Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 22nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Still distant rumbles heard around Newbury area...and the odd flash, but then the two do come together...drrr!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Looking at the NW extra radar a developing area of thunderstorms over the S.Midlands/Cotswolds seems to moving north towards me-now moving into S.Warks around Warwick/Stratford and heading for Coventry,possibly Birmingham/Leicester later.

Edited by phil nw.

Posted

Would agree with that around the London area. I still think the Midlands, more so the West Midlands  are the places to be tonight.

Yes the cap over London seems too, strong, I bet the bloody thing is made in HollandPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Area of very agitated AcCas moving north towards Essex!!

Looks like a distant anvil well off to the south.

Posted

anyone else hoping for Nocturnal Cooling ? Posted Image

In a word yes lol. I have also noticed that the dew points just ahead of the storms have now gone up to 18/19c and the CAPE is higher so I am hoping that may cause them to re-fire as they come towards me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Can still hear thunder rumbling away to the east of Swindon, very dark too.

Posted

If I was in Caen I would be worried right now. Considering the flooding from that monster earlier, there looks to be another one heading straight for them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

post-17017-0-02231300-1374520617_thumb.jpost-17017-0-02231300-1374520617_thumb.j

Posted

For heavens sake! Is anyone else having trouble with sat24?

YEP slow to load but get there in end, keep trying, too many peeps trying to view me thinks.

Posted

Storm just developed near Hinkley/Nuneaton. It really does look thundery out there now, I am getting ever more confident there will be a storm here :)

Posted

Thunder here atm. No real rain and can't see the lightning though.

Posted

Bit of a bust of the forecast today so some examination is required. Soundings show rather higher temperatures and humidity required for initiation early on than thought and the morning cloud cover played a part in keeping temperatures just below those needed. Combined with that was the convergence zone not really developing in the way expected and humidity arriving in the UK a little late.

Radar shows some storms have developed central south which are trundling along towards Leicester and Northampton with further development towards Peterborough. There is a storm to the south west of London as well. I expect most of these storms will be elevated rather than surface based in many cases. Eumetsat images suggest things are not quite going to play out as forecast overnight and tomorrow either.

Posted

Area of very agitated AcCas moving north towards Essex!!Looks like a distant anvil well off to the south.

Lol I am literally having me dinner looking out of the Kitchen window at it from the North, nice dark base and it is directly South of SE Essex. Will see what it does in the next 30-60 minutes or so

Posted

Well no storms in Slough but my weather station is still saying 28c!!!!

It is unbearable outside (and inside).

My camera and tripod is at the ready for storms...... Hope we get one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frightning Lightning !!

If I was in Caen I would be worried right now. Considering the flooding from that monster earlier, there looks to be another one heading straight for them.

Newbie here ....Hello everyone !

I was following that one yesterday night too ! It just seemed to be stuck there and just built and built ! 

Really enjoying following this ....better than watching Corro or Eastenders Posted Image

Just hope it comes up North tomorrow Posted Image

Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Urgh ...... hot and very humid. Those towering clouds that i had to the W-SW have gone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I can see big Cb's gowing up to my south,some distance away though,could be the leicester cell.

Posted

Bit of a bust of the forecast today so some examination is required. Soundings show rather higher temperatures and humidity required for initiation early on than thought and the morning cloud cover played a part in keeping temperatures just below those needed. Combined with that was the convergence zone not really developing in the way expected and humidity arriving in the UK a little late.

Radar shows some storms have developed central south which are trundling along towards Leicester and Northampton with further development towards Peterborough. There is a storm to the south west of London as well. I expect most of these storms will be elevated rather than surface based in many cases. Eumetsat images suggest things are not quite going to play out as forecast overnight and tomorrow either.

Do you mean there's going to be limited storm activity tomorrow or that they will occur in different areas than originally forecast? Posted Image