Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Laughably bad over the past 24 hours...

You should have seen the local lunchtime forecast - the backdrop to the weather presenter warning of snow overnight on Wednesday was a 4-day forecast summary showing a dry, clear symbol for Wednesday night... :oops:

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted

You should have seen the local lunchtime forecast - the backdrop to the weather presenter warning of snow overnight on Wednesday was a 4-day forecast summary showing a dry, clear symbol for Wednesday night... :oops:

I feel for the presenters sometimes  â€“ they are trained meteorologists – they must despair of the editing staff who seem incapable of matching the symbology to the script. It's not just a winter thing: seems to be an ongoing problem whatever the season. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summer, cold winters.

Hope not in my case got nothing from last nights snow.

I got most of mine this morning bsb.

Posted

Ok all on your feet for a ea/se snow dance!!!!;-)

********frenzied dancing******** :p

4.c /DP 2.c

It's always a bit disheartening/baffling when you look at your local WU station for one reading...then you look at another one on the same road and it gives completely different readings!!

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I feel for the presenters sometimes  â€“ they are trained meteorologists – they must despair of the editing staff who seem incapable of matching the symbology to the script. It's not just a winter thing: seems to be an ongoing problem whatever the season. 

I was under the impression that the presenters were the ones who edited and created the weather charts and summaries? Which just makes the inconsistency even worse, quite honestly 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Laughably bad over the past 24 hours...

I wouldn't actually call it 'bad' as such, they just are finding it impossible to work out what is going to happen. The fact the wind is now coming in from the North East is throwing it all out.

We could well see a streamer, an event almost impossible to forecast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Not on the local ones they're not - the women who do the regionals (from a studio in London, IIRC) are presenters, not meteorologists.

Edited by ajpoolshark
removed provocative comments

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summer, cold winters.

Just a hunch but think we could get some unexpected beefy snow showers feeding in from the north sea tonight & maybe intensifying & merging at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Feb 2009 I remember watching the weather forecast and being faced with an extreme warning for snow coming up from France to hit the South east.

Anyway that never came but that night we had the Thames streamer that wasn't forecast and dumped a foot of snow.

Just shows that when the wind has an easterly element anything can happen.

The extreme warning was an epic fail but no one cared due to the streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Feb 2009 I remember watching the weather forecast and being faced with an extreme warning for snow coming up from France to hit the South east.

Anyway that never came but that night we had the Thames streamer that wasn't forecast and dumped a foot of snow.

Remember that well!  Very cool.

Heavy flurry of wet snow in Ashford just now, turned back to light sleety rain (and I use the term sleet rather lightly)  Maybe will continue tonight and turn snowy as gets colder??? Looks to be coming off the north sea and Ashford about the extent of progress inland.

Edited by Big Dave

Posted

It was forecast from 2pm as shown in my avatar, the actual event didn't start in my location until at least 6 hours later but if i remember correctly a streamer had been called here a few times and the SE was under an amber warning for at least a day before it turned red.

Edited by Weather Wonder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

I wonder if anyone in the SE had the cheek to phone in work and state they are snowed in :rofl:  :D  :rofl:

Well Guildford was gridlocked, people getting into work two hours late and more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Nothing here all day! Hopefully a rinse and repeat tonight!!

Posted

Just had a snow shower, nothing laying at town level but the hills are white. It needs to freeze up now if we want to see anything g laying at my level.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

snowshield broken i repeat snowshield broken,at last after nearly 2 years i have big juicy flakes,snow does still exist then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

A few hours of this streamer to come yet, precipitation due to go more offshore thereafter for the extreme SE. But that's just a forecast ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

hold the press,im not counting that,20 seconds it lasted and now its raining,again,aaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh,pass the prozac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

snowshield broken i repeat snowshield broken,at last after nearly 2 years i have big juicy flakes,snow does still exist then

Congratulations (-: i'm sure there'll be more before the years out

Has the sea come in at Rye yet ? - waited ages for it :D - lovely place - looks nice in the snow too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold with frost & snow in winter; hot and dry in summer

Hand warmers,hats,scarf,5 layers need that at footie tonight.

Yes, off shortly to Fulham tonight with the wife ( I take her to all the best places) If we do get a repeat of last night the journey back to Dunstable after the game could be interesting. My perfect night - Good journey down to Fulham - a pint in the crabtree before the game, Fulham to win 3-0 and a journey home in light snow become moderate/heavy as we walk through the front door !