Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

HP to the east forces front to stall on Wales then retreats then another attack from the S West stalls over Wales and retreats so lets start SWEST chant CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW, channel low ,psml.

Quality Sir just pure Quality ... Not getting no reply in the MOD Thread , i think they are thinking of there own area's that aint going to see has much as were may get . :rofl:  :rofl:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Posted

Any thoughts on North wales anyone? I so wish I could actually read the charts properly. Slowly getting there though.

Posted

Nice to see showers now turning to snow over Ireland.You will be the first to see snow showers in N Wales push down on N Westerly flow Friday Afternoon.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Nice to see showers now turning to snow over Ireland.You will be the first to see snow showers in N Wales push down on N Westerly flow Friday Afternoon.

Hi Keith, trying to understand Steve Murr's post in the mod thread - any idea if it indicates snow for us or rain? i didnt wanna post in there as it'd probably be deleted.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well he put us outside his snow zone

• Like 1

Posted

Well he put us outside his snow zone

Something I ifail to understand considering temps projected track, to be fair it did state that he thought it could be adjusted west. But I woud take that with a pinch of salt not because it's not what I want to hear, but because I fail to understand a lot of the reasoning behind his lines.

Posted

Don't be too disheartened: slider lows often correct Southwest, and that is just Steve Murr's opinion, as respected as he is. At this stage, most other sources don't support the northeasterly track of the slider as Steve does.

That said, while it's great to get excited over a potential heavy snow event, we need to be prepared for every possible outcome, especially at this stage when the models are subject to change.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

A word of warning. Do not go into the Mod thread this morning.

I still think the cold and snow is on but the biggest and baddest nay sayers are up early and ganging up to try and do the proverbial on everyone's chips.

• Like 1

Posted

Would agree stay away from the Mod thread this morning words like 'over in a blink' only a wintry mix, perhaps a dusting and basically calling the whole idea of a cold spell off. Might I note it's the same as yesterday morning, granted they don't look as mouth watering as before but could it really have got any better? It could only downgrade, but the way some in the Model thread are talking is absolutely pathetic.

Posted

There's no denying that the models have downgraded a little, but I suspect much of the whining and hissy fits are based on the models not showing what certain posters want in their own neck of the woods.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

this happens most mornings in the model thread when cold is forecast....its over.no cold,why do we trust the models......then from 4pm onwards its...its back on,great models,I love the gfs and ecm more than my own wife tonight. That's why I like our thread..all calm and level headed

• Like 1

Posted

I admit I got swept up in all the excitement and unrestrained joy over the output last night.

Shame on me!

Posted

neither does Ireland apparently... We have had a good couple of inches of snow this morning in this non existing cold lol

oops very true Pomeroy. Yes you guys have had a bit of every type of weather this past week.

Posted

who said Derek Brockway is a mildy lover LOL. Post from his twitter account last night.

And that's sent while he is abroad on his hols the guy is dedicated to the cause!

• Like 2

Posted

A word of warning. Do not go into the Mod thread this morning.

I still think the cold and snow is on but the biggest and baddest nay sayers are up early and ganging up to try and do the proverbial on everyone's chips.

I love the Model thread. More drama than Eastenders.

• Like 2

Posted

LMAO at the MOD thread. Plus it seems they are anti-Wales, we do not exist according to 90 percent of them.

Most are from the SE lol.

Does look like anything goes next week from sliding lows track is going to be very interesting to easterlies.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfs/gfs.php?inv=0&plot=850&region=eu&t=6d :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

Just seen thundersnow in the ogwen valley and Bethesda area.. Mountains are white all of a sudden.. Trying to snow in low lying areas too

• Like 1

Posted

Most are from the SE lol.

Does look like anything goes next week from sliding lows track is going to be very interesting to easterlies.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfs/gfs.php?inv=0&plot=850&region=eu&t=6d :drinks:

yes i notice most of them seem to be SE based.

And that's sent while he is abroad on his hols the guy is dedicated to the cause!

yes exactly. knows where he is born and bred.

Good morning.  Ex weather station owner (Left the remains at our last house when we moved), considering a NETATMO, but more importantly, very excited about the prospect of reporting in with news of big snow.

Based in the SE of Wales, near sea level between Chepstow  and Langstone.  Very rusty meteorological knowledge from my private pilot licence learning.   Fingers crossed.  Just looked out window, - very very wet ground having had so much precipitation over the past few days - chilly as an otters nose (technical term) and what appears to be almost frost forming on the grass of a well known ex - military base in the area..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Met Derek at a book signing in our bookshop. Great bloke and really happy to talk about the weather for as long as I bugged him about it. By his own admission he is a mild and warmth lover. Plus you are quite likely to get a reply off him in Twitter. Top man.

• Like 1

Posted

Met Derek at a book signing in our bookshop. Great bloke and really happy to talk about the weather for as long as I bugged him about it. By his own admission he is a mild and warmth lover. Plus you are quite likely to get a reply off him in Twitter. Top man.

Miss him on the weather. Haven't seen him for ages. His enthusiasm is great. Great bit of banter with Jamie Owen too.

I remember he had a bit of stick a few years ago for his snow (or lack of it) forecast. It could have been as long ago as Jan 1996?? (was he doing the weather then?). Had a proper dumping in the end. He was up Caerphilly mounting reporting snow depth.  

Just proves how difficult forecasting snow was and still is.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira
  • Like 1