no thunderstorms; no temperature extremes

Posted

Sunshine: 6/10- very good first 10 days, bit too hit and miss since.

Dryness: 7/10- only 2 or 3 horrid wet days, not bad at all

Warmth: 4/10- the biggest let down by far. Real struggle to top 21C even during the sunny spells, Hans't even beaten May's highest temp yet which was far from exceptional.

Posted

A pretty good month for me here... Temperatures haven't been that high but anything above 25c with small kids just gets intolerable!

Far too much wind though!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Slightly annoying month. Forever swapping the quilt of the bed. Just enough rain to keep the weeds rampaging and grass growing so 8/10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Apart from the nagging East wind early on, all-in-all, a good month; it's always managed to rain just before lawn-death occurred...8/10.

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Not a bad month overall. The first ten days were very nice here,after that unsettled at times but certainly of course not the washout of last june with some nice sunny days and some dry cloudy ones too.. As for the temps nothing special although im not mad on heat anyway,max temp i recorded this june was 22.0c. Overall i would give the month 7/10

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

7/10 from me too, overall a decent month, the odd few poorer days well compensated with the very good ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well,it's not been too bad so......7/10....but......0/10 for thunder activity; at least in EA.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'd say 6.5/10 (as I'm deliberating between 6 and 7).  Some good sunny days during the first 10 days of the month and again on the 18th/19th which were pleasant for doing outdoor stuff in, but let down by a lack of notable weather events- very little temperature variation, no thunder and only two days with any convective precipitation of note. 

If I'd been located a bit further to the south-east it may well have struggled to get above 5 as I recall that I got rather lucky with regularly being just to the north-west of the North Sea cloud sheets early in the month.

It easily beats last June though which I would have given just a 2.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

First summery feeling month for quite a while, ideal summer conditions for the first 9 days, with blue skies and max temperatures from the high teens to low twenties.

Only around 8 days with measurable rainfall, most of which occurred during the 10th to 17th, much of that at night too (around 110mm of rain during that period, giving above average rainfall for the month). There was plenty of sunshine and relatively warm days outside of the first 9 too. A decent storm or two would have brought a bit more excitement to the month, but pretty good overall.

I'd give it 7.5/10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

No storms and the shield held remarkably well despite being under considerable threat shortly after the middle of the month, the lovely fine spell for the first week of the month, plus a little useable ordinary rain for the garden. So more positives there to outweigh any blips. So a well earned 7.5/10

Posted

9/10A bit dry, I suppose but after ave rainfall in May not a big issue.Lots of warm, dry & sunny weather,  Not too hot.

A really great start, with 10 days of sunny weather to start, since then it has been rather dry, with some sunny days and some cloudy ones as well.

First 10 days 9/10

Last 20 days 6/10

Overall 7/10

Temps Max 17.2c (-0.5c)

Temps Min 11.6c (-0.2c)

Sunshine above average (the positive anolomy entirely due to the first 10 days.)

Rainfall 34mm (53% of normal)

First decent good/average summer month since 2012.

7/10

Edited by Jackone