Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible Storm This Weekend Discussion

Skullzrulerz

Posted

I'm not too far away from you mate but I've had no Thunder/Lightning & certainly no power cut, all very benign here at the moment.

Its still lightening no thunder now. Power went off for about two mins lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Winds touching near 90MPH and not even an amber warning for South Wales? Someone please explain...........

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Winds touching near 90MPH and not even an amber warning for South Wales? Someone please explain...........

Careful how you word that mate it will not go down with some peeps on here lol Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Coastal or not, near 90mph gusts are deserving of an orange warning. The potential for that sort of gust has been clear to see for days.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

A lot of displays will be getting cancelled tonight if councils have any sense where the wind is strong

I think you are right there. Although some will still take no notice, I hope people use common sense, besides who wants to see their granny chased across the lawn with a display rocket .Posted Image Sorry my imagination sometimes....

• Like 1

Posted

bloody hell this is ridiculous, getting reports of all major roads affected and side roads impassable due to fallen trees and debris ..I'm sure South Wales will be headline news tomorrow ...#underwarned

It has to a amber warning now hearing lots of trees failing down in wales and some power cuts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Posted

A sign of things to come maybe later on this evening......

maybe but maybe not i like a good storm but not the thunder n ligjtening

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Not bad at all here so far. Peak gust 46 mph a rare event this autumn to hear the wind down the chimney.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I haven't read any warnings that would do justice to the exceptional situation unfolding over parts of the country at present. Bemused.

If you see my previous posts Liam that's exactly what I was saying - seems like Wales doesn't warrant an upgrade after all they can cope with falling trees, power cuts and hurricane forced winds - all in a day to them isn't it?  (I think not)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Amber warning for Wales issued on my website. 5000 people without power in West Wales.

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 5

Posted

Anyone been in touch with the met office or the media to wake the blighters up to the obvious?

Amber warning for Wales issued on my website. 5000 people without power in West Wales.

Oh good, I'm sure they'll be able to log into their computers to ch............oh wait! *facepalm*

^Beat me to it! 89mph at Mumbles! Yes our houses are shaking! My fence looks like a wavelength with the wind blowing against it!

Got a video of it uphere, but trying in vain to get it down to a manageable size.

The warnings for this weekend are disproportionate to those last weekend. Or perhaps more accurately in the Met Office defence I should say the media response to it is very different.

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted

Well anyone attempting to set fire works off in this need their head testing. Can already hear some going off.

• Like 6

Posted

Anyone been in touch with the met office or the media to wake the blighters up to the obvious?Oh good, I'm sure they'll be able to log into their computers to ch............oh wait! *facepalm*

The Meto are probably having there Halloween party tonight, there Halloween trick is not doing there job properly tonight.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

If you see my previous posts Liam that's exactly what I was saying - seems like Wales doesn't warrant an upgrade after all they can cope with falling trees, power cuts and hurricane forced winds - all in a day to them isn't it?  (I think not)

I just thought i'd mention,  there probably should have been a flash amber warning put in place for South Wales, they may concede to have making a mistake, the point i was trying to make is that there's no bias, especially when lives are at risk. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Got a video of it uphere, but trying in vain to get it down to a manageable size.

The warnings for this weekend are disproportionate to those last weekend. Or perhaps more accurately in the Met Office defence I should say the media response to it is very different.

About time.

I issued it last night http://cymruweather.webs.com/warnings

I think the Met issued the yellow warning last night but because of a technical difficulty it wasnt shown until this morning.

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

So the local fireworks event has cancelled a organised lantern parade through the park (due to the risk of falling tree's), but are still happy to put on the fireworks despite the forecast winds breaching H&S laws governing such events. makes sense...

Posted

Orange warnings out 2-3 days before the St Judes storm struck with warnings of 80mph gusts. 89mph gusts in S Wales and the warnings go up on the day of the event and are of yellow status. Not into Metoffice bashing in the slightest as they do a grand job but I'd like to hear their justification on this one. Homes already without power and a myriad of tree uprooting incidents.

• Like 8