Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I hope we get snow but I hope it doesn't stop me from getting my flight to morzine in the beginning of feb

Mmmm could be interesting for you, are you off skiing ?

Just gone through todays thread and what a lovely read, lump in the throat time  Posted Image

Edited by shotski

Posted

Ty for the link ChrisLooks fab but my little man wouldn't be able to do much maybe after march . ( look at my profile for YouTube vid of why he can't do much yet ) dont want to put it all in here or else I will blubber also take up god knows how many pages . Back to snow machine it is then unless jp says snow is comingLol

Wow thanks for sharing, i had to google the file name but found it ok. Really pleased all is working out and the boy has taste 'Come on Chels'
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

i have a feeling that someone in MK (mention no names) has come up with a plan to cover the sky with loads of black smoke in order to cool the earth and start winter that wayPosted Image , on a serious note I worry about what might be in that smoke cloud considering the factory.

Seriously wondering if I will get away with measuring ash for the snow depth cup ?

post-10773-0-96434500-1389820266_thumb.j

Fire is under control now but the locals have been told to stay inside and keep their doors and windows closed !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I must admit whilst Ilike a bit of winter I m already looking forward to spring ( so I can take up me walks round the local reserves in flower again)

Posted

here goes with the updates i have for now

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

here we go again more rain

Posted Image

cold front arriving around now

trough tucked in behind it

expect rain and some heavy overnight

clearing just before rush hour

poss of some thundery downpours overnight

temps warm to very warm for this time of year

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a breezy south west wind

after the early morning rain clears it looks dry

Posted Image

however when the trough arrives late in the day we may see some heavy and thundery rain

but should not last too long

temps

Posted Image

around 8 degrees

some sun but looks cloudy and mist possible early morning too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday night

Posted Image

a breezy south west flow

rain

Posted Image

looks likely more heavy rain

likely to stick around the far east of the region most of the night

temps

Posted Image

where the rain clears and the skys clear

its possible we may see a frost

more likely cloudy and misty but the frost to the west of the region is possible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

a very weak south west flow

but is sourced from a cold direction so wind chill will be noticeable today

rain

Posted Image

looks like rain may stick around the far far south east for a while

the rest likely to be dry

temps

Posted Image

around 8 degrees

but will feel chilly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday night

Posted Image

a breezy but not strong south west flow

rainfall

Posted Image

WATCH THIS

potential flooding as the warm front showing could give the south east some slow moving heavy rain

temps not cold

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a southerly flow and breezy but again not strong

rainfall

Posted Image

looks like wet then dry the wet again

first lot of rain heavy

second lot heavy then patchy rain

temps

Posted Image

around 10 degrees

overall not too bad

but keep watching incase the flood warnings pop up again around friday

back later with the rest

• Like 5

Posted

Well I hope snowlady36 you get your snow machine,I know my mate hired one for Christmas at his indoor skating rink, might be worth trying a few hire shops,hope things work out for you all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Or you could take him to X-scape in MK

Snow next sat 25th Jan, I'll put my house on it Posted Image

Shouldn't the snow be on the house not the house on the snow !

post-10773-0-47311500-1389821083_thumb.j

And yes the Snozone in Xscape is a wonderful place to go for a snow fix - so many icy opportunities in MK the Planet Ice rink at the Leisure Plaza is currently closed for refurbishment, but we have a temporary rink in the redundant Waitrose store in the Food Centre the temporary rink is operated by MKIce, a non-profit organisation made up of volunteers from the city’s numerous ice-using groups, it was set up to provide a facility for ice-using groups and teams until the new-look Planet Ice re opens :-)

MK really is one of the coolest places to live :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Been reading through the thread today, and realised what a great bunch of people you all are!

I think we all hope that our children (and us "grown up" too) have someone in their lives as well as their parents, that gives them the self confidence to believe that they can achieve their goals and dreams in whatever field that might be. Everyone has a contribution to make, whatever their starting point may be. I am always saying to my boys that we all can't be the same, and it is not wrong to be different from the next person. I hope that all of those that are having or experiencing trials at the moment get through them and come out the other side.

On a weather note, it has been a really mucky, murky day here. Varing degrees of rain and just plain miserable! Had to finish off the Christmas chocolate just to get through it!( well, that's my story and I am sticking to it!) just hoping that the incessant rain will stop at some time, and be replaced by colder, clearer weather and looking a JP's charts we need to keep,our fingers crossed!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well my little man asked me if he will have snow for his birthday this sat told him will see what happens ( yes I know no snow but u don't know me yet.. ) if my children want sometime somehow I make it happen so am looking on eBay for a snow machine Posted Image

Here you go snowlady, This will put smiles on very special faces. http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/snow-machine-n07gh

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=snow+machines&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=25764650456&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=975317205488151535&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8wz7mflbai_b

Best Wishes.

Jason

• Like 3

Hi Snowlady, I watched the video just now, fantastically uplifting and moving.  5 years back our Tom was just six (literally by a day) when diagnosed with  a large brain tumour.  He'd been unwell for a while and it was his inability to enjoy the snow of early Feb 2009 that made us think something was really wrong.  Whilst other children his age and our older children charged about in the snow of the Surrey Hills, he stood there looking like he thought he should be trying to love it but really unable to do it.  2 ops, the second for 10 hours, and then the recovery in ITU was a challenge, we had no idea whether he would be pull through or be left with no speech or some other problems.  As it turned out the first thing he said when he came round, clearly very cross indeed about what we had done to him, and disproving the experts' view that he might never speak again, was 'go away stupid Mummy'!  Since then he has got back to almost his old self, but has carried on growing into a newer and different version.  His balance is slightly affected and his handwriting is larger than average, but he's playing cricket for the A team, football for the C team and starting to give me the run around on the squash court.  he still talks about his time in hospital and only talks about the good stuff - a lady called Lisa who was a play therapist, the time he went out with her in a wheelchair and I pretended not to hear as they came back to the ward and she got him out of the chair for the first time onto his feet and I turned faking my surprise as I saw Tom walking slowly towards me (he didn't notice that I could hardly see anything at this point).  As the years have gone by we've got better at treating a headache that he might get as only a headache, and are able to be cross with him when we need to, so things are back to as near normal as they ever can be, but it leaves its mark this sort of thing and to you and all that have been through struggles my respect, support and very best wishes. AS

What a brave and amazing tom you have and am so pleased he is coming thru . Worst feeling is feeling helpless as a parent out instinct is to protect out children but when illness takes that out of our hands and all we are left with is hope . Our tom was left for ten years without being diagnosed and had caused more problems but you know what he never once moans .. Well only at me coz I can't let him do allThe things his friends do just yet . Best wishes to you all too and your a very brave strong family :)
  • Like 6

Posted

What a brave and amazing tom you have and am so pleased he is coming thru . Worst feeling is feeling helpless as a parent out instinct is to protect out children but when illness takes that out of our hands and all we are left with is hope . Our tom was left for ten years without being diagnosed and had caused more problems but you know what he never once moans .. Well only at me coz I can't let him do all

The things his friends do just yet . Best wishes to you all too and your a very brave strong family Posted Image

Thank you, sincerely, it's very kind of you to post that.

AS

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

I just have to say after reading AS post in response to Snowlady. I couldn't read it all through blurred eyes. I watched my best friend battle a brain tumour when we were both 13. It had a profound effect on my life and in what I went on to become as a person. These challenges seem to bring out a strength, resilience and humility we didn't know we possessed, until tried with such a path. My sincere best to you and yours. We definitely need to do some sort of 'snow flash mob' snow dance to get those cold temps flowing.

Most of you have been members for quite some time, so thanks for being so welcoming to a relative 1 year newbie.

• Like 9

Posted

What does this load of old rubbish mean, basically if you can find somebody that can encourage and help you then you can overcome a handicap, if you keep with it then it is possible to actually turn the disadvantage into a an advantage, I did.I have thought that one day I should sit down and write my life story, which have had many highs, but so many lows, one day!!

Thanks for sharing this with us CK.  I truly believe that all our trials and tribulations make us the person we are today.  Without the experiences we have to go to, to get us here, we would never be the kind of person we are.

You come across on here as a wonderful guy, with a sense of humour, and deep understanding of human nature.  Whatever you have been through, I believe it was worth the journey.

• Like 7

Posted

Congratulations to the observant SE members tonight, who, have all correctly pointed out that every 'personal' posts today have contained the letters/words forming an anagram 'Been wet and mild today'

JP when do we expect the fax charts for Sat / Sunday (I'm looking for wind speed and direction)

Thanks to everyone for a lovely thread.

Edited by Paul Ashford
  • Like 1

Posted

As the years have gone by we've got better at treating a headache that he might get as only a headache, and are able to be cross with him when we need to, so things are back to as near normal as they ever can be, but it leaves its mark this sort of thing and to you and all that have been through struggles my respect, support and very best wishes.

AS

Oh AS. You have made me cry.  I don't know what to say other than I am so pleased that you and your family came through this. 

Oh yes, and it's very warm at the moment here, and it's raining. :)

• Like 5

Posted

I just have to say after reading AS post in response to Snowlady. I couldn't read it all through blurred eyes. I watched my best friend battle a brain tumour when we were both 13. It had a profound effect on my life and in what I went on to become as a person. These challenges seem to bring out a strength, resilience and humility we didn't know we possessed, until tried with such a path. My sincere best to you and yours. We definitely need to do some sort of 'snow flash mob' snow dance to get those cold temps flowing.Most of you have been members for quite some time, so thanks for being so welcoming to a relative 1 year newbie.

Hi Alixzandra, this is truly a fantastic 'place' and I'm sure I speak on behalf of all here to say that you are very welcome.  I'm sorry to hear about your friend and what you both went through, those effects you talk about may be, whether that friend is still with us or not, your friend's gift to you.

AS

• Like 6

Posted

Oh AS. You have made me cry.  I don't know what to say other than I am so pleased that you and your family came through this. 

Oh yes, and it's very warm at the moment here, and it's raining. Posted Image

Oops sorry Chilly, I try to write from the heart as you probably have noticed, plus throwing in the odd joke.  At least it wasn't one of my 'jokes' that made you cry, please tell me if that happens!

All the best

AS

• Like 4

Posted

Congratulations to the observant SE members tonight, who, have all correctly pointed out that every 'personal' posts today have contained the letters/words forming an anagram 'Been wet and mild today'

JP when do we expect the fax charts for Sat / Sunday (I'm looking for wind speed and direction)

Thanks to everyone for a lovely thread.

Thats good at least we won't upset the boss he he, she can't moan about not being weather relatedPosted Image no one on the naughty step unless John says we are not getting snow soonPosted Image

Edited by blackprince
  • Like 2

Posted

Lighten the tone up a little, although I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry............

My sister wrote on her Facebook wall that her sister ie me had been very ill.

Twelve people "liked" her post.Posted Image

I just have to say after reading AS post in response to Snowlady. I couldn't read it all through blurred eyes. I watched my best friend battle a brain tumour when we were both 13.

My exboyfriend, to whom I was still close, as was Southernman, passed with a brain tumour not six months ago, so I can relate.

• Like 2

Posted

Lighten the tone up a little, although I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry............

My sister wrote on her Facebook wall that her sister ie me had been very ill.

Twelve people "liked" her post.Posted Image

And I've just 'liked' your post about people 'liking' your sister's post about you being ill.  It's all bonkers really!  What happens if people now 'like' this post?  Where does it all end?  And wherever it did end, would we all like it?

Please help.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 8

Posted

Oh well at least it's snowing outside, I've got at least 12 Kentimeters at the moment, with a streamer on the way.
  • Like 4

Posted

Oh well at least it's snowing outside, I've got at least 12 Kentimeters at the moment, with a streamer on the way.

I've got 12 Hertimeters.  I'm sure they're bigger than Kentimeters. :p

• Like 2

Posted

hello guys

thanks for your posts tonight

no thread beats this one anywhere Posted Image

i have the 96 charts

sunday

Posted Image

shows a weak southerly flow

Posted Image

Posted Image