Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

sounds intriguing triple, was it the kiddy to bridgnorth stretch, or going up telford way? certainly would've placed most of the action up in shropshire. still raining fairly heavily here, a few hours of rain ahead perhaps. enjoying this weather before i head off to budapest on sunday evening, where itll be just shy of 40 degrees next week. If you think i'm bragging, im not. I'm camping and dreading the thought of such intense heat!

Edited by azores92

Posted

First of all sorry about the quality as the last two were took of a social network site and the dark picture was when my battery was very low so i had no flash, you may have to turn the brightness up on your pc. Okay so a few pics from me, the ones with the redish sky are the early stages of the storm and CC was evident here. The strike was took by a friend. What i found interesting was on the dark picture there was some low cloud and this seemed to be roatating, not sure what this could of been though...post-15338-0-34999300-1375484005_thumb.jpost-15338-0-49444400-1375484029_thumb.jpost-15338-0-60825800-1375484061_thumb.jpost-15338-0-80485400-1375484073_thumb.jpost-15338-0-10341600-1375484087_thumb.j

Edited by Staffordshire

sounds intriguing triple, was it the kiddy to bridgnorth stretch, or going up telford way? certainly would've placed most of the action up in shropshire. still raining fairly heavily here, a few hours of rain ahead perhaps. enjoying this weather before i head off to budapest on sunday evening, where itll be just shy of 40 degrees next week. If you think i'm bragging, im not. I'm camping and dreading the thought of such intense heat!

A442 north of Bridgo..not far off Worfield? Looked black as black, hit the wall of precip, pure madness! as I got to the island near the town centre, then double backed..found a spot and just sat tight? At several points, literally! It was just a noise, bit like sitting in a tin can being peppered during a pea shooting compo :) Enjoy your jaunt, if near on 40C heat doesn't go sparky...nothing will! Should be fun, fresh air, singing, open fires, local fire water maybe.. Edited by triple_x1

Posted

I managed to put an effect on the dark photo so it is a bit clearer (make not this was around 9:15 and pitch black), so i wasnt sure why the cloud was so low and it seemed to be rotating but surley the conditions wernt right for a tornado?post-15338-0-13254900-1375487031_thumb.j

Posted

The clip is  the first signs of the convection & a shower just starting,

the next clip is the first Thunderstorm we had,next doors kids getting heir toys in as it starts to Thunder & rain.

i'l upload more tomorrow.

Shower & Convection Over Walsall West Midlands,2nd August 2013

First Thunderstorm Over Walsall,West Midlands,2nd August 2013

A few spots of rain now, but certainly not hail or thunder- why is it always down round Bridgnorth that gets it these days??

Direct hit today! Mass of rain, thunder and lightning all blown over from Hereford, Ludlow way. Either side, hardly a whimper.Big downpour, seems to be taking a more westerly track, typical that it isn't sparky though?

Posted

Heavy rain here. Haven't heard any thunder yet but wouldn't be surprised if we do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Ok, the ones earlier went virtually N-S then now, when they've formed further west over Wales, they're going W-E. Anything to avoid here eh?!

Posted

Just got back in from a night out in Birmingham. Don't know what I've missed but a belt of very heavy rain passed through the city earlier in the evening. No thunder or lightning observed there though.

Back in Gornal now and just a steady rain falling now. Notably colder as well.

Posted

heres some lightning i caught from two Thunderstorms i would skip to the 18min mark as the lightning got a little better i another video of the other storm which was moving from the south but i'll upload that later on today.

the crying is the neighbours two doors down he was scared of the Thunderstorms.

Lightning From Active Thunderstorms Walsall West Midlands,2nd August 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

The clip is  the first signs of the convection & a shower just starting,

the next clip is the first Thunderstorm we had,next doors kids getting heir toys in as it starts to Thunder & rain.

i'l upload more tomorrow.

Shower & Convection Over Walsall West Midlands,2nd August 2013

First Thunderstorm Over Walsall,West Midlands,2nd August 2013

wow, clouds round here never get that dark.

those clouds I seen in distance I guess were over west midlands.

Regarding today its much cooler air, its sunny but my room is at 23.1C 2 degrees lower than yesterday when cloudy.

To the west I am seeing what looks odd, like dark poofs of smoke moving fast and low, I guess very died out decayed storm clouds, they small so I describe them as poofs of smoke.  Above them to the west also is larger higher white clouds which are barely moving, above me is the usual blue sky.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Continue here...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77472-the-midlands-regional-discussion-3rd-august-2013/

..locking this one now Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel