A.J

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

That was better than nothing tbh! I enjoyed it, and don't see any point moaning about it!

Well, after all the hype and the expectations of great storms only to have them dashed AGAIN.......for T&L fans...it is a mammoth let down. It's a bitter disappointment and frankly it's enough to make a saint moan and swear. I know it cannot be helped and no one is to blame but its damn frustrating and seriously annoying.

Posted

Most important piece of advice I share with any fellow snorkelling enthusiast - wear something to cover your back! Too many sunburn experiences to count:( For me and my aspergers son it's a fantastic bonding experience and I really drill in the 'buddying' side for safety. He is fearless and dives down meters to explore all the fishies, and his love for them 6 years ago aged 7 so overwhelmed him he became vegetarian! Yep, your holiday is underway already I imagine - stay sober for the flight though!!!

Thanks for the tip Reef - have you tried Riemann P20 sun cream? Genuine once a day stuff - waterproof, almost, and bonds to the skin, a bit chemical when applying but very effective. Would be great for water activities and we've used it on our 3 children for years, at least on our overseas trips - less so on our trips to North Pembrokeshire!I'm driving when we get there so had a couple of glasses earlier but have now stopped and am being fuelled purely by excitement despite being 48 in 2 hours time. One day I will come close to growing up, but not yet please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Have a great trip Reef, I have invested in 5 sets of snorkelling gear and we are going to give it a go on our Greek island as we have hired a boat for 3 days, but with your forum name I suspect you are going to do some more serious stuff?!I really should sign off to prepare for the 3am alarm but am in serious holiday mode!AS

Have a great holiday x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

heavy rain here, not particularly interesting

Posted

Have a lovely holiday AS and Happy Birthday for tomorrow :)

Edited by snow raven

Posted

Happy holiday Martyn and have a fab birthday tomorrow

Thank you Jan, that's very kind of you, I'll miss reading the posts whilst away and will certainly enjoy catching up when I'm backAS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well if no one has any lightning vids at least we might be able to post some snail kicking vids, or even snail golfing :rofl:

Snails as small and insignificant as they may seem have their place on earth just like we do and just like us don't deserve to be harmed for amusement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just arrived at Waterloo, on a night shift at Broadcasting House, and the rain's turned heavier again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

OK, not SE/EA weather-related, so I'm liable to get the cane, but.......I've now survived five days as a member on here. So would just like to say thanks to you all. I felt welcome immediately.

I've always enjoyed reading the model thread.....but it can get a bit aggro in there, can't it? So my posts in there, I think, will be fairly few and far between. Convective/storms is OK, but this one is the best, I have to say. Feel at home in here already.

Going forward, if I tease/rib anyone.....it's 100% in jest, I promise. I am as un-nasty and unconfrontational as you can imagine. I scare no-one, believe me!

Thanks, weather fans. Posted Image

Posted

OK, not SE/EA weather-related, so I'm liable to get the cane, but.......I've now survived five days as a member on here. So would just like to say thanks to you all. I felt welcome immediately.

I've always enjoyed reading the model thread.....but it can get a bit aggro in there, can't it? So my posts in there, I think, will be fairly few and far between. Convective/storms is OK, but this one is the best, I have to say. Feel at home in here already.

Going forward, if I tease/rib anyone.....it's 100% in jest, I promise. I am as un-nasty and unconfrontational as you can imagine. I scare no-one, believe me!

Hello AITS, it already feels like you've always been here; so far as I am concerned you are very welcome!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Snails as small and insignificant as they may seem have their place on earth just like we do and just like us don't deserve to be harmed for amusement.

Sorry but they have already gone into orbit, and not for amusement. Now my garden is clear, and if they were so insignificant why are there products available to destroy them?

Edit to add: I never killed them, I relocated them.

Edited by Wet'n'Dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think for us in the north of the region I think we have one shot left, there is am line of torrential rain following the main band heading NNE, it will hit us, just whether it could spark up enough to at least bring a brief thunderstorm. Raintoday shows the main band decaying as the energy splits to the west and East, Belgium is yet again being battered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thank you Jan, that's very kind of you, I'll miss reading the posts whilst away and will certainly enjoy catching up when I'm back

AS

All the very best Martyn and have a great holiday.

Well perhaps, Brontophiles 1 Brontophobes 0.

A lot of flashy possession with the radar but you didnt do much with it, did you. In football terms we were played off the park but restricted you to 1 flash, ok there were a few more than that but really you squandered home advantage, big time.

Once we've completed a couple of signings and with our home advantage next week, hopefully we can turn that deficit around.

All joking aside, when I saw that stuff coming out of Cherbourg at around 5/5.30, thought we were going to go under. I was at work and for once didnt have much access to the internet and radar returns. Wierd how quite a few of us reported our first rumbles of thunder around 7.50/55, even though we were in quite different locations.

So, now my B.P has recovered, feel relieved, probably as much as some of you feel disappointed. Put this way, looking at those radar returns, if I were a thunder fan, I would feel a bit cheated.

Main thing is we're all safe and here to talk about it! 

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I think for us in the north of the region I think we have one shot left, there is am line of torrential rain following the main band heading NNE, it will hit us, just whether it could spark up enough to at least bring a brief thunderstorm. Raintoday shows the main band decaying as the energy splits to the west and East, Belgium is yet again being battered.

This has to be the most pointless county in England.

Posted

Hello AITS, it already feels like you've always been here; so far as I am concerned you are very welcome!AS

Thanks AS. Enjoy your hols! (Though, didn't I say that earlier?!)

Posted

You are very welcome Lee. Think I speak for most when I say this is the friendliest thread on NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Sorry, that really tickled me, NS. Posted Image

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

I felt abit 'cheated' being only treated to maybe three flashes and a couple of rumbles...had to put on ACDC 'thunder' to finish the last bit of landscaping in my garden in time for the rain. Glad that came though, tired of lumbering silly 'o clock watering cans around to keep all the newly planted area alive! - now I have visions of the snail brigade eating the lot over night! Apols for the off-topic.

Posted

Thanks AS. Enjoy your hols! (Though, didn't I say that earlier?!)

Maybe you did, but repetition is fine as long as it's about something good. And if it's about something good then don't feel shy about repeating it. Or, at the very least, saying it again!And on that note, I am definitely away (definitely away)AS

Posted

It's one of my faves though. If it wasn't for the destruction of 'dramatic' weather there over the last 20 years or so, I'd happily relocate there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Feel like adington just got knocked out a penalty shoot out

The skills were there on paper

But the night never delivered

The thing is I promised my son the mother of all storms.

He is 2 and a half and he just looked at me and said

It's not that scary dad lol lol

Posted

You are very welcome Lee. Think I speak for most when I say this is the friendliest thread on NW

Certainly seems to be, from my investigations!

And who said us Southerners were unfriendly?!