Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted

Thats good for us then ??

yes it is good, as long we have cold enough surface temperature (and 850's) which generally tomorrow it should be more than cold enough, but we have to wait and see if that will happen, to many false dawns.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

its is coming on a nwley. Its coming in kess than 24hrs according to nnm. It skirts along the scottish coast and then over irish sea and slaps us innthe face! It cokes down fromna buckle in the isos and stroger winds behind it. It not just a trough it shud be very squally i think as its a low centre

Hope it is snow.

post-19090-0-09893700-1422489604_thumb.j

post-19090-0-31618400-1422489615_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Yeah bet these arnt showers. Its anbigger feature than showers if the low forms and comes down the ppn shud be snow. If not it soon will be.

Posted

TAF EGGP 282301Z 2900/2924 26025G35KT 9999 FEW010 SCT035 TEMPO 2900/2909 28034G45KT PROB40 TEMPO 2900/2924 3000 SHRASN BKN008 BKN014CB

sticking to their guns

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Not been any showers for a while now, not much happening for my back yard on the radar

(maybe it bodes well for any potential snow sticking if the ground dries out a bit). Just stuck my head

out of the back door....brrrrrrr, off to bed for sleep so I can get up early tomorrow.......just in-case

Good night all :)

Posted

How far inland is this due to reach? Main reason I ask is I'm working in Chester tomorrow night and won't be leaving till around 2am. Hope I don't end up stranded :help:

Not a clue what is going on tonight with the radar, twice its had heavy stuff apparently over me, only for a few flakes to blow around in the wind, someone best not of erected one of these infamous snow shields here.

Edited by Martin M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It has been a few years since i last posted.

hale

2.9C slowly falling temperature

0.8C dew point, slowly falling

Sleet in the vicinity. 

So far we have had very erratic temperature changes. Highest temperature 30 minutes ago was 4.5C

until about 1 hour ago, it has been completely dry, then we had a light rain shower. also having just gone out to the car

the wind appears to have dropped to a very light breeze.

The angle of those showers does not look promising at all, just seen the sat24 radar and they seem more aligned northern ireland / ireland -> south wales.

Ah!

I wondered where you were! Welcome back HC, nice to see you.

Posted

TAF EGGP 282301Z 2900/2924 26025G35KT 9999 FEW010 SCT035 TEMPO 2900/2909 28034G45KT PROB40 TEMPO 2900/2924 3000 SHRASN BKN008 BKN014CB

sticking to their guns

Hi HC-great to see you back again-EGGP TAF showing Rain and snow showers-I'm not suprised . I really think we need colder T850's -8 to -10 would be ideal.

As a fellow blue, today has been like EFC-full of promise but not quite doing it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Its anfairly deep low centre that forms in the irish sea. 976mb i think or 986 but very deep centre. Nmm just updated and it has uppersnof only -3 so would probs be snow to gigh levels but ether way nice little feature

Posted

Gotta love netweather forecast for tomorrow! 57cm! Haha.......

You're annoying me now, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Constant heavy showers passing through with hail

Posted

We had thundersnow here just past 11pm, all precip has either been hail or snow and the last gritter I saw along the A6 was around 8pm. Supposed to be in Buxton tomorrow but with more snow to come i'm not sure how that's going to be feasible.

The Sheffield UTD v Spurs game also had a few flurries, shame about the result though.

Posted

i think if there is going to be anything it will be between dawn and 9am, then again with a westerly, that is not likely to change until tomorrow afternoon (thursday) and with only -3C 850's (tomorrow) unless some thing miraculous happens, i'd say wait until next week.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Well I won't say I told you so but a minority on here should really accommodate other forumers opinions. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing but it was uncalled for the amount of backlash I received via this thread or private messages for predicting what ended up happening. 

Anyway there's a rather strong snow signal among alot of the high resolution models for a feature to push south across the region. A couple of features actually, what is interesting is that the snow signal is definitely further west so more-places *should* see falling snow, whether it lyes is another matter 

post-8968-0-64548600-1422491426_thumb.pn

I think anywhere east of this line should see snow. The winds will be less of an issue so somewhere like Manchester low lying should see a covering on Friday morning. 

The high resolution model are toying with a significant feature pushing south later on Friday morning. At this juncture its too early to call but there is the *risk* for some very significant snow but due to the complexity of the front along with the associated variables its too early to call, especially as the models aren't consistent with the track.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

Well I won't say I told you so but a minority on here should really accommodate other forumers opinions. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing but it was uncalled for the amount of backlash I received via this thread or private messages for predicting what ended up happening. 

Anyway there's a rather strong snow signal among alot of the high resolution models for a feature to push south across the region. A couple of features actually, what is interesting is that the snow signal is definitely further west so more-places *should* see falling snow, whether it lyes is another matter 

attachicon.gifsnow map.png

I think anywhere east of this line should see snow. The winds will be less of an issue so somewhere like Manchester low lying should see a covering on Friday morning. 

The high resolution model are toying with a significant feature pushing south later on Friday morning. At this juncture its too early to call but there is the *risk* for some very significant snow but due to the complexity of the front along with the associated variables its too early to call, especially as the models aren't consistent with the track.

when was this for, the feature to the west, was it for friday or tomorrow (today) i do not have access to netweather's high res models. only 

meteociel and weatheronline.

Posted

when was this for, the feature to the west, was it for friday or tomorrow (today) i do not have access to netweather's high res models. only 

meteociel and weatheronline.

There's one feature around 1am on Friday morning then a secondary feature late morning.

The features are relatively small so I would expect big localized differences but your area looks prime spot for some very significant snow. Again though the models aren't 100% on things so could easily change. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder and more snow

I actually managed to capture a bit of that thundersnow before!

Nicely done my son,

Posted

There's one feature around 1am on Friday morning then a secondary feature late morning.

The features are relatively small so I would expect big localized differences but your area looks prime spot for some very significant snow. Again though the models aren't 100% on things so could easily change. 

You said anywhere east of your orange line, HC lives further west than me :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Nicely done my son,

Thanks! :)

Posted

You said anywhere east of your orange line, HC lives further west than me :p

Aah sorry yes don't know why but I thought the user was the guy who lives up on that giant hill in Glossop. 

Sorry yeah if your at 300m in Glossop then your in luck! 

Posted

Aah sorry yes don't know why but I thought the user was the guy who lives up on that giant hill in Glossop. 

Sorry yeah if your at 300m in Glossop then your in luck! 

The guy that should be banned in winter you mean yes :p