Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot and settled spell discussion and temperature reports July 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

25.3c here as a max. Perfect summer weather!

To the beer garden we go!

Posted

25.3c here as a max. Perfect summer weather!To the beer garden we go!

quite the little alcoholic botty!

Posted

Rostherne is up near me (the station that took over from Woodford). 27.2C showing here so that backs up just how warm we are again this afternoon.

Yes it's the BBC's replacement for Woodford and is pretty close to Manchester Airport, the BBC use it for their Manchester observations I believe. Then again I wonder how reflective of Manchester it actually is, being a rural station. It's certainly felt hotter than 26.9C in urban Greater Manchester today but then again it is much more humid again today so that could have something to do with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

quite the little alcoholic botty!

When the boss is paying and the weather like this.... what can a man do?

Posted

28C in Edinburgh.. that can't be too commonIsle Of Man (Ronaldsway Airport) reporting 26C!

29C in Shannon.

Also noticed it's quite humid/sticky in Ireland with 18C DP at Shannon and a temp/dew of 28/20 at Claremorris, in contrast across central/south England dew points are the low single figures in places, e.g Yeovilton and Coventry reporting just 1C dew points. I'm taking all readings from xcweather.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

A max of 24.6c here today, a bit lower than further inland as theres still a slight onshore breeze. It doesnt make much difference though, its still a bit of a nightmare for me as Im on night shifts!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Too hot again hopefully cooler tomorrow..

Posted

Also noticed it's quite humid/sticky in Ireland with 18C DP at Shannon and a temp/dew of 28/20 at Claremorris, in contrast across central/south England dew points are the low single figures in places, e.g Yeovilton and Coventry reporting just 1C dew points. I'm taking all readings from xcweather.

It's more humid up here in Manchester too, 27C with the dew point at 16C at the moment, not quite as humid as Ireland though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

24.4C here dan saaath. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

29C again here but I'm used to it now, lovely and warm although a few degrees higher would be a bit better. 

Last night was very pleasant with a low of 16C and it wasn't too warm, the perfect temperature to sleep in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Worst thing about this weather you have to have the windows open and you can hear the spoilt brats screeching or screaming.  Why don't they do pleasant things like laughing as they play.

Anyway far too hot still and very little breeze.

The sunniest day of the spell, cloudless from start to finish (so far, but this seems unlikely to change), after high cloud of recent days. It felt very warm outside, 24.9c at Blackpill, and 23.3c at Mumbles, although the temp at Mumbles has varied with a sea breeze at times. Perhaps tomorrow will be warmer there as the wind is more North Easterly so less chance of a sea breeze.

Rostherne is up near me (the station that took over from Woodford). 27.2C showing here so that backs up just how warm we are again this afternoon.

Closer to yours, Nantwich Reaseheath was 26.6°C at 4pm - http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/99179.html

Yes it's the BBC's replacement for Woodford and is pretty close to Manchester Airport, the BBC use it for their Manchester observations I believe. Then again I wonder how reflective of Manchester it actually is, being a rural station. It's certainly felt hotter than 26.9C in urban Greater Manchester today but then again it is much more humid again today so that could have something to do with it.

Manchester Hulme library reported 27.6°C at 4pm - http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/99029.html whilst Manchester University Whitworth observatory peaked at 27.7°C - http://data3.cas.manchester.ac.uk/current/index.html

NB: these are both rooftop observatories so not considered standard exposures but arguably ground level temperatures may well have been higher.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

26C outside, very pleasant now. Inside when sitting down I actually had to put a jumper on just now though. A low tonight of 15 or 16 so it will be fine to sleep in again.

Posted

Inside when sitting down I actually had to put a jumper on just now though.

Jeez - and I thought it was me who had some type of hormonal imbalance...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Looks like the hotspot today was Linton-on-Ouse at 28.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Still 24C outside, love for it to drop to 12-13C tonight to make it bearable to sleep in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Worst thing about this weather you have to have the windows open and you can hear the spoilt brats screeching or screaming.  Why don't they do pleasant things like laughing as they play.Anyway far too hot still and very little breeze.

Yeah, I have my window open I hear that (I overlook a supermarket) but if I have my window shut I sizzle.

Posted

Jeez - and I thought it was me who had some type of hormonal imbalance...

Temp down to a chilly 22c outside now,may have the heating on in a bit...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny

Temperature currently 21.4C here after a high of 27.3C, the highest so far this year. Lovely sunny day, totally cloudless, unlike recent days. Look like same again tomorrow Posted Image