Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The changing daylight hours thread

Boydie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Yes the sun is now setting at its earliest in the UK including here in Darlo where it sets at 15:41 it will set 1 minute later next Friday (20th) and then the process of getting the lighter nights back in gets underway with us gaining around 1 hour per afternoon / evening each month till June 21st

Posted Image

Very cloud, dull day here, was pretty much on its way to being dark by 1:45 here today!

Posted

Yes the sun is now setting at its earliest in the UK including here in Darlo where it sets at 15:41 it will set 1 minute later next Friday (20th) and then the process of getting the lighter nights back in gets underway with us gaining around 1 hour per afternoon / evening each month till June 21st

Posted Image

wrong, in lerwick the sun sets at it's earliest time tomorrow Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

it's just 4 months till the clocks go forward and 6 and a bit months till summer starts, and it's just 9 and a bit months till next autumn starts and just 12 and a bit months till next winter starts yippee

and  in a year you can do all that again :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Posted Image

not quite..some months you gain more than others..the gains decrease rapidly as you head into May and are almost non existent as you go through June..opposite is true the gains are very slow until the middle of January then they accelerate rapidly through Feb and March

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

not quite..some months you gain more than others..the gains decrease rapidly as you head into May and are almost non existent as you go through June..opposite is true the gains are very slow until the middle of January then they accelerate rapidly through Feb and March

Yes your right my bad

Its around an hour a month till May then June its around 15 minutes

This is our sun set times in Darlington

December 31st 15:50

January 31st 16:43

February 28th 17:40

March 31st 19:41 - clocks go forward on the 30th

April 30th 20:38

May 31st 21:30

June 21st 21:46 - longest day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just 8 days until the nights start getting shorter again, and the long road to summer begins! :D:drinks:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Somehow I can handle 'Winter' if I know the nights are getting shorter! The recent years where we had snow on the ground before solstice truly did my crunch in ( esp. when the moors held onto snow right up until equinox!!!). I don't think I'll be suffering any of that this winter! If winter is as altered as this summer was ( compared to the other post 07' summers ) then I'm looking at Bartletts 'till spring and a failed late winter SSW!

Posted

Just 8 days until the nights start getting shorter again, and the long road to summer begins! Posted ImagePosted Image

This is all I need. The hideous memories of summer gone are all but dead and buried but you have to go and remind me in the heart of the best time of year. Shame on you. Then GW goes and intensifies the misery by somehow weaving the laughable AGW slant into normality.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Once xmas is done with and we've had some snow (and no doubt some type of very cold weather in this part of the world) I'll definitely be ready for the days to lengthen so I can get out and explore. Got so many places around here to investigate as well as some train trips to other interesting nearby cities. But this time of year its just so difficult with the lack of light especially as its cloudy almost all of the time.

Looking at averages for things like sunshine things make a marked improvement in February so not too long gladly!

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Sorry wrong thread.

Edited by Polar Continental

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Sunset 15:40 here. In a week it will be 15:42. I've not really noticed the dark evenings as much as i have done previously. Partially because the conditions have been adequate during daylight hours to still manage to get on the golf course. And in the evenings spending my time doing some 5 a side under floodlights.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

some people will tell you it's just 8 days till winter starts 

depends what you call winter......what is winter??

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

mornings still getting darker until the end of the month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

The sun has set at its earliest today, from tomorrow the long road to light nights begins

i cant wait has been a long drawn out autumn and early winter for me...desperate for spring now...had enough of cold and snow by the middle of November and dark mornings

• Like 1

Posted

Winters not even arrived yet and there are already signs of Spring with the bulbs coming up. I work looking right out on the sunrise at the moment so it will be easy to notice the lighter mornings when they do arrive. Give it a couple of weeks and the later sunsets will be noticeable too. I await those long warm evenings of mid summer. Time to rename the title soon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Winters not even arrived yet and there are already signs of Spring with the bulbs coming up. I work looking right out on the sunrise at the moment so it will be easy to notice the lighter mornings when they do arrive. Give it a couple of weeks and the later sunsets will be noticeable too. I await those long warm evenings of mid summer. Time to rename the title soon.

Yep spring bulbs are coming through here now they started to appear about 2 weeks back one of the earliest starts I've know here in Darlo.

The nights drawing out starts slow but as we progress to mid Jan and onwards the difference becomes noticeable with an extra hour of daylight gained here in Darlo by the end of Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

it's just 6 months and 3 days till the days start getting shorter again

Indeed. It'll fly be in no time. Who knows, we may even get a cold, snowy May this year and then a washout summer.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

Happy Easter everyone as we start the long climb back to lighter mornings and evenings, not much to see in change before about mid January though