Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

In fact the latest radar does show fresh development just to the west of here! And that line in Wales is getting closer.

This is far from over folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

"This is far from over folks!" I AGREE..... Its cats and dogs here, Loads of thunder Posted Image Happy days !!!

Posted

In fact the latest radar does show fresh development just to the west of here! And that line in Wales is getting closer.

This is far from over folks!

This is where living in the internet age is so much fun, tracking developments on the radar, hearing reports from elsewhere etc :)

Bish

Posted

Here we go again...thunder and heavy rain.

Edit: Clearing already...not so dramatic that one. Just a breif pulse of heavy rain and only a bit grumbly. I think the showers will start to get less potent now. That lot over Wales seems to be dying back a bit as well. The energy seems to be transferring east across the country now. Expect some good reports this evening from over there. (Although they're already doing pretty well today!)

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

is it all over or do we have mor to come?

Posted

Its full on here.... Hail/Rain/Thunder/Lightning and even the winds have picked up, err a STORM that's what i'll call it Posted Image

Posted

I'll be popping out for a much-needed walk tonight, I expect to be crunching my way through a lot of snails!

Blimey even more thunder to our SW.

Bish

Incredible that! From nowhere...see the white/black pixelled area N Wton/Albrighton/Codsall area - truly mind boggling deluge..not kidding. A roads flooded, got caught in a back lane, not good! Had to do a u- turn...oh yeah CGs shotgun thunder and storm 4 lol..

Just as I thought game over. Shiftnal atm, dark cloud facing west? Again? Surely no :)

Posted

One of the best storms I witnessed while living in Willenhall was 23rd September 2010, that was a beast, woke my son up but he fell asleep again half way through. But that doesn't beat the storm of '95.

Posted

Wow we just had an absolute ZINGER of a storm here in Solihull - pretty much every box ticked!

I took a bunch of pics on my weedy mobile, but they don't even begin to do it justice to be honest.

One of the thunderclaps was so loud it set off all the alarms outside Posted Image

Bish

Posted

Wow we just had an absolute ZINGER of a storm here in Solihull - pretty much every box ticked!

I took a bunch of pics on my weedy mobile, but they don't even begin to do it justice to be honest.

One of the thunderclaps was so loud it set off all the alarms outside Posted Image

Bish

That was one of the best !!! Even when it left us i saw a flash and counted to seven and one of the biggest clap's of thunder ive heard in years, My house shook and yes alarms went off.

I mean that was seven miles away, Try to Imagine what it was like been underneath it Posted Image Maybe another one on its way, Just departed kidderminster.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Somewhere to my NE is currently enjoying a cracking storm, frequent thunder (every 10-20 seconds) has suddenly started up again in that direction.

Thank goodness I powered down my PC just prior to our storm an hour or so ago, no way was I going to have my hard disk frazzled twice in two months!!!

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

We haven't done badly at all in Hinckley. Torrential rain for a time and frequent enough thunder and lightning. It sounds as though there's one rumbling towards us now, too. We also had a bit of a cracker in Nuneaton when I was at work at around 4pm.

Is this expected to continue? I haven't managed to catch a forecast today.

Edited by LeeCovFox

Posted

That was one of the best !!! Even when it left us i saw a flash and counted to seven and one of the biggest clap's of thunder ive heard in years, My house shook and yes alarms went off.

I mean that was seven miles away, Try to Imagine what it was like been underneath it Posted Image Maybe another one on its way, Just departed kidderminster.

Yep, what a superb day, it has exceeded my expectations by about 500%

I think the Kidderminster storm might track slightly too far to our north, but we'll know soon enough :)

Bish

Posted

Wow, seems to be a good day for some!

I've been sat in Worcester with glorious sunshine with the tops of CBS poking out in a 30 mile radius. I blame the Malverns and Wales in general.

Edited by physicsboy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I think a storm passed Stoke around 3pm but typically I was out the area. Nothing since but my old hometown of solihull looks like it is getting battered!

Posted

I hope Midlands Ice Age managed to get off his golf course in time, I wouldn't want to be stuck out in those sort of conditions Posted Image

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan