Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms February 2014

Coast

Posted

Whats also concerning is the amount of rain still forecast. A further 40-50mm across the south, and double that in Wales by this time next week. Flooding remaining an real problem. Also need to watch Saturdays storm with the risk of strong winds for the south. All eyes on today for now!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Posted Image

Or should we say Mother of nature.

Edited by Luke Anthony
  • Like 1

Can see the main windfield on the satellite images, currently across Ireland soon to move into Wales and NW England.

Looks very potent indeed so batten down the hatches! Winds picking up here now after the earlier calm, a few big gusts.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Kinsale Gas rig still showing sustained winds of 68knots, so 3rd consecutive report of hurricane force winds.

Gust of 96knots too (110mph)!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just leaving new welsh government office in Conway!! Wow the wind has picked up massively... Just seen we are in red warning now. The office we were in was rattling like mad. Shall see what road to Anglsey is like in next 10 mins

TBH I would expect the bridges to be closed by the time you get to them, Good luck with the journey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Can see the main windfield on the satellite images, currently across Ireland soon to move into Wales and NW England.

Posted Imagewindfield.jpg

Looks very potent indeed so batten down the hatches! Winds picking up here now after the earlier calm, a few big gusts.

Looks like parts of Wales are about to be levelled by the winds there. In fact that looks like a very worrying signature on the satellite imagery. Judging by that I can well believe the 100+mph wind reports across S Ireland.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted

The colleges, University, schools and one of the bridges over to Anglesey are being closed as we speak. Left it a bit late I reckon.

• Like 1

Posted

http://newsfeed.leedsvirtualnewsroom.co.uk/2014/02/bridgewater-place-junction-closure-today.html

Leeds is going to be busy this afternoon and this evening with roads round Bridgewater Place closed due to the wind.

Heavy rain here at the moment with strong winds and cold.

Posted

Re: strengthening winds. All the forecasts for my area suggest the wind weakening as we go through the afternoon. Granted, there will still be gusts but I'm a bit confused as to what's going to happen this afternoon. Anyhow, I just had to relight my pilot light which just blew out and we have a tree down in the fields behind my house:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Hi just reading reports about Anglsey. Driving right now is horrendous! Car all over the shop driving rain. Frankly dangerous! If the bridges are shut good I can go home to the relative safety of Shropshire. Any updates on bridges welcome.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The colleges, University, schools and one of the bridges over to Anglesey are being closed as we speak. Left it a bit late I reckon.

Better late than never though. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

wish news/radio/forums could get Hurricane and Hurricane Force winds sorted out

the latter being possible

the formed being impossible for the UK

big difference

• Like 3

Posted

Just leaving new welsh government office in Conway!! Wow the wind has picked up massively... Just seen we are in red warning now. The office we were in was rattling like mad. Shall see what road to Anglsey is like in next 10 mins

Britania bridge (A55) is closing, the college on Anglesey is also closing, you'll have to go over using the Menai bridge, if they dont close that one too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

The most incredible wind I've ever witness at low levels. The whole house is shaking bins flying everywhere, alarms going off, torrential sleet. Has the adrenaline going, that's for sure. Jaysus!

A secondary school has been evacuated in Cork after the portacabins used there were destroyed.

Just stay indoors bud better to be safe than sorry. Sounds like a good rush of weather running through you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Holy crapola, just had a set of incredible gusts here! I have scaffolding up all around my chimney, about 10m high, all the planks have took off, one just landed on top of my outside smoking area, plastic corrugated roof etc.. Lucky we have a huge slab of plywood on top of it to stop rubble from falling down through it, I would have been battered by it!:O

I'm a tad inland but I haven't seen gusts like that for 20 years, stronger than anything we've had this year. The fire engines have just gone out on a shout, I just hope a tree hasn't landed on a car with occupants etc ..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

tweet from met office

A wind gust of 110mph was recorded from a ship south of Ireland. On land, 92 mph has been recorded at Mumbles Head

• Like 2

Posted

Hi just reading reports about Anglsey. Driving right now is horrendous! Car all over the shop driving rain. Frankly dangerous! If the bridges are shut good I can go home to the relative safety of Shropshire. Any updates on bridges welcome.

Just got word off my sister who lives in Menai bridge, Britania is closed (A55) and they are making preparations to close the second bridge, so getting onto Anglesey or getting off might not happen until this passes.