Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

well i would say i will be lamp posting watching soon, but unfortunately RCT council decided to remove my best friend lampost opposite my house last year LOL. Replaced now with the solar high power LED ones but further down the road. So will have to actually venture outside to see if flakes fall out of the sky in the next hour or so. matter of fact will post last snow event photos (with my trusty lamp post friend) and recent ones to show you the difference. How much you can miss a lampost LOL

Edited by worldairgroup

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Glad I got that wrong! Actually I think I said it would more likely above 200m and that below that would soon melt.

Posted

Had a good snow shower covering everything, followed by hail, followed by BLOODY icy rain. 

+0.4c

Anybody inland with a bit of elevation should do well.

• Like 1

Posted

well i would say i will be lamp posting watching soon, but unfortunately RCT council decided to remove my best friend lampost opposite my house last year LOL. Replaced now with the solar high power LED ones but further down the road. So will have to actually venture outside to see if flakes fall out of the sky in the next hour or so. matter of fact will post last snow event photos (with my trusty lamp post friend) and recent ones to show you the difference. How much you can miss a lampost LOL

I miss the orange lampposts which I can barely remember from my childhood. Here in Caerphilly they're almost extinct, replaced by yellow and increasingly the silvery LED types.

The orange added such an amazing glow to the snow.

• Like 1

Posted

I fear it may be gone by morning with a milder sector soon.

Posted

I wonder if there's a chance of a Bristol Channel streamer setting up tonight, a la 21st December 2009.

There's a whole clump of showers heading towards that general area and the winds seem to be veering more Westerly.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 2

Posted

I miss the orange lampposts which I can barely remember from my childhood. Here in Caerphilly they're almost extinct, replaced by yellow and increasingly the silvery LED types.

The orange added such an amazing glow to the snow.

(MODS - off topic i know but relevant to lamp post watching) yes thats what we had orange ones - but basically they have totally removed the one opposite my house. the new ones are amazingly bright but i know my neighbour is not impressed as its right outside her bedroom window and she felt like she was at the Brit Awards every night! think they ended up putting deflectors onto it for her. Also it makes our driveway pitch black now in the evening which does not bode well for security.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Funny you should say that ......We`ve got the same problem in Harborne, LED lights all around the base of our flat.

absolutely.....crap viewing with the naked eye....but work with the lower exposure of the Night setting on Brumcam :)

ps... send some of the white stuff over the border :D

• Like 1

Posted

Funny you should say that ......We`ve got the same problem in Harborne, LED lights all around the base of our flat.

absolutely.....crap viewing with the naked eye....but work with the lower exposure of the Night setting on Brumcam :)

ps... send some of the white stuff over the border :D

hey arnie, problem we have is I now have no lampost to even watch LOL. I think looking at radar its just approaching Merthyr so I would hope its coming my way within the next 30 minutes. then i will have chat with the beast for you and put in a good word LOL. Good luck regardless or what you or I end up with.

Edited by worldairgroup
  • Like 1

Posted

Light sleet now with a thaw starting but another nice surprise if temporary snowfall!

Thank goodness for the lamppost directly outside although thought its usually off by now.

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 2

Posted

Light sleet now with a thaw starting but another nice surprise if temporary snowfall!

Thank goodness for the lamppost directly outside although thought its usually off by now.

Tony I think my lampost has gone to find yours LOL may they live happily ever after.

• Like 2

Posted

Can't spell lampost though can I

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I sympathise. I miss my old lamppost too. Many an hour I spent gazing at it. I moved in 2013 and have only recently discovered how rubbish my new lamppost is. It's much further away and well, with my eye sight these days I had to use my camera and zoom in to get a decent view. Maybe I'll just have to wait until it blankets the ground. Lol. I may have a long wait.

• Like 1

Posted

I want one of these:

IMG_8613.JPG

Not one of these:

solar-led-street-light.jpg

That really does look like snow at Merthyr, but it couldn't be by virtue of there being hardly any snow at Dowlais Top and Dowlais Top being much higher than that cam. I think it's just the light on the grass. Sadly.

Merthyr is now down for three/four hours of heavy snow/heavy snow showers, though.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

Temps are on the rise in Cardiff, by the time the precipitation arrives it's going to be rain (possibly sleet) as per forecast.

Even when there's a very slim chance of snow, I just can't help myself from half expecting an unexpected dumping. All the best snow is surprise snow. :)

• Like 1

Posted

I sympathise. I miss my old lamppost too. Many an hour I spent gazing at it. I moved in 2013 and have only recently discovered how rubbish my new lamppost is. It's much further away and well, with my eye sight these days I had to use my camera and zoom in to get a decent view. Maybe I'll just have to wait until it blankets the ground. Lol. I may have a long wait.

Never mind Clair. It will work out in the end. Well no sign  of ppn here...yet, but cloudy and feel is getting slightly warmer.

Posted

I keep telling myself when it finally arrives it will be worth the wait. :)

• Like 1

Posted

First flakes falling here, should be with you worldairgroup and Clair within the next fifteen-twenty minutes.

• Like 2

Posted

First flakes falling here, should be with you worldairgroup and Clair within the next fifteen-twenty minutes.

Rock on Jackfrost LOL. Thanks. Incidentally think traffic wales have a fault on their CCTV Cameras. Cannot view any of them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Wet and windy again

Posted

Heavy snow up here and not at all wet like the snow a few days ago.

Lovely.