Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A couple of fantastic forks a few minutes ago, just to the NE of me -- sort of Clent way. As good as I've seen all summer, those.

Posted

Yep article hare that's where I'm seeing it coming from :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gone all quiet again!!! But yes so far a couple of absolutely stunning lightning

Bolts - amongst the best I've seen!

Posted

A couple of fantastic forks a few minutes ago, just to the NE of me -- sort of Clent way. As good as I've seen all summer, those.

cant believe ive missed it, sucks :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Uttoxeter looks like its been hit by two intense cells. Lucky buggers. Everythings too far east now. Radar showing no promising signs for here now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

cant believe ive missed it, sucks :(

Oh you would have seen them - you must have been looking in the wrong direction lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Hammering down with rain here. No T&L for the moment, that's largely missed us apart from a few rumbles.

Posted

Oh you would have seen them - you must have been looking in the wrong direction lol.

half an eye on 8 out of 10 cats, our views arent the best tbf from the windas, a lot of trees in the garden!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

just had a huge downpoor here no tnl though.

Posted

Lightning detectors starting to go rather quiet. Thought we had something big brewing up there but nonetheless it was nice to have something a little closer.

Posted

Yep all gone quiet now. Thats probably it for the evening. Not fantastic but some bloody good lightning on show. Hardly rained though.

Posted

Amazing storm here around 8pm. Lightening, thunder, loads of hail, terrific winds, and a temp drop of some 7c. Garden veg badly shredded, and loads of leaves blown off hedges and trees. Pretty spectacular. Lasted about 90 seconds..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Seems to be some more quite intense rain/hail coming up from the Bristol channel area, although I do have doubts about how well it will keep its intensity. It's a little greedy of me, but would love to see another slamming of rain, just like what happened a few hours ago from a passing shower.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

What a night here, albeit never overhead i followed this on foot to a tall hill to get a good view point, i could see the lightening from a distance and it looked great, bet mark and PolarWarsaw had a great night! got some great pics ill put up later, never managed to get any of lightening i dont think as my camera ran out of charge but i have a strange pic of some lower than usual cloud that seemed to be rotating, maybe some more experienced people can diagnose this

Posted

As promised some photos from this evening. In a random order but some amazing cloudscapes and a double rainbow which lasted for a good hour in the same position...something I've never seen before. After the storm was the most amazing sunset. Superb stuff!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

As promised some photos from this evening. In a random order but some amazing cloudscapes and a double rainbow which lasted for a good hour in the same position...something I've never seen before. After the storm was the most amazing sunset. Superb stuff!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Could see a rainbow in the distant horizon from here. We had no rain though- that was probably a good 6 miles away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Coming down in buckets, here. Certainly been some exciting weather lately!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Those sunset photos, in particular, are fab. :) They have quite an immersive feeling about them that make you feel like part of the action.

Posted

Those sunset photos, in particular, are fab. Posted Image They have quite an immersive feeling about them that make you feel like part of the action.

Yes despite the lack of constant thunder and lightning...the fact the evening was so sunny and warm...followed by this big looming mass which went overhead made it quite special. I wish I had a proper camera for this times and a better view from the window. Before the homes opposite were built we could see over to Mow Cop which would have made for some impressive images tonight. Oh well :(

Just managed to dry out lol...it was impossible at one point to see out of the misted car windows during the height of the storm, main cell core I caught Bridgnorth way, just off the A442..absolutely hammering it was, several volleys of hail later and whilst rain quite heavy, worst had pushed over..stood outside admiring the lightning and deep booms of thunder. Amazing skies to the west too as the sun also decided to play, despite the ever darkening grey swirling mass in front, directly north...

Seemed to be a battle between sunny skies west and stormier north and east, both trying to muscle in.. a good mad hour or so, not counting the storm Mids way earlier today. Something I'd perhaps be more used to seeing in late May, perhaps early June, but a half decent show nonetheless :)

Repeat tomorrow? Who knows, although it still feels on the muggy side, potential must be there, possibly further north and east of the patch.