Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 22nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

I also think its still very early on in the night with plenty of time for more storms to break out further afield.

hope your right

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Lookslike that but even brighter pink and huge to my south......

Hopefully will start to see it flickering away as the darkness sets in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

This is far from over yet people. Nocturnal cooling could trigger quite a load of storms overnight and into the morning. We are under a very warm plume and so elevated storms cropping up almost anywhere cannot be ruled out. Tomorrow looks really good, as well as tomorrow night too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Huge cluster of storms over N France!!! Hopefully start to see some flashes to my south in the next couple of hours :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

First cell hitting the Sheffield shield and struggling expect the knock blow in the next half hour.

Posted

They seem to be headed more North rather than NE so maybe up towards the NE coast - there appears to be small convergence in this area according to XC too?

I like your optimism, lets hope so. I'm about 30 miles south of you so if it heads this way i'll keep you posted!

Posted

Just heard thunder in bedford!! Oh wait wait, just a plane Posted Image  Feels stormy but it looks like the area is going to miss the current storms :S

Dont loose hope yet, im a bit further north of you and looking from my bedroom to the south the whole skyline looks to be rather stormy, Mind you I kind think if we get anything it will just be a clipper lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

There really is no competition anymore, its becoming the norm for Nottingham, Leicester, Lincs and the North of the Uk to be the best spots for Thunderstorms in the Summer, who would have thought the South East would be one of the most stormless places in the Uk.

Times are indeed a changing and would never have thought this possible as most people would not growing up in the 1980's and 1990's.

Funny old world!

Night all!

AND GET SOME PICTURES NOW ITS DARK Posted Image Posted Image

Yes, I lose count of the multitude of severe, violent and spectacular thunderstorms I've witnessed in the SE since the late 1970s, through the 80s and 90's, some in the 00s too. Not sure what's happened, synoptics like today's would have meant imports and homegrown storms galore. Still, overnight and tomorrow to get through so must keep one's chin up!

Posted

I also think its still very early on in the night with plenty of time for more storms to break out further afield.

As stated earlier the Manchester METAR is going for storms within the airfield vicinity from 11pm onwards into tomorrow, this is just a taster of whats to come over the next 24 hours.

Posted

This is far from over yet people. Nocturnal cooling could trigger quite a load of storms overnight and into the morning. We are under a very warm plume and so elevated storms cropping up almost anywhere cannot be ruled out. Tomorrow looks really good, as well as tomorrow night too. 

liking your optimism

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Huge cluster of storms over N France!!! Hopefully start to see some flashes to my south in the next couple of hours Posted Image

See my previous post, wind should start coming directly from the south. Should, should head this direction....

Posted

This storm is huge, the sky is so black, constant lightning! Wow!

Posted

How's it looking for Leeds over the next 24 Hours storm wise?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

There really is no competition anymore, its becoming the norm for Nottingham, Leicester, Lincs and the North of the Uk to be the best spots for Thunderstorms in the Summer, who would have thought the South East would be one of the most stormless places in the Uk. Times are indeed a changing and would never have thought this possible as most people would not growing up in the 1980's and 1990's. Funny old world! Night all! AND GET SOME PICTURES NOW ITS DARK :rofl: :air_kiss:

I think there would be some from the NW England who would say that the SE England still does better than this region. Thunder has been a rarity over the last few years.

Posted

The one approaching us from the south. Just started to rain now. It's taking some blooming time to get here. Has it put the handbrake on as it seem to be hanging about around 4 miles south of here

Also, no thunder or lightning coming from it either...just rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Wow that was quite some storm... extreme heavy rain & almost constant strikes. Best one I've seen in a long time!

Posted

Is the SE Due any storms tomorrow then (Must admit have only concentrated on Todays and tonights) Thought I saw somewhere that same places and places further North were in for better chances at more severe storms tomorrow dut to much better dls and stronger southerly winds ?

Anyone know whats expected tomorrow, hoping Nick F Does a forecast because his only went upto this evening as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Sheffield shield having dinner right now. Won't survive much longer. The Nottingham storm will past to the east of me so no storms tonight I feel.

Posted

I think there would be some from the NW England who would say that the SE England still does better than this region. Thunder has been a rarity over the last few years.

Its gotta be close Kevin

5 in 5 years is pretty appalling and would not even class those as Storms to be honest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

They seem to be headed more North rather than NE so maybe up towards the NE coast - there appears to be small convergence in this area according to XC too?

Hmmm I can confirm sea mist! rolling in here in Hull so what effect thats going to have for my chances later on i'm unsure, gear ready ;) 

Posted

Wow that was quite some storm... extreme heavy rain & almost constant strikes. Best one I've seen in a long time!

Just arriving here in mansfield proper.....loving it! :)

Posted

Still quite a few encouraging signs here in the sky....swathes of Ac still pouring in from the S/SW - sea breeze here in Dymchurch is VERY warm. Trying to search for distant continental flashes earlier but alas a bit optimistic at this stage...pleased by the projected humid temps tomorrow of 25-30C...some of the best storms I've seen here have been in this temperature range....fingers crossed we can hope for a June 2011 event with mass destabilisation.

Again, fingers crossed!! As I say, signs in the sky are going the right way.

Edited by Harry