Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I honestly can't wait for summer now, just get some heat and the sun shinning and I'll be happy, maybe the odd storm thrown in as well ay

I am still hoping for snow, late march through april, as none before then, that's when the zonal stuff usually calms down

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Short shower of rain and small hail in the last few minutes, possibly a few more to come by the look of the radar.

Posted

Wow- the pressure is above 1000mb :clap: First time in over a week!

Went out a short while ago to let dog out, it has been clear all night and get again no airfrost. For the umpteenth time this winter a crystal clear calm night couldn't get below 2C. Its getting ridiculous now- why hasn't it frozen?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Clear blue skys and light winds, and i can see the Sun ! Going to make the most of it today outside.

Temp 1.4c

Dp 0.3c

Wind Chill -4.1c,  N/W 14mph

Posted

A frost, so taking the dog out before it thaws too much! Nice and sunny, and not windy.

Posted

A clear blue sky this morning in Nottingham, went out at 7:30 this morning and no frost in the city today, my de- icer remains unopened this winter.

If I finish work in time it will be nice to get out for a walk under the blue skies....

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Almost Spring like? Felt most pleasant at times, even heard a fly buzzing about lol..two solid weeks of this would do a world of good for so many.

Yep got out on the bike today, that nice did 50 miles.;-)
  • Like 2

Posted

Yes, a sunny day is a novelty in Feb, and dec, jan and mar really, probably rarer than snow, shame we are back to normal tomorrow

Posted

Primroses are well up in the woods behind me, and the tips of the bluebells are just showing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Good news..few more weeks,hopefully?

Posted Image

Posted Image

it will probably be snowing in a few weeks time insteadPosted Image  White easter anyone!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I must admit come March, if 17c to 20c and blue skies was on offer i would bank it, Yesterday was a reminder on how the weather can be, with a little more strength in the sun now, you could really feel itPosted Image

With all this rain we've had I'm afraid the white flags are out for me now, forget Winter, bring on SpringPosted Image Primroses and Bluebells in warm sunshine.....sounds great Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

A rather dull start to the day, but it's dry and it's beginning to brighten up with some hazy sun. Notched up 146mm rain so far this month, hoping it won't reach January's total of 195mm.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Reckon it will

Posted

The lack of posts lately says it all, worst winter for settling snow/cold in my living memory here (any snow that did start to settle e.g last Tuesday was gone again within the hour) even beating 2007/2008 but managed to get our first overhead thunderstorm (25th January) in several years and a fairly eventful week of weather last week to.

Having looked at today's charts, there is nothing even worth commenting on for the rest of the month so I shall see you all in March for a fresh whinge Posted Image

Edited by conor123
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Silly thing is there are hints (ok in the outer reaches) of cool if not colder air flooding in from the NW? unfortunately there's yet more unsettled conditions shorter term - Thursday looks soggy then more showers zzz.

It's been saying that on and off all winter and plus most on here have had enough chasing it, I'm sure we are all just fed up of this soggy mess.... Posted Image

So let the Doves fly and find dry land and little sunshine would be nice to go with itPosted Image

Posted

It's been saying that on and off all winter and plus most on here have had enough chasing it, I'm sure we are all just fed up of this soggy mess.... Posted Image

So let the Doves fly and find dry land and little sunshine would be nice to go with itPosted Image

was okay today, max of 10.2C, felt like spring in sun and out of wind, nest few days look like being 10C plus

coldish but mostly snow free Jan, no max temp 10C plus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Agree dww, best case a fortnight plus of dry and mild and I've given up chasing the white stuff tbh..anything past say 5-7 days is always questionable anyway.

more storms possible next week triplePosted Image

Posted

Time to stick a fork in this winter as far as I'm concerned. I'm done with it. Finito. This winter is no more. It has ceased to be. It is an ex-winter.

The big Atlantic storms have been exciting, but the lack of anything remotely cold or snowy has been excruciating to watch unfold.

Bring on the longer days, sunshine, and warmth Posted Image

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

erm, not really much to report this end... although I have heard a few gusts in the past couple of hours. Nothing "too strong", more like a breeze-on-steroids. :/ Quite quiet... *twiddles thumbs*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Highest gust so far today is 40 mph at 0647.

Not much rain overnight either, it's looking increasingly unlikely that this winter will challenge 1989/90 as the wettest on record unless next week is very wet; about 55 mm required to take the record.

Posted

Always keeping an eye on Sunday-Monday, potential for horrendous rain, GFS 12Z, and now 18Z seems to have the rain moving slowly east during sunday, not making it into this region, then moves it back west, (dry sunday night) then monday looks a washout as it moves back east, think GFS has this right

FAX chart 12Z, moves the front east Sunday night, well clear by monday (wrong?)