Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion 16/12/2013 >

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

It is most certainly not. However, no need for anything that might come across as such given things are shall we say, a little delicate right now.

It's funny, as exactly the same thing happens in France (where Mrs SS is from). The northerners make fun of the southerners and vice versa. The 'provincials' moan about the Parisians...

Anyway, if folks want the main broadcasters to focus on news and weather relevant to Scotland, then everyone living here, irrespective of whether they've red hair, freckles and a taste for haggis, gets a choice on that next year.

Nuff said.

And back to the weather...

Pre-hoolie now. Can fair hear it blawin.

Do you really believe it will changeT.V broadcasts...? I'm not convinced in the slightest there will be enough news for a Reporting Scotland/STV News 24 channel! Posted Image Anyway, I'm not going to drag this even more off topic - plenty of places for discussing independence which I'm not getting involved in for another few months yet Posted Image

And on that, lets bring discussing this Scotland Vs. England debate/banter/slagging/moaning to an end please and get back to the weather Posted Image

6.3c here...

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1

Posted

i must be a bit thick skinned

i'm just grateful for the info on here Posted Image

wind seems to have started a bit out there ,starting to hear a few gusts ,

958 mb from just outside of stornoway

just making my merry christmas phone calls phone was off over a week last time 

Edited by milkmaid
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Nice GIF of this week as seen by the GFS from Dr. Maue.

Posted Image

Also check this buoy reading... pressure dropping off a cliff. http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=64045

post-7292-0-74682900-1387827567_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

I think 959mb is the lowest I've recorded here in the last few years, which was Jan 2012.

you are going to beat that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Had an awful drive through the pass on the A9 this afternoon - took hours! (And this is when the snow gates were open!)

Hope if anyone is travelling tonight or tomorrow you stay safe and give yourself plenty of time.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Had an awful drive through the pass on the A9 this afternoon - took hours! (And this is when the snow gates were open!)

Hope if anyone is travelling tonight or tomorrow you stay safe and give yourself plenty of time.

Eh, just leaving Glasgow for Inverness now! Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

That is really strange - the temperature has gone from 2.8C at 19.00 to 6.6C currently at 19.52 (+3.6C/hr)!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Eh, just leaving Glasgow for Inverness now! Posted Image

Best of luck mate. Had a few beers now so the earlier offer is cancelled.

I'm jealous though. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Do you really believe it will changeT.V broadcasts...? I'm not convinced in the slightest there will be enough news for a Reporting Scotland/STV News 24 channel!

I watch Al-Jazeera (Qatar, pop 2 million) or Russia Today for 24 hr news if I want it. Far better quality and less Fox style as per sky. Better insight into the middle east etc certainly compared to the BBC et al.

Wouldn't be 'Reporting Scotland'. Would be 'News at Six'. No need to append 'Scotland' (regional indicator) anywhere; that would go without saying.Posted Image 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Anyone got a rough time frame when worst is hitting

for you in Ayrshire prob be when you are getting up tomorrow and lasting till early evening till it will start calming down but that could change slightly depending on how the low pressure acts.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like a lively day tomorrow. I will probably turn of my motion sensor alarm on my motorbike so I don't drive the neighbours mad. Hoping to meet a family friend who is up from London tomorrow. Just after summer she broke her ankle and just got out of plaster at the start of December then promptly broke her other ankle!Posted Image

Looking forward to the Arsenal v Chelsea game and despite all the bad weather the pitch looks like a bowling green!

Tonight we have an odd combination of The Hives & Cyndi Lauper 'A Christmas Dual'.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Posted

Just been looking at the rain radar for uk. That is some amount of rain steaming into South West England and Wales, and at some speed.

Bit of drizzle and light breeze here at present.

This could be long night !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Nice link, you can also see on Eumetsat Water Vapour imagery the system ingesting the cold air.

post-7292-0-48795400-1387830183_thumb.pn

Now at 938mb on latest surface chart.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

BECAUSE I WAS BORN IN ENGLAND OF ENGLISH PARENTS

I am right  behind you BMW, born in England, English mother, Scottish father. I too am rather disappointed. We really do have an exceptional thread here and I would hate for it to be the cause of bad feeling anywhere on Netweather. We are allowed quite a lot of freedom on here (even when we wander off topic sometimesPosted Image ) which is because of our general good behaviour. So come on people, lighten up, IT' S ONLY THE WEATHER!  Just say to yourself - devil, get behind me! I did that once when I was younger to try and stop myself from buying a new dress that I really didn't need. Mind you, he wasn't much help when I asked him to get behind me as he just said it was awfy braw at the back!Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

its looking good with the centre winding up (arrow) I think the main bit for us to watch is the bit to the west (circle) which will swing round the low and might be where our strongest winds comes from

post-18233-0-10632600-1387830643_thumb.g

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I was born in Scotland of Spanish/Irish parents  Posted Image

Ola!Posted Image

• Like 2