Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 20th May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Back to full on cloud cover  :rolleyes:  Temps where at 19c, now dropped again to 18.3c looking at the radar http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile not much happening atm,

but keep an eye on what's coming out of France, http://www.meteo-mc.fr/~meteomc/Images/sat/sat_new_ireu.gif

Full of Hope that'll be exploding into life and heading this way for later. Fingers ever so tightly crossed again :)

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yellow warning for thundery showers still in place from the met for me in Darlington from 16:00 to 23:00 so we'll have to wait and see but its certainly getting brighter and warmer now which could help later on

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I bloody hope not !

Don't think your location is reliant on French activity so wouldn't panic - just us here in the SE corner that by the looks of things are.

Nothing whatsoever happening convection wise!!will it all happen I'm thinking?

YES! Maybe or maybe not for you specifically, but it will kick off when the CF approaching begins to engage the moist airmass - that's not happening yet and every forecast I've seen suggests it wont happen for a good few hours yet.

Posted

Hi all, just joined netweather, I'm another one from thunderless Leicester..... I reckon if the sun can break through the gahch, we might get something late afternoon/early evening... Otherwise I think we'll draw a blank on this one..

Cheers

Speedway Slider.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Interesting for Thursday, for the south westerners..http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1400713200&regionName=sw

Hi all, just joined netweather, I'm another one from thunderless Leicester..... I reckon if the sun can break through the gahch, we might get something late afternoon/early evening... Otherwise I think we'll draw a blank on this one..CheersSpeedway Slider.

Welcome to NW Speedway! Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Still think there's too much cloud here at the moment,although it does still feel very muggy outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Bit of rain here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Hi all, just joined netweather, I'm another one from thunderless Leicester..... I reckon if the sun can break through the gahch, we might get something late afternoon/early evening... Otherwise I think we'll draw a blank on this one..CheersSpeedway Slider.

Welcome to Netweather Speedway! :D

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just cloud and a breeze, was much more stormy looking this morning! keep looking out side ever hopeful, but the radar shows nothing for miles. :angry:

Posted

Surface heating shouldn't be too much of a problem today, the convection will initiate from a overriding CF which itself will inject enough instability to the mid-layers that mid-level storms (mainly giving IC strikes) could initiate pretty much anywhere within hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Bedfordshire innit! Hopefully this year won't be as pathetic for weather as last year. Not one thunderstorm nor one flake of snow!

As usual the interesting stuff will cling to the Chiltern hills, like it normally does.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Welcome aboard!

If you could pop your location in your profile for us it would be most welcomed :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Thunderstorms currently over the tip of Pembrokeshire then headed towards Eire.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all!

My interest in weather stems from the fact that I am absolutely terrified of thunderstorms, have been since I can remember, and I'm 50 now!!!

I have an inbuilt thunder alarm, I get very queezy when storms are heading my way, up to a good few hours before, most of the time.

Obviously lightning is dangerous, but it really really worries me when we get it.. if I can, I try to find a car to sit in, even when I'm say at home!

It also fascinates me as well, nearly to obsession level... Is this normal/common or rare do you think.....?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Very dark, clouds around here now. Certainly some good convection. Should see stuff kick off in an hour or so ( As I always say, 15:00 onwards is best )

Posted

Hi all!My interest in weather stems from the fact that I am absolutely terrified of thunderstorms, have been since I can remember, and I'm 50 now!!!I have an inbuilt thunder alarm, I get very queezy when storms are heading my way, up to a good few hours before, most of the time.Obviously lightning is dangerous, but it really really worries me when we get it.. if I can, I try to find a car to sit in, even when I'm say at home!It also fascinates me as well, nearly to obsession level... Is this normal/common or rare do you think.....?

You will fit right in at this place!  :D

Storms are a scary thing if you are looking to chase them or looking to avoid them, they always get the adrenaline going if you are interested and that is why most of us are here!

Enjoy your stay, hopefully its a long one!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I would say with a fair bit of messy cloud across the country that thunderstorms will be fairly limited today, certainly not on the scale of yesterday imo. Saying that the Pembrokeshire storm is currently very active so still some good energy in the atmosphere if it can be utilised. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Sun has managed to break through.. temps respond by nearly 6c.. up to 22c.  I know heating isn't everything in this setup but it must help a little.  Lets see what happens.

• Like 1