IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

-10 was on the spine of the pennines

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Snowing here!!

I can confirm it by some kid down road shouting ''ITS SNOWING!!'' lol.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 8

Posted

Ideally you need to be a good 100m+ inland.

I did keep saying this yesterday, falling on deaf ears mind. Although not a case of I told you so more just when are conditions are going to be right to allow falling snow.

Atm its not looking that great up until about 6am when slightly colder uppers flood in. Night fall won't help snowfall either as its compensated by slightly milder uppers coming in. 

Emphasize on wintry rather than snowy. If you haven't seen proper snow yet in the showers don't expect to wake up to a covering till after 6am, if you've seen a wintry mixture you may see a covering but unlikely till around 6am onward. 

If we pull in some really beefy long-lasting showers then the region could still do well out of the marginal conditions. Emphasize on the if.

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

-10 was on the spine of the pennines

A decent covering of snow will be needed for such low temperatures I'd have thought but it's possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It just seems the showers just appeared out of nowhere here. Could it be the Irish Sea woke up from its slumber??

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

A decent covering of snow will be needed for such low temperatures I'd have thought but it's possible.

That's what was in Diane's forecast Sunday into Monday

• Like 1

Posted

Its just a flurry here and also it left a dusting here too. It certainly may help the temperatures to go down a bit more. :smile: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Ooh we had a snow shower earlier! No covering though although ground is nice and dry

• Like 1

Posted

Bbc nw tonight forecast did have constant snow shower activity on the map for here, oldham area over pennines....ie the snow symbols looking constant on app/ met site..... Hoping.... -1c dew -2c.... Frosted and iced over..... Brrrr....

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well I can't be bothered reading the model thread anymore.

It has turned into an imby war zone where the arguments are stemming for five days away, in the meantime many of us are forecast snow tonight and tomorrow?

Utterly bizarre

• Like 3

Posted

Omg it's actually snowing evrey where is covered whoop.

Can see the clouds in the distance.... Moving se..

Edited by Will Padz

Posted

Will where's good around the glossop area to go take my dogs in the snow, I live in gee cross so not too far a drive for me. But I'm originally from Runcorn so I don't know anywhere. Cheers

• Like 1

Posted

Well I can't be bothered reading the model thread anymore.

It has turned into an imby war zone where the arguments are stemming for five days away, in the meantime many of us are forecast snow tonight and tomorrow?

Utterly bizarre

Yes best stay in the regionals.. this often happens when a cold spell is imminent, too many looking for the end of any cold spell, even when it hasn't fully arrived, lots of imby posts about lack of snow prospects for there neck of the woods. It happens every year, but this year I sense even more so, probably down to sheer frustration given many haven't seen decent snow or cold since March 2013 and especially given just how mild things have been over the last year and half.

• Like 3

Posted

Omg it's actually snowing evrey where is covered whoop.

...been following that from virtually nothing on the radar, and it's blossomed over parts of North Manchester... left a white covering here now.... signs are good, Irish sea is kicking up a gear..

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Temps were down to 1.2c half an hour ago but have now risen to 2.2c, its dry for now though and cloud cover is increasing.

Edit; 2.3c now.

Edited by Hocus Pocus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Irish Sea is waking up now.

• Like 2

Posted

The dusting from the flurry here is just melted. That didn't last long isn't it?  :(

Edited by pip22

Posted

...been following that from virtually nothing on the radar, and it's blossomed over parts of North Manchester... left a white covering here now.... omens are good, Irish sea is kicking up a gear..

Yeah its strange it looked like there was nothing forming and all of a sudden the tail come from no where hope it keeps it up. Nice to see some snow on the ground

Posted

March 2013 lol if only ☺ Still say tomorrow wintry mix /sleet west of the M6 esat of that could be quids in. Good luck all if you get snow enjoy it, i'll be finding some snow on sunday regardless to take the kids out.

All i am hoping for is some kind of falling snow here, 3 years is a long time to wait to see snow falling imby.

• Like 1

Posted

Will where's good around the glossop area to go take my dogs in the snow, I live in gee cross so not too far a drive for me. But I'm originally from Runcorn so I don't know anywhere. Cheers

Manor park, howard park, there are a couple of paths from around whitfield area to derbyshire levels/ glossop golf course might help if you have an os map? Or go to beehive/commercial pubs and ask the owners over a pint/ pub grub,they have lots of local knowledge and walkers/hikers that come in.....hoping tomorrow brings in the goods otherwise im off to ladybower on sunday for a walk myself....

Or if it doesnt come to fruition, i might try bleaklow...

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

2.9C here with a big breeze off the sea.. feels much colder but this is the coast.

• Like 1