Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

There is a clear convergence zone of cloud on the satellite and from my position in Warminster I am dead central within it! To the South it is virtually cloudless (as shown by Mapantz's pic) and to the North it's also clearer with scattered Cumulus, while here and as far as I can see to the East and West Cumulus has built up and spread out into a large grey sheet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Well, this is my view outside (these two are from earlier) ... it's how it's pretty much been throughout the day down in cider-county. :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Dry Day .Broken cloud. Lots of sunny periods. 18.7c. Humidity 48%. In the shady corner 14.2c. Inside 221.8c. Humidity 59%...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

*snip* ... shady corner 14.2c. Inside 221.8c. Humidity 59%...

Woah! Gas Mark 7? ;)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Wonder if the thunderstorm shield above my house will Sod off this Saturday! lol. Can't remember the last time we had a decent storm around here but I'll take boring old thundery rain as a second option.

Posted

Brilliantly presented forecast on BBC Points West by Ian Fergusson, I really hope everybody in this area who saw it took in the uncertainty they still have while understanding his technical explanations when showing the chart with the Cold Front approaching into the warm humid air that will be present. If you want to see the forecast later be sure to check the Points West Facebook page as it's usually added in the next few hours.

The process begins tonight with a weak Warm Front moving North which may bring some light rain in the early hours (see rain on radar to the SW of Cornwall now) followed by an increasingly sunny, warm and then humid day. Ian even explained that the first showers may occur tomorrow evening as mid level cloud begins to move up.

Signs to look out for tomorrow from mid afternoon will be Altocumulus Castellanus heading up from the South.

Posted

so could someone give us a reasonable forecast of what is meant to happen in the next week?  From the mod thread they say things like 'good charts' but don't say what they actually mean.  Are they good charts for thunder lovers, settled weather lovers?

i think i prefer the more regional regional threads than this as there are too many variances and we don't know what people are looking for.

anyone give any clues?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Brilliantly presented forecast on BBC Points West by Ian Fergusson, I really hope everybody in this area who saw it took in the uncertainty they still have while understanding his technical explanations when showing the chart with the Cold Front approaching into the warm humid air that will be present. If you want to see the forecast later be sure to check the Points West Facebook page as it's usually added in the next few hours.

The process begins tonight with a weak Warm Front moving North which may bring some light rain in the early hours (see rain on radar to the SW of Cornwall now) followed by an increasingly sunny, warm and then humid day. Ian even explained that the first showers may occur tomorrow evening as mid level cloud begins to move up.

Signs to look out for tomorrow from mid afternoon will be Altocumulus Castellanus heading up from the South.

Oh how I love a bit of altocumulus castellanus.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

The view out over Lyme Bay from Abbotsbury around half two this afternoon.  Strong breeze coming in off the sea, but a glorious day.

post-8165-0-77480600-1401999953_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Gorgeous after 4pm today, barely a cloud in sight and rich blue sky.

Posted

You might have had a rethink of the dippable when you saw the waves breaking on the shingle and the drag as the backwash retreated!

post-8165-0-15042200-1402006375_thumb.jp

Edited by Lyn-M

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very chilly tonight just 5c now so risk of ground frost.

Posted

With a weak warm front in the vicinity some rather complex medium cloud with Ac at two or three levels.

Temp 13C

Wind SE 15 mph

Pressure 1008mb falling

post-12275-0-15724400-1402030754_thumb.p

Posted

No GF min 3.9c clouded over soon after midnight

Posted

In true Telford style every trace of thunder potential is getting phazed out into moderate rain as ever, here's hoping it can blast through by lunchtime tommorow and the remainder of the weekend is rather pleasant! 

In the meantime, hazy sunshine after a chilly night with a low of 5.1c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

In true Telford style every trace of thunder potential is getting phazed out into moderate rain as ever, here's hoping it can blast through by lunchtime tommorow and the remainder of the weekend is rather pleasant! In the meantime, hazy sunshine after a chilly night with a low of 5.1c!

I agree conor, we are up there as one of the stormless places in the uk, gone are the times of getting storms that lasted hours into the evening or getting woken up at 2am by distant rumbles then watching the sky explode. These days we just get showers that suddenly explode into life when they have gone past or they just fizzle out to plain rain when they get here!!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cool dry night here with a low of 4.7c.

Currently; Clear blue sky's and little wind. Temp 9.2c, South 2mph.

Posted

With a weak warm front in the vicinity some rather complex medium cloud with Ac at two or three levels.

Temp 13C

Wind SE 15 mph

Pressure 1008mb falling

Really interesting sky though isn't it, that weak front has now lifted Northwards through West Wiltshire and brought some brief light rain/sharp showers with it with the mid level cloud beginning to clear slowly and more blue sky approaching from the South on a fresh breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Anybody see altocumulus castellanus clouds like I'm seeing yet?

Posted

Really interesting sky though isn't it, that weak front has now lifted Northwards through West Wiltshire and brought some brief light rain/sharp showers with it with the mid level cloud beginning to clear slowly and more blue sky approaching from the South on a fresh breeze.

Yes and still quite interesting with this multi-layer Ac.There would appear to be some Ac Cas. at the lower level estimate around 7000-8000 feet. Some slight rain just now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Convergence charts looking a little interesting for my area, Tomorrow morning could be the wettest part of the day for me, fingers crossed with plenty of thunder & lightning :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

19.4C here but quite breezy however not a bad day so far, sunny and dry! Will be interesting to see how things develop tomorrow with the storms!