Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 14/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Uniformly grey skies more or less the whole long weekend here in Sandbanks, even the sea has that greyish-blueish colour about it. I know I am not the only one who is expecting it to be cold immediately I walk out the door, hit the beach all dressed up for the Arctic condition, and am sweltering within minutes. Ah well, give it a day or two and who's the appropriately attired one then, eh, eh??!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Like me then. Still there's something exciting about all the time spent trying to unfreeze the door locks, de-icing the car windows in the pitch black, getting it toasty warm inside and then battling the icy back-roads as the various electronic control systems wrestle you from sliding rear end first down the tarmac, then plummeting down a white covered grass embankment into a freezing cold ditch.....

Posted Image

err yeah, or is that no?

Posted

err yeah, or is that no?

Mostly no when just trying to get the daily grind of a Winter journey into work done :(  Still after some work at the weekend, I think I'm geared up for the coming season now:

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Mostly no when just trying to get the daily grind of a Winter journey into work done Posted Image  Still after some work at the weekend, I think I'm geared up for the coming season now:

Posted Image

might need that on my Ka

Posted

Just noticed the MAD thread has gone total and a new one is being spawned instead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

post-11316-0-19483900-1384787768_thumb.jWill i be seeing something like this on my way to work in the coming weeks?

Just been in the mad thread and dont worry none of that will happen as winter is already over...did you miss it?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

I cleaned out my deep fat fryer this morning, you know full of black charred burnt to a cinder chips, you could of had that Posted Image

That's nothing to what I've come across in the oil from some take away places belive me

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image402564_10150538882488131_506423130_9122941_1848503117_n.jpgWill i be seeing something like this on my way to work in the coming weeks?

Just been in the mad thread and dont worry none of that will happen as winter is already over...did you miss it?

Pfftt...

Dodge them most mornings on the way to work, it is the school run eejits on the way home in the afternoon that are a bigger menace!

• Like 1

Posted

Been following chat on here and on Model threads about impending cold weather.  The foprecast on Netweather has daytime maximums at 7c for my area (Chelmsford), seems a bit chilly but not quite "Cold snap"??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

CFS update, yesterdays didn't exist for some reason

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chance of a white Christmas for some off here Posted Image

Posted Image

High pressure in command from here onwards

Precipitation - (-2) - Few light wintry showers Christmas eve into the big day, dry from there onwards.

Temperature - (-1) - Cold but turning slightly milder, but still with night frosts

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

12Z keeps the snow in place for +60

Posted Image

Posted Image

We should see something falling although it probably won't hang around.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm frozen, I've had to put the heating on. It was 15c in the living room and that's too cold for me. Was hoping to keep it off daytime 'till the 6" of snow descends on Sydenham this week Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Had a look through the model discussion thread, which is set up to not follow human nature of straying off the subject into the realms of what might actually happen (heaven forbid) , and then having a big argument about it ....

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Afternoon all! 

Frankly, I feel like anything could happen this week weather-wise I think, so I'm just going to wait and see what transpires...... :D

Sledge isn 't out of the loft yet, but that's more of a personal superstition, that if I take it out, it won't happen. :(

Been mizzly-Drizzly here all day, not especially cold, just, well. Dank.....

How's everyones' Monday been?

• Like 3

Posted

Now Jo what are you doing lurking in our regional go sort em out in the MOD thread before their toys get thrown in here!

Edit to correct spelling mistake was tidier than using red pen

Edited by Jules71
  • Like 3

Posted

Lol, I need to do it in short bursts! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just a quick thanks to members that have sent me pms and posts entering the Snow Depth Cup competition this year.

If any of you havnt entered yet and would like to, just drop a post in here or pm me. Will decide with Chris (Mantle) when the deadline will be for entering, probably this coming weekend at some point, Chris is kindly putting together a spreadsheet for me, just as well, we already have dead on 100 possible entries, some of those are made up of members who were in the competition last year but may not have been online recently to notice that I've started taking entries for this Winters competition.

You'll find a list of members that have entered in a couple of posts I made earlier today. Have split the entries into 2 groups, those members north of the Thames and those south of the Thames.

North Thames list - Post 503 @ 9.03 a.m. South Thames list - Post 507 @ 9.16 a.m.

Once the amount of entries are known, will probably split the North Thames list alphabetically, into 2 groups and the same for the South Thames list.

Hopefully we'll have a few snow events to make this group stage interesting, with any depths from individual snowfalls being added together to give you a final total, by the end of January say. Could well be that we have a situation with quite a few members having the same final total, have thought of a tie-breaker situation, which I have mentioned to Chris already, more on that later. The member with the most accumulated snow depths, in each of the 4 groups will then proceed into a knockout phase, into the latter part of the Winter, something like this, perhaps :

Semi-Final 1. North Thames (Group 1) Winner v South Thames (Group 2) Winner.

Semi-Final 2. South Thames (Group 1) Winner v North Thames (Group 2) Winner.

Grand Final - Winner Semi-Final 1 v Winner Semi-Final 2. (Which will decide the overall winner for the SE Region.)

Just need the weather gods to smile on us now! Posted Image 

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 3

Posted

Chuck me in there as well, I'm in Corringham, Essex :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I want in!

I was in last year!

Gillingham, kent.

Chuck me in there as well, I'm in Corringham, Essex Posted Image

Have just put both of you in the lists, thanks.

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Had a look through the model discussion thread, which is set up to not follow human nature of straying off the subject into the realms of what might actually happen (heaven forbid) , and then having a big argument about it ....

Eh eh eh calm down calm down. :-) Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 1