Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

I fear tomorrow evening could be frustrating for the Southern half of our region, Ian's forecast seemed to suggest scattered showers forming from the South coast late afternoon and developing into storms as they move North before merging into a very thundery area from around the M4 (I know!!) Northwards.

Still, we'll have to wait and see what actually crops up and it will most certainly be a radar watching situation because, as last July and September showed, storms can develop extremely rapidly from the South coast when the set up is right.

I think everything I have seen is suggesting as you say. For us on the coast, I am not expecting anything more than a light shower as it comes onboard, it's only as it meets the denser air will it gain it's anger.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I fear tomorrow evening could be frustrating for the Southern half of our region, Ian's forecast seemed to suggest scattered showers forming from the South coast late afternoon and developing into storms as they move North before merging into a very thundery area from around the M4 (I know!!) Northwards.

Still, we'll have to wait and see what actually crops up and it will most certainly be a radar watching situation because, as last July and September showed, storms can develop extremely rapidly from the South coast when the set up is right.

Just seen the latest national forecast and from what I gather it is now better for storms as well as snow the further north you go..   :angry:  :sorry:  :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I not getting excited again about this setup, fingers burnt so many times

Hopefully will get something later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

looking at all current data and charts including bbc and met office i do i feel, sense we have a real chance of some action this evening .

even at this range detail will change but we have all the right ingredients ,and yes i can hear some saying no but if the dice falls right we could get a humdinger ,would be nice to see one of those night time shows that rattles the windows and sends soot down the chimney .

Looking at current radar and sat pictures i think possibly a little later than what was forecast a few hours back , cheers everyone .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Looking forward to 21:00 with whatever it brings..  At the moment enjoying the sunshine. 23.6c... 18.1c. In the shade...

Posted

looking at all current data and charts including bbc and met office i do i feel, sense we have a real chance of some action this evening .

even at this range detail will change but we have all the right ingredients ,and yes i can hear some saying no but if the dice falls right we could get a humdinger ,would be nice to see one of those night time shows that rattles the windows and sends soot down the chimney .

Looking at current radar and sat pictures i think possibly a little later than what was forecast a few hours back , cheers everyone .

I think northerly parts of region including north somerset, Bristol and parts of wilts and Gloucester have a chance of occasional rumble but looks like it gets more organised into the midlands and wales if its real storms your looking for but hopefully I am wrong.

• Like 1

Posted

I have the same feeling as many others... That we're going to miss most of the action... Have a look at the met office forecast map and you can see how, yes, we get some heavy showers/thundery showers, but they're much larger and more organised as you go on later as they move up north... Not holding out too much hope.

Posted

I have the same feeling as many others... That we're going to miss most of the action... Have a look at the met office forecast map and you can see how, yes, we get some heavy showers/thundery showers, but they're much larger and more organised as you go on later as they move up north... Not holding out too much hope.

Dont give up hope for any one particular area , i,m sure looking at current sattelite and radar that already things are not as first forecast earlier ,There will be i,m sure some very good storms around later and as usual many surprises so hang on in there ,cheers 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Up to 23.3°C this afternoon. 

The skies are quite milky, but, it's not particularly humid, feels fairly fresh with the wind.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I not getting excited again about this setup, fingers burnt so many times

Hopefully will get something later

You have more chance of getting burnt than you have getting electrocuted here in west country tonight..  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Feeling humid here. I'm hoping the Bulford storm shield isn't up I can't wait to be stood out in rain cooling down.

Edited by nettie

Posted

27 degrees here now the top cover has cleared off, humid too despite the breeze. Hope we all get to see some action this eve, I am hopeful, every chart you look at seems to say this area or that and to be frank I am not sure anyone has a clue where storms are going to be. Good luck all and stay safe!

Posted

Mid level instability increasing with fast moving Altocumulus of various forms heading up from the South, unbroken sunshine all day though hazy this afternoon and a max of 27.2c, gusty wind for the last few hours.

Posted

Thickening Cs and Ac but apart from some isolated outbreaks to the east of the region it looks as if the main action will be the Midlands northwards.

post-12275-0-49613000-1435941221_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Why is everyone being so negative? Forecasts are absoloutely worthless now, watch the radar!

• Like 2

Posted

Why is everyone being so negative? Forecasts are absoloutely worthless now, watch the radar!

couldnt agree more ,radar now showing a mass of rain right on the edge of radar ,i would say things at the moment are running late ,radar should look good hopefully come 9pm this evening ,but im pretty sure our area will catch some action so dont throw  in the towel yet .sattelite also now showing that mass moving more n east ,best of luck to all cheers .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I don't see any negativity? The general consensus is, the worst of it looks to be away from the southwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just added some opinion over on the Storm discussion thread should anyone be interested.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83481-storm-convective-discussion-020715-onward-heat-plumes/?p=3227021

Cheers

gottolovethisweather