Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Westbury and Warminster areas look hmmm. interesting according to latest radar grabs, I do wonder?

Lights flickering madly here too now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I hope it doesn't literally hit you Posted Image , but I would say another half an hour for me yet. Posted Image

Can't you wait until January? But yes, no you do have a sneaky chance of a flake or two later tomorrow. Posted Image

While I see even a glimmer of a snow chance I shall keep banging that drum Posted Image Posted Image

In all honesty though I could see this being a white Christmas in terms of falling snow and not just to highest levels if you get a decent shower..

General 5 day forecast although for xmas it gives snow showers not sleet when you look into it.

post-8911-0-00138800-1387845665_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted
Really is extreme over there... Doesn't look like any trains will be running anytime soon!!

Seriously though, stay safe... And if it's you taking these pictures, please don't take any unnecessary risks!

Posted

Rain stopped about half an hour ago and the wind has finally started to ease a bit - no longer booming incessantly in the chimney

Edit - just looked at the radar and there is a small clear patch passing through - more rain following in after. Deep joy!

Thoughts with all those suffering damage and hope it doesn't ruin Xmas.Can only start to think what it must be like for those affected by the casualties further North, heart and prayers go out.

Edited by egret
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Not out taking pictures, these are from Isle of Wight Breaking News.

Conditions here are getting extreme to say the least, the last 30 mins the gusts have really ramped up and getting severe

Will stay safe as with many other islanders we all pull together in situations like this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy storms and lots of snow!

Hi Guys,

The wind has literally just dropped, one minute it's banging on the windows and ripping through the bt lines and now pretty quiet, some big gusts but nothing like what it was...

The lights have been going on and off, not helpful when preparing for xmas! No Squal line here, looks like it has gone a good deal North, for which I am pleased about, as everything is very flooded here with trees down, the next problem looks to be off of Cornwall atm....Any Thoughts?

Does anyone know how often the wind gusts update on the V6 radar? I assume it does not update like the rain fall does?

• Like 1

Posted

Yuck - I have a coal fire burning and the living room smells of smoke now.  Obviously a lot of wind coming down the flipping chimney Posted Image   Not nice at all.

Posted

It is absolutely horrendous in Southampton, I must say ourselves and the IOW are bearing the brunt of this at the moment. I have no idea how I still have power, as the street lights are still out and it's dark in the distance...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

In all honesty, I can't remember the last time winds of this strength hit here apart from 1987 and 1990? It has been insane! floods and damage all over the place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Indoor light show going on here

Lights on

Lights off

Lights on

Lights off

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Indoor light show going on here

Lights on

Lights off

Lights on

Lights off

Posted Image

Yep, squall incoming over the next 20 to 30 minutes or so and then an improvement of sorts. Take care.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Another huge squall line forming off the Lizard, now. Looks like south Devon and eastern Dorset are gonna keep the party going a little longer....

• Like 1

Posted

Back edge of main band clearing through the East of our region during the next hour or so. Even then, the odd squall is still possible, but hopefully a general improvement will follow. One more hour of action for those East of Swindon and say East Dorset Eastwards and then things will slowly get calmer.

Posted

Does this mean no drama for us and I can go to bed now, GTLTW? (please say yes, please say yes) Posted Image   I am tired, got a thousand things to do tomorrow and need my beauty sleep Posted Image   ...But  on the other hand, I don't want to miss anything!

Posted

Calmed down markedly here in the last 15 mins, just some gentle rain against the windows. Stay safe all.

Posted

Does this mean no drama for us and I can go to bed now, GTLTW? (please say yes, please say yes) Posted Image   I am tired, got a thousand things to do tomorrow and need my beauty sleep Posted Image   ...But  on the other hand, I don't want to miss anything!

All calm will return within the next hour but the next few moments could be fun for our West Berkshire residents before the party risk transfers slowly Eastwards. IOW getting hit right now too I imagine.

• Like 1

Posted

All calm will return within the next hour but the next few moments could be fun for our West Berkshire residents before the party risk transfers slowly Eastwards. IOW getting hit right now too I imagine.

Is it over Newbury yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Looks like the squall line is missing me - it appears to be heading about 5 miles to my east. Thanks God: I can go to bed now.

Take care everyone.

PS: Pressure now 963.2MB

Posted

One more update courtesy of BBC online.

George, in Andover, Hampshire emails: Persistent rain for the last 24 hrs and more recently strong winds have lead to many trees being uprooted and much debris on roads. Be safe.

0106: Colin, in Hook, Hampshire emails: Positive note to the storm, the team and I our out all night working on the downed power lines. Lots of overtime with Christmas around the corner. It's going to be a long, wet night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Indeed I'm in Portsmouth it's really kicking in very very gusty I the walls are creaking major storm.
  • Like 1

Posted

Is it over Newbury yet?

Holy poo, that was a good gust. No, definitely still in progress. Posted Image

post-7183-0-92138200-1387847508_thumb.pn

Happy Christmas Eve all, enjoy it if you can. I'm off to bed shortly.

• Like 1

Posted

Indeed I'm in Portsmouth it's really kicking in very very gusty I the walls are creaking major storm.

Yep over in gosport rain battering the windows, wind constant