Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

They did mention a trough coming down from the north west on Friday night into Saturday morning, will be interesting to see if this delivers snow to more low lying areas as temperatures WILL be lower by then. However, looks like only high ground will get snow over the weekend, at least during the daytime.

attachicon.gifsatmorning.jpg

0c and rain perfect, very much an ice risk.

Posted

Just came back in from Swansea and what I thought was rain was actually sleet and hail.....never mind lamppost watching ( now redundant due to LED's)- I need a car windshield to spot sleet- is there a chance this could turn to snow? :cold:  :cold:  :cold: :cold:  

Edited by Icequeen

Posted

Just came back in from Swansea and what I thought was rain was actually sleet and hail.....never mind lamppost watching ( now redundant due to LED's)- I need a car windshield to spot sleet- is there a chance this could turn to snow? :cold:  :cold:  :cold: :cold:  

The colder air reaches Wales Friday  afternoon as the wind swings to a N Westerly then showers will turn more to snow ,Then the FUN BEGINS Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Snow could occur everyday Now casting and front after front threatens Wales very unsettled and cold ,a strange event ,with daytime temperatures just breaking 0c by Monday.Something special could well be about to occur!Which we will talk about for many a year.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Get your snow shovels save this forecast SNOWMAGGEDON for us in the WEST  as front after front  stalls :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:http://t.co/17AIviiJSv

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm quite excited too. I'm rarely one to get carried away with snow prospects - I'm usually very sceptical - but IF the current synoptics were in place right now I could easily see the usual, most prone places in these kind of setups getting a very significant fall.

A January 2013-style event is easily achievable.

So let's hope little changes between now and early next week!

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

Certainly an interesting time ahead and I think most in Wales won't have to wait long to see some snow, overnight Friday/Saturday with that trough looks good and troughs always draw in features/showers behind so some sweet spots may do quite well before the 'real' cold starts to dig in through Sunday/Monday!

Might I mention a Pembrokeshire dangler when those winds veer more a NWly?

Posted

I'm quite excited too. I'm rarely one to get carried away with snow prospects - I'm usually very sceptical - but IF the current synoptics were in place right now I could easily see the usual, most prone places in these kind of setups getting a very significant fall.

A January 2013-style event is easily achievable.

So let's hope little changes between now and early next week!

To get cold air and unsettled is a very strange event so enjoy the next week Arctic blast because we may never see charts like this again.

• Like 2

Posted

Total newbie, I wish I could read the charts properly. As a rough estimate as thing stand (I know the charts change all the time) what would you say the snow chances for my area would be?

Posted

Are you sure it's going to be any good for us though Keith? Usually north of the M4.

Look at the forecast JAY amazing stuff of dreams lol.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Total newbie, I wish I could read the charts properly. As a rough estimate as thing stand (I know the charts change all the time) what would you say the snow chances for my area would be?

BLOODY GOOD starting from Friday night then the first round of Snow Saturday .

• Like 1

Are you sure it's going to be any good for us though Keith? Usually north of the M4.

Keith is north of the M4 !!!!

This is now looking to be the coldest period of weather since 2 years ago. If this matches 2 years ago, I would be happy.

Edited by J10

Posted

Hi Chris, good to see another local in the Wales forum.

I'll put my neck on the line here (and I'm a relative novice) but as things stand at the moment our chances of seeing falling snow in this area seem around 80%, settling snow around 79%, a significant event around 50-55% and a severe event around 10%.

Those percentages reflect only the first of the slider lows and not any further systems that could add to whatever lying snow we have.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

Look at the forecast JAY amazing stuff of dreams lol.

I'm usually positive lol but always get the feeling when it comes to snow here it's going to be a let down. It's looking good for a bit of snow maybe tomorrow night too, especially on hills. Main event looks to be Tuesday though, can't wait until the details firm up.

Posted

I wouldn't worry at all regarding the M4 saga if you live in Waes most places will see a pretty good dump this week. What amazes me more is the prolonged depth of cold forecast to follow and umpteen opportunities to top our snow up!

Posted

Keith is north of the M4 !!!!

This is now looking to be the coldest period of weather since 2 years ago. If this matches 2 years ago, I would be happy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

The biggest risk tonight is ICE and is a weather warning out for the morning. for most of Wales It could be a like a skating rink if this freezes over.

Posted

will see a pretty good dump this week.

Eat less Weetabix.

Sorry

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 5

Posted

Eat less Weetabix.

Sorry

Hahahaa,

Advice taken on board :p

• Like 3

Posted

BLOODY GOOD starting from Friday night then the first round of Snow Saturday .

Hi Chris, good to see another local in the Wales forum.

I'll put my neck on the line here (and I'm a relative novice) but as things stand at the moment our chances of seeing falling snow in this area seem around 80%, settling snow around 79%, a significant event around 50-55% and a severe event around 10%.

Those percentages reflect only the first of the slider lows and not any further systems that could add to whatever lying snow we have.

Cheers guys!, I can't lie I am really quite excited, but I am trying to keep it all in check as I know things can go wrong, I am obsessed with this forum during the winter months. I'm an addict and I have a problem ;)

• Like 1

Posted

The biggest risk tonight is ICE and is a weather warning out for the morning. for most of Wales It could be a like a skating rink if this freezes over.

J10 i cannot remember this many frontal Atttacks which could well give snow on and off for a week for ALL of Wales ,very interesting week ahead for all VERY GOOD for us in west UK.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

HP to the east forces front to stall on Wales then retreats then another attack from the S West stalls over Wales and retreats so lets start SWEST chant CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW, channel low ,psml.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2