Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 20th May 2014 onwards

Posted

Still quite dull here although it's warm

Posted

Also new on netwx, im from the mannheim area in Germany, so i definately looking forward to thursday! First severe weather setup this season, t-storm counter here is at 16, but nothing special so far despite one minor hail storm (about 1,5 cm). Currently it's 27C with a dp of about 14C, tomorrow we're heading for the 30s! :)

Edited by Knoxgar
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Suns breaking out and the temp is rocketing up above 20c. Not much happening on the radar! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Hi all!My interest in weather stems from the fact that I am absolutely terrified of thunderstorms, have been since I can remember, and I'm 50 now!!!I have an inbuilt thunder alarm, I get very queezy when storms are heading my way, up to a good few hours before, most of the time.Obviously lightning is dangerous, but it really really worries me when we get it.. if I can, I try to find a car to sit in, even when I'm say at home!It also fascinates me as well, nearly to obsession level... Is this normal/common or rare do you think.....?

Hello! I used to be petrified of storms, especially when under 10 yrs old, and the summer storms (late 70s/early 80s) would start in the morning or at night, leaving me to hide under the covers and nearly suffocate myself in the process! I still get jumpy when there is thunder at night and it wakes me... however, over the years I have become fascinated too, resulting in a trip to USA a few years ago with Netweather to chase tornadoes and storms! Yes, you can become obsessed I think!

:)

Edited by cloudsabove
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Southern Ireland storm fest later today... Just watch..

Shurrup or I will send the Staines Massive round to see you. lol :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It's gone really dark here but the main activity is over the sea yet the bbc are still forecast this to push north across wales , it's completely missed us and gone west into Southern Ireland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well I have headed north and currently sat near Bolsover in NE Derbyshire. Clouds building and very warm. My thoughts are that I have both the M1 and M18 nearby for access NE or NW.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

06 changed a bit... Tasty!

And i just have to lol at this .....yesterday too far east .....today too far west ... ties in with the warning area nicely, but no good for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I'm watching the showers to the S in the channel. The shower furthest S is electrified. Fingers crossed.

Posted

Not sure why they would do that the upper winds are very clear today

Met Ã‰ireann.  Issued a warning for parts of Ireland now

Rainfall Warning for Munster, Connacht and Donegal

Heavy thundery downpours are likely today leading to local spot flooding.

Very intense rainfall possible over short periods of time. 

Totals of 25 to 40 mm possibly in places.

Posted

Hi all, I'm dave. I've just joined today too. I'm the same as Speedway Slider in that I'm absolutely terrified of thunderstorms. I've had some rubbish therapy (which didn't work) and they told me not to look at weather forecasts etc, but I just can't seem to stop. Joining this forum today is obviously just an extention of my need for more and more information. I wish I was like you lot and actually looked forward to this! I'm currently in Stockton-on-Tees and the weather ATM is rather cool but with hazy sunshine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Massive rain drops here, just sprung out of nothing! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

So what was the difference to the weather Wales had yesterday? Crazy MO.

Anyway, the sun has been trying to break through for the last hour but the cloud is winning the battle at the moment.

Posted

Just watched BBC lunchtime news, absolutely no mention whatsoever of the battering Wales received yesterday! Not a blooming jot.. is it because they failed to forecast this/issue any warnings yyesterday and so are in total denial mode of the storms yesterday...??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just watched BBC lunchtime news, absolutely no mention whatsoever of the battering Wales received yesterday! Not a blooming jot.. is it because they failed to forecast this/issue any warnings yyesterday and so are in total denial mode of the storms yesterday...??

Nope, its because its Wales - had it happened in London it'd have been headline news! (although I suspect there is a good streak of truth to what you say also)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I can only assume so. It's astonishing how poorly they handled yesterday. If they just came out and said "sorry, we got it wrong" they would get far more respect than just sweeping it under the rug. Very poor it has to be said.

Either that or they were all outside enjoying the warm weather instead :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Hi all, I'm dave. I've just joined today too. I'm the same as Speedway Slider in that I'm absolutely terrified of thunderstorms. I've had some rubbish therapy (which didn't work) and they told me not to look at weather forecasts etc, but I just can't seem to stop. Joining this forum today is obviously just an extention of my need for more and more information. I wish I was like you lot and actually looked forward to this! I'm currently in Stockton-on-Tees and the weather ATM is rather cool but with hazy sunshine.

JumboDavey with the very small writing. :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can only assume so. It's astonishing how poorly they handled yesterday. If they just came out and said "sorry, we got it wrong" they would get far more respect than just sweeping it under the rug. Very poor it has to be said. Either that or they were all outside enjoying the warm weather instead :D

What makes it more interesting is the BBC and MO both tweeted about what was going on in Wales, in quite a relaxed manner..