Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Head on hit with the last downpour here, had white on radar. Winds got up and the rain was intense, visibility was down to metres.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cant believe whats been described of these storms :lol: We are so close but youd never know what was happening to the west and oop north of here.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Can still hear distant rumbles as the clouds and a sheet of rain can be seen to the west of here. So close!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The skies are a dark grey to my North but elsewhere a lovely summers evening. :lol: Hurry up and move East!

Posted

Hmm seems to be becoming a slightly larger group of rain now - could weaken overall activity. Lightning seems to be on the decrease a touch.

Posted

Showers behind the front rapidly decaying now over Wales. Hopefully the cold front provides extra forcing for a while yet but its moving painfully slow.

Posted

As expected, latest radar showing things starting to die off especially around Worcester now, where it matters most for us. Shame.

Posted

Cant believe how close things are yet nothing heard or seen yet. A little darker to my West but nothing amazing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

few lightning flashes and lots of thunder,

infact its overhead this one!

Edited by ihatetherain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A cell passed over head around 30 minutes ago. It seemed to have weakened in terms of electrical activity but still some good rumbles of thunder and the rain was just insane. I've seen storms in Texas and Florida but that rain was gushing along with a strong gust making it even more incredible. Got some footage to upload and photos later.

Posted

Honestly, If it wasnt for the radar, I would think you were all big liers! :lol:

So close yet still no dark clouds or anything!

Posted

Good grief what's happened since I've been away??? This thread has moved on about three pages since I last posted, and the radar suddenly looks amazing - I thought that was it for the day Posted Image

Having said that, not a sign of anything here......

Bish

Posted

TYPICAL! We look to be heading straight into the significantly weaker zone in Herefordshire and Worcestershire now. :(