Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
Please use this thread for your regional weather chat 

Here's the old one:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77271-the-midlands-regional-discussion-16th-july-2013-onwards/

Ta!

Seem to be going between much brighter periods, to threatening looking bases? on and off pretty much all morning and into this afternoon.

Need showers and potential storms to initiate in a triangle Cardiff to Bristol and up to Worcester zone, or English Welsh borders...then migrate in a general NNE direction, increase in size and intensity as they do so.Please :)

May be a spot of hope casting lol..but it's happened many a time before in these kind of set ups, more general thundery rain clears to scattered, potent storms later. Ingredients are definitely there - but it'll be a brave call to say where and when exactly things kick-off and to what intensity, should things KO accordingly.

Patience may still pay off for those who've missed out or have been on the periphery - all part of the excitement isn't it lol! With a chance of more thundery rain later this week, it's all for the taking folks :)

Posted

Need showers and potential storms to initiate in a triangle Cardiff to Bristol and up to Worcester zone, or English Welsh borders...then migrate in a general NNE direction, increase in size and intensity as they do so.Please Posted Image

Can you arrange for that to happen, TX1? I'd be awfully grateful old chap Posted Image

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

It's all calm albeit muggy (still) here... we are due some more activity later on aren't we? *fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed*

Temp's rose a bit (on 24c), yet humidity is still around 99% (urgh!)

Can you arrange for that to happen, TX1? I'd be awfully grateful old chap Posted Image

Bish

Hopecast Central hehe...standing by with big magic wand, large pinch of good luck sparkly dust! Sow the seeds :)

Been up since stupid o'clock, few days off thankfully, hallucinations starting to kick in more lols..

For you Bish, anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

...or you can tune into live coverage from Hyde Park later, 62 gun salute! Turn the volume a bit?

Great bring back memories of last night/morning, KABOOOOOM Posted Image

Radar certainly quiet this end..I'll give until about 7 or 8 ish, any last min developments. 18C minimas are predicted again tonight, much drier and still warm to very warm feel tomorrow, nil Atlantic mush that can often proceed Summer type thundery spells. Yet...

Hoping for another heat spike, rinse and repeat, more for Cheshire!

Posted

25c here in glossop, ground has dried and is baking.... Bright blue skies and very strong sunshine.....winds still gusty though.... Should bode well for later.... More energy around.... Heres a hoping...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Right now I'd be feeling disappointed if I were in the east but lots of time yet.

Posted

WillinGlossop, Looking at http://www.sat24.com/it/gb Clearly see where you are,

Just boring old cloud here, Humid though ...23.8c... DP 20.2

Posted

What a miserable day it's been so far, very dull, very windy, no sunshine but on the warm side at 22.5c.

Posted

WillinGlossop, Looking at http://www.sat24.com/it/gb Clearly see where you are,

Just boring old cloud here, Humid though ...23.8c... DP 20.2

Clouds building up but its an oppressive 26c dew 19c going dark now too (especially to the north, west and south......just sat down been cleaning house with all doors and windows open, its really gusty, ie nice breeze but quite a warm one.... Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Starting to look quite interesting by the airport, some big AC appearing and v sticky too.sorry cant post pic on this phone, lots of those tiny blob clouds here also(soz forgot what they're called)

Posted

Been for a drive up towards b'ham airport and seen a couple of towers building (Oh yes cloud cleared now) nice blue skies atm in parts,

If you look on sat 24 and look at around East of the B'ham area, There they are..... http://www.sat24.com/it/gb

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Convection all around me passing north, sun is out and skies are looking dark. I wouldn't be surprised to see us breeding the storms yet again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Sun has been out on and off for a good 2 or 3 hours here now.

Convection all around me passing north, sun is out and skies are looking dark. I wouldn't be surprised to see us breeding the storms yet again.

Hope so, area of showers developing E Mids, Leic, S Notts..bit of a storm magnet here! Chances it'll drift NE and possibly develop.Bit far west for my liking, but still after this mornings action, beggars can't (always) be choosers.Sneaky feeling a few may well brew Chester, Oswestry area later on and skirt the N of our patch..

Posted

PolarWarsaw, That wouldn't surprise me, Same here (Convection) not loads though but you can see it, YES start them off down here and the north enjoy them booooo !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Cloudy here and nothing of real interest, but the temperature is on the way up quite noticeably: 26.0 °C and climbing right now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We are literally breeding the storms as we speak, it's so frustrating. Even 20-30 miles east could get something, even a few flashes.

Posted

Suddenly feels very oppressive here, temp is 24.5c with a DP of 25.1c

Zilch happening to our S or SW so far.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Thunderstorm brewing to my SW - lots of thunder

Posted

Was a bit gutted that I kept slipping in and out of sleep during the early hours when the first storm hit. However, up for work at 6 and arrived at 7 meaning I got the full show when the 2nd, 3rd and I think there was even a 4th one came over. They all seemed to join into one anyway!

Being a primary school teacher and it was the last day of the school year...it was just easier to let my class stare out of the window if they wanted to as they came in! Assembly at 9am was very well handled by our deputy head as the lightning flickered and thunder claps rattled above thee school hall. Have to say, our kids loved every minute....not one child out of the 460 appeared scared or worried by it. My class were loving it! Maybe it's something to do with their teacher....Posted Image

Are we done here for thundery weather now? (Until Thursday anyway)

Edited by Gord