Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Same down here in Darlo lot's of sunshine but a raw wind

Yes, I think the windchill might be the only notable factor about this cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

I'll explain how this winter feels to those of us in the proper north (Sunderland and above until you hit north Northumberland/Scotland). Imagine walking into the most amazing club you've ever seen but it's so crowded that you can only remain in one section of the club so your park yourself down at the middle left; over to your right you've got the most intense swingers party going on with constant reloading (Cumbria), just in front of you is the most intense section and one hell of a bender - everyone's having a ball (Scotland), just behind of you (Durham/Teesside/Yorkshire) is a free concert by your favourite bands for the whole night, whereas in the section your left in is a group of boring saddos playing tiddlywinks and occasional a bit of water being passed around but some nutters (the Met Office) telling everyone it's a spliff on the way round.

I'm in darlington mate which fits into your (durham teesside yorkshire) location and i can tell you its been shocking here for snow even worse than your neck of the woods i would wager

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

Deep snow please- well comparing the lack of snow to a swingers party???????? Its the weather yes its pretty crap we have had a poor winter for snow, but its not the end of the world.  Think people need to keep things in perspective.

• Like 2

Posted

Deep snow please, its the weather for goodness sake get a grip

To be fair it was an amusing analogy but I agree, there is little point in getting hung up on whether or not it snows lol

Posted

To be fair it was an amusing analogy but I agree, there is little point in getting hung up on whether or not it snows lol

I think some in here need to get the Prozac out cheer them up hehe :)  :)

• Like 1

Posted

Deep snow please- well comparing the lack of snow to a swingers party???????? Its the weather yes its pretty crap we have had a poor winter for snow, but its not the end of the world.  Think people need to keep things in perspective.

This is a weather forum, if they had done it on a computer forum you might have a slight point. It was rather amusing really.

Back to the weather, what's the point of just being cold, it's boring and well, cold. Here we are in northern England just going into February in the middle of a cold spell, at night and it's raining/sleet. What an utter let down this has been and it just goes to show how hard it is just to get 'real' falling snow in the UK. The one time my area got falling snow with a cm or two covering at 10:30pm, was nearly all gone at 6am the very next day.

• Like 2

Posted

Alright, its my turn to moan. :D  Probably the best conditions in terms of uppers and dewpoints we've had all winter and its dry as a... 

Tomorrow looks dry, Tuesday has been downgraded but could still throw up some surprises, as could Wednesday. We persevere :') 

• Like 2

Posted

Alright, its my turn to moan. :D  Probably the best conditions in terms of uppers and dewpoints we've had all winter and its dry as a... 

Tomorrow looks dry, Tuesday has been downgraded but could still throw up some surprises, as could Wednesday. We persevere :')

It's always the way. This week seems like the last good chance of winter but we've had snow in May before so you never know.

Posted

This is a weather forum, if they had done it on a computer forum you might have a slight point. It was rather amusing really.

Back to the weather, what's the point of just being cold, it's boring and well, cold. Here we are in northern England just going into February in the middle of a cold spell, at night and it's raining/sleet. What an utter let down this has been and it just goes to show how hard it is just to get 'real' falling snow in the UK. The one time my area got falling snow with a cm or two covering at 10:30pm, was nearly all gone at 6am the very next day.

Ok will agree to disagree on that. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I've had 3 days when snow has fallen they and they were all in the 2nd half of last month

1st fall was on the 18th melted within a few hours of it stopping

2nd was last Wednesday it lasted longer but only because it fell overnight when its naturally colder

3rd was last Thursday again melted in no time

So whilst this winter is a slight improvement on last winter its nothing to write home about the one thing I've noticed more is the coldest spells have brought a lot of dry sunny weather for example over Christmas.

If anyone can bare to watch it the weather for the week ahead is below similar to today really as in the wind chill is going to make it feel colder than it actually would be if it was a clam day

Posted

I think some in here need to get the Prozac out cheer them up hehe :)  :)

Haha, yeah I agree with you there.

I tend to take a sarcastic approach to this forum simply because I'm just not lucky enough to see heavy settling snow lol!

Posted

I've had 3 days when snow has fallen they and they were all in the 2nd half of last month

1st fall was on the 18th melted within a few hours of it stopping

2nd was last Wednesday it lasted longer but only because it fell overnight when its naturally colder

3rd was last Thursday again melted in no time

So whilst this winter is a slight improvement on last winter its nothing to write home about the one thing I've noticed more is the coldest spells have brought a lot of dry sunny weather for example over Christmas.

If anyone can bare to watch it the weather for the week ahead is below similar to today really as in the wind chill is going to make it feel colder than it actually would be if it was a clam day

BBC Forecast has me down for quite a bit of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. Cold wet rain, you just can't beat it :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

The mild sector was well known to occur though and it was always marginal, the annoying part was the PPN kept on fizzling out as it approached this region and had it occured when conditions were still okay for snowfall, then we may of seen snowfall last night.

Tonight and tomorrow night will be about just how low the temps will go, should be a hard frost for most so we may see some white stuff in terms of frost! Tuesday and into Wednesday is really our last chance of snowfall from this cold period.

Posted

The wind has really dropped in the past few hours temperatures will drop like a stone tonight more so over any snow fields but even the towns and cities could get down to -3c

• Like 1

Posted

Its going to be a bitter night tonight down to 0.8c currently and falling could be the coldest night of winter for most if the skies stay clear

Posted

Get yourself to the Pennines!

Between Stanhope and Middleton, today...

10599470_10205860740582680_7142951128659

644401_10205860742062717_347626390232215

10941444_10205860742422726_6886573306278

10959722_10205860741822711_3406104113194

10430380_10205860742702733_8720547644084

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Get yourself to the Pennines!

Between Stanhope and Middleton, today...

10599470_10205860740582680_7142951128659

644401_10205860742062717_347626390232215

10941444_10205860742422726_6886573306278

10959722_10205860741822711_3406104113194

10430380_10205860742702733_8720547644084

right thats it i am off in the morning with my son before he goes to afternoon nursery, thanks for the pictures Nick :)

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

Ta :)

Just a tip - there is actually more snow slightly lower down as the wind has stripped a lot from the most exposed locations... that said, you can find sheltered bits with really good snow. The furthest we went was the "Welcome to Teasdale" sign right at the top, and it was close to there (on the way back down), that I took the pics with the snow next to the car.

Edited by NickR

Posted

Thank for taking it the way it was meant, as a light-hearted analogy.

I actually enjoy snowless cold just as much as the snow, it gives a freshness to the air and is really nice to walk about in - and obviously if it sets in long enough you start getting hard frosts, which are as beautiful as snow in there own right. Obviously there's a 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

temp -0.4c its going to be a cold one