Pollen
IGNORED

06 July 2k4

Tim B

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

A flash of lightning,ominous looking sky to to my south/west and probably the slowest moving cloud/storm or whatever it will produce :shock: i have seen it has literally been there an eternity it seems but coming this way :)

Well hardly a storm :roll: but first bit of lightning in this neck of the woods for a fair while.(added 23.40pm).

Posted

At 23:30 the lights flickered and a distant rumble was heard, turned off comp and lights as fast as I could.

Storm was to the East, and approaching slowly, 2 "centres" of activity, one to the Left around 20 miles away, and one to the right at 5 miles away.

both centres died before passing over, just leaving drizzle and low cloud.

Well over 12 strikes were seen, and the nearest Lightning hit was 2 miles away near Chapel-en-le-Frith.

Posted

A bit late now although I posted in a similar thread in the storms and extreme weather section but there was a heavy thunderstorm with hail here about half 5/6 pm

Posted

sorry for late post but I was playing golf yesturday evening. Anyway, my g'friend told me that we had a strom at roughly 7pm last night with several strikes and loud thunder. Gutted i missed it. However not working the rest of the week so looking forward to the next day or two . :)

Archived