Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Saying that lol its just got windy and started raining and feeling colder out there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

it's 10C here at the moment with sunshine.

No real idea what will happen in the forthcoming period, other than cold weather a good bet... snow for the region to low levels? good chance as it stands.

I haven't witnessed a 50/50 situation for a long time.. and this really is a 50/50 situ.

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like a nasty band of showers moving south currently.

Looking at next week, as it's been so mild this year so far, would imagine the convective potential off the North Sea could be good, but I don't think the air will be quite cold enough for widespread snow. 4C forecast at the moment into next week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Morning all

quick look through the charts at it seems the NW is still game on for its first low level snow of the

winter,word of caution dont go in the MAD Thread,a bit of wrist slashing in there as the GFS and ECM

Have down graded slighty for down south,far to much IMBY Going on in there. 

so folks it starts tomorrow after the rain band pushes throught followed by sleet/snow showers

as cold air starts to approach

and FWIW I have never known the UKMO to be wrong at such short notice

enjoy folks its been a long time coming and now its nearly here 

C.S

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Looks like a nasty band of showers moving south currently.Looking at next week, as it's been so mild this year so far, would imagine the convective potential off the North Sea could be good, but I don't think the air will be quite cold enough for widespread snow. 4C forecast at the moment into next week?

Rain only I'm afraid, temperatures are just to warm unless your much further north ie. the Arctic or currently say at 2000ft ASL.For the rest of us, cold rain although your right in that there seems to be plenty of life in them.We need tomorrow's storm to pass through before hopefully something in the way of decent cold starts to show itself then it could just possibly be game on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Morning all quick look through the charts at it seems the NW is still game on for its first low level snow of thewinter,word of caution dont go in the MAD Thread,a bit of wrist slashing in there as the GFS and ECMHave down graded slighty for down south,far to much IMBY Going on in there. so folks it starts tomorrow after the rain band pushes throught followed by sleet/snow showersas cold air starts to approachand FWIW I have never known the UKMO to be wrong at such short noticeenjoy folks its been a long time coming and now its nearly here  C.S

Apologies CS you beat me to it and your right about the model thread, fickle lot in there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Interestingly, just got a Foehn wind before the showers came in.. reached 12.5C for a short time and humidity was down at 38% it's now up to 63% in less than 20 minutes.. fascinating. It's now 10.5C and falling but humidity continues to rise. Textbook Foehn.. if only for 30 minutes! Now that's what I call interesting weather!

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Really windy and throwing it down

Posted

Getting a bit blowy here now but still dry and although cloudy, fairly bright.

7.5c so, although feeling chilly in the wind is hardly in the cold category.

Posted

Met office weather warnings out now too.....

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the warning for snow is set further north with the larger more southerly one being for ice but warnings are being shown so at least the potential is there and irrespective of whether Sunday is wet or white, the route to colder conditions should follow this storm.Rain's just started here now and it's windier than it's been for several days.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Awful weather here !!!!! Torrential rain, winds and very dark !!!!!! Its horrible !!!!!!!! Now it hailstoning too

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

No hail here yet but lots of sferics around. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just looked out its very dark out west....sunshine here atm

Its on its way to you !!Sleeting here now

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Awful weather here !!!!! Torrential rain, winds and very dark !!!!!! Its horrible !!!!!!!! Now it hailstoning too

Nah its an exciting squall line chance of thunder too! Enjoy 

• Like 1

Posted

The heavy rain showers ganging up in the Irish Sea are about to introduce themselves to the North West, winds starting to pick up.  Luckily I've done my outdoor errands.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Surely somebody has got thunder. Loads of sferics around. Wow big one then.