Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yes snowchance here... Who gives a (blip) by now.... A least we had some very rare action last night! only for some i must add, this was the Northern Lights over Uttoxeter, North Staffordshire last nightPosted Image

Posted Image

Beautiful photo, many thanks for sharing....Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

So much for 6-8c for today....its 2c and feels freezing considering this week its been so mild....

-4c earlier and thick hard frost

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

it seems the met puts out yellow warnings like candi. I wander when they gona start putting out warnings for a bit of drizel and thick cloud.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

So much for 6-8c for today....its 2c and feels freezing considering this week its been so mild....-4c earlier and thick hard frost

It would only take a little sun and it will shoot up. Sleet and 2c here 10am, now a sunny 7c.

it seems the met puts out yellow warnings like candi. I wander when they gona start putting out warnings for a bit of drizel and thick cloud.

A degree or two colder plus heavier precipitation and snow problems

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Naah.....We've got 'IrememberAtlantic252' for that...Horrendous and a Washout Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Frost and possible fog patches tonight..a pretty rare phenomenon this Wint...sorry Spring Posted Image

Would've been nice to have seen a few flakes but even more importantly it's a dry one now - for those still baling out, more much needed relief and hopefully respite.

did any one see any snow in the midlands none in london 6.8c raining

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So much for 6-8c for today....its 2c and feels freezing considering this week its been so mild....-4c earlier and thick hard frost

7.8C max today so correct then? felt mild today with lighter winds, milder than the 12.7C max on 23 Feb

missed the rain thank heavens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Plenty of time for change, but.

Posted Image

We might as well give up on snow, it's just too late now, roll on spring. My hazelnut tree is already budding .

Posted

*prepares to enter her summer hibernation*

A sure sign that Spring is on the way. Winters only officially end round here when Fizz returns to her shoebox for the next eight months Posted Image

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

A sure sign that Spring is on the way. Winters only officially end round here when Fizz returns to her shoebox for the next eight months Posted Image

Bish

Well, I'm hanging on for as long as possible, but all this fruitless searching for snow has quite worn me out.

I might manage another couple of weeks......

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some fantastic charts on offer next week. Could parts of the Midlands be pushing 15/16c next week? :D

I know the CFS isnt the most reliable model but the long term trend from the model for summer thus far is good! :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

What a grand morning to kick off Spring ! Wall to wall sunshine and clear blue sky's here after an overnight frost, Temp 0.3c.

Overnight min temp -1.7c

Our so called Winter can bugger off now..

Posted

Wow another March 2012 anyone??

GFS now showing 15/16c widely for next weekend, now that failure of a winter is behind us here's hoping the next pattern change stuck on a loop for months on end is tropical Azores/Euro High's like the 06z shows.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Looks like it could be warmer in Telford than it could be in Solihull if the 10 day Netweather forcast is to be believed. 17.2*C in Telford for Friday 7th March, and only 16.7*C for Solihull on the same day. I think I might have to get Netweather to swop those temperatures around, so us Solihullians get the warmer temperatures than the Telfordians (he he hee). No doubt this will probably change when the 12Z runs come out later though. I just hope, however, that the models don't do anything evil and 'water down' the High Pressure outlook, although they have continued to keep trending towards a more settled outlook in the future. Could certainly really feel as though Spring could really come alive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Usual weather for a sunday tomorrow post 2008, washout again, cannot believe how many Sunday's are wet in NW areas

Conor, hope that comes off, and end this autumn

Posted

Oh dear I shouldn't of posted a positive message, everytime I do the charts turn the next run :lol:

Pleasant enough day today, long spells of sunshine earlier, just clouding over now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Large dark cloud killing out the light... (me looking towards Tamworth's direction [North-ish, I think][1805GMT])

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Usual weather for a sunday tomorrow post 2008, washout again, cannot believe how many Sunday's are wet in NW areas

Conor, hope that comes off, and end this autumn

Eh? Would you like to carry out a study of the correlation for this and compare against every other day of the week. 

• Like 2

Posted

Back to rain again today after yesterdays teas, only light drizzle at the moment here but later on this afternoon/evening the rain looks to turn much more persistent.

Posted Image

Temp currently 5.4c

Posted

Heavy drizzle here since midday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Not too good out there atm, Its been on and off all day and quite dark for the most of it. Just had a look at the BBC week ahead weather and Stav mentions

come the end of the week and into the weekend," feeling 'very warm' where we get some sunshine"......Choosing words of 'very warm' is OTT!

Temps of 13c to 14c is not very warm.

Anyway just hope the suns out... I'll be Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Looking at the UKMO for Friday/Saturday, the 850hpa looks even cooler... So a word of caution... I wouldn't build your hopes up just yet!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Cold, damp and foggy old there this morning at -0.5c with a slight frost.

Posted

Thick Fog starting to break with clear blue sky's, Temp 0c