Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

yesterday was decent no sun at all in afternoon so no temp surge in afternoon.

sadly today the sun is back but met is predicting 80% chance of rain after 4pm. so will see.  This morning temps were almost 2C higher than yesterday tho indicating warmer air has moved in.

I got the trial upgrade now as well so access to extra netweather data.

The radar seems to be confirming what I see out my window, constant cloud (and rain) on west side of country especially wales.   Looks closish to leicester but missing, seems I am most days just a bit too far east of the path of these clouds.

But I can see now its about to get darker, as the cloud is moving east not north this time.

Posted

Very heavy rain here now, 10,7mm so far today and the radar looks promising for some good totals by the end of the day.

derby not too far from leics yet you seem to have polar opoosite weather to me consistently, bizarre.

yeah the radar shows what I been frustrated with cloud moving up same part of the country every day and seems to be just a bit too west, hitting birmingham, scraping nottingham, covering derby leics in the clear.

that cloud started moving north now so wont reach me but looks frustratingly close.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

yesterday was decent no sun at all in afternoon so no temp surge in afternoon.

sadly today the sun is back but met is predicting 80% chance of rain after 4pm. so will see.  This morning temps were almost 2C higher than yesterday tho indicating warmer air has moved in.

I got the trial upgrade now as well so access to extra netweather data.

The radar seems to be confirming what I see out my window, constant cloud (and rain) on west side of country especially wales.   Looks closish to leicester but missing, seems I am most days just a bit too far east of the path of these clouds.

But I can see now its about to get darker, as the cloud is moving east not north this time.

Most depressing post of the day.

• Like 2

Posted

you know why the same areas keep getting the cloud and rain? wales looks like its constant rain all week. spreading to west midlands.  But then seems to be a dry streak up east of there.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

derby not too far from leics yet you seem to have polar opoosite weather to me consistently, bizarre.

yeah the radar shows what I been frustrated with cloud moving up same part of the country every day and seems to be just a bit too west, hitting birmingham, scraping nottingham, covering derby leics in the clear.

that cloud started moving north now so wont reach me but looks frustratingly close.

Im nowhere near leics, Derby will be around 15/17miles away to my S/W, Im up in the Pennines we do tend to have our own climate most of the time, especially during Winter months..

16.8mm so far today here, with heavy persistent showers, at 13.33pm it was raining at a rate of 44.7mm p/h

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

check rainfall accumulation 3 hour graph wow.

Basically nearly all of the uk has had rain in last 3 hours except for a oval shape around leicester.  So it seems my area is under a hole in a cloud covering the country.

sorry man I read derbyshire peak and thought derby.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Still bucketing down here in Malvern. Also caught sight of some lightning strikes on the radar, in the Bristol channel area, reaching up as far as Glos. Not that far from here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yeah some sferics this afternoon but they look to track East of here along with the squall line. :(

Posted

It's been torrenting it down here for the past couple of hours, strange to think we actually saw some nice sunshine around midday.

Bish

Posted

We're right on the trailing edge of it, rain's slowing down, it's lighter than it's been all day. Amazing view out to the west, lots of low cloud ground-hugging in the distance, whilst the murk has gone from us.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

A rather miserable and wet 24 hours, hopefully just coming to an end in the next hour or so. The rain has just stuck to us like glue, barely moving from one hour to the next. Had close to 50m rain. Still, if the next 4 days are nice and dry, it will be a price worth paying,and the garden will have been nicely watered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Hello all.

I'm normally lurking in the south-eastern thread, but I thought I'd put this in here as well, seeing as it's from Shropshire.

Apologies if people have already seen it, but this is a fairly impressive weather photo:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-weather--lightning-rainbow-iphone-thunderstorm-lucky-wellington-shropshire-105713089.html#KS1qElQ

• Like 3

Posted

Unfortunately despite everything pointing at a nice warm day with long sunny spells it's been overcast thus far here and distinctly autumnal at 17c.

Posted

Long sunny spells were never forecast and an infill of cloud always likely.

Posted

Yes, a lovely day here today. Good amounts of sunshine. Quite a bit of cloud at times but actually not too troublesome.

Posted

Almost overcast skies here all morning, you can see on the satellite how stubborn it is but sun breaking through slowly now, feeling a little warmer than yesterday, 19.2c at the mo.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Long sunny spells all day so far after a little early cloud. Still plenty of cloud now but the sunshine keeps shining. :)

Posted

Lovely sunny afternoon but some cumulus forming to the north are looking slightly threatening. Might see a drop of rain out of them later.

Posted

Some nice towers going up now, 20.5c at the mo though feeling warmer with the light winds.