Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

The wind has dropped off here, and now turning into SW, temps still 17.3C outside and 26C inside, wife won't have the windows open because of spiders coming in!

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

gottolovethisweather can be recently quoted as saying "Extreme range of Temps up to mid-Thirties Celsius not impossible I reckon and Temps no lower than 20c on a few evenings too." Added to this he mentioned the following "July IMHO could truly be a very memorable one."

Well, it has certainly started off in a rather memorable fashion and my personal evidence is attached.

post-7183-0-63944500-1435787882_thumb.pn

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Some of the first rainfall from today's up-welling from the south has come ashore, and has missed us, going over Bournemouth. Now we wait.

Temp currently 15.1°C outside and 24.5°C inside :(

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Fine morning partly cloudy with mainly Ac. Temp 13C and calm. Quite humid with humidity in the 90s. The area of rain currently over the Brest peninsula is due to travel NNE and affect the area by tennish.

Edited by knocker

Posted

BBC weather were saying it was raining on the south coast about an hour ago.

16c overnight and only 18c now, but no rain here yet, but does look as though some heavy stuff is on its way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

18.5°C and overcast & damp.

This spell of weather = polishing a large turd.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

We have light rain here, started about half an hour ago and by the looks of the radar, it's about to fizzle before it gets worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

18.5°C and overcast & damp.

This spell of weather = polishing a large turd.

Loads of ..... Heading north from france ,lets hope some of us get lucky and friday night /sat storms become humdingers for us in the south this time ,big spots of rain now falling here but not enough to wet the ground and current radar suggests a splitting of any activity .

we did have a power cut for 15 min around 10am ish ,not sure what caused it ,but living in the countryside it could have been many of things ,cheers all and heres hoping for a humdinger soon  :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Loads of ..... Heading north from france ,lets hope some of us get lucky and friday night /sat storms become humdingers for us in the south this time ,big spots of rain now falling here but not enough to wet the ground and current radar suggests a splitting of any activity .

we did have a power cut for 15 min around 10am ish ,not sure what caused it ,but living in the countryside it could have been many of things ,cheers all and heres hoping for a humdinger soon  :drinks:

It sounds like the powercut was fairly widespread. I had one here for a good half hour in Yatton, and apparently Cleeve and Congresbury had one too. Not sure what the cause was.

Posted

Nothing doing down here.

Didn't bother watering the garden last night. Wish I had now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm not overly fussed about a thunderstorm if I'm brutally honest. I'd be quite content to see some of our other members who haven't seen one, get something. I just hoped for a decent, sunny and warm week.

Monday was average, Tuesday was fantastic, yesterday was warm, but, there was a lack of sun, overcast today.

I did call it on Sunday, I think? I was just hoping to be wrong!

It's not a moan at the forecast, as that has been pretty good for here, it's the instant "plume" that I'm not a fan of.

I prefer a nice (orientated in our favour) high for lengthy sun and warmth, and then a plume attempt from a low out to the west.

Plenty of Summer left for it to try, I guess?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: after the last year not rain rain & more rain!

heavy rain on and off all morning here in exeter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

And so my long wait continues to even hear thunder this summer, let alone see any lightning flashes! Wouldn't surprise me if this is yet another summer where I fail to see or hear either knowing my luck

Posted

The rain passed us by, a light drizzle around 10am.

!9.5c now and light cloud.

Glad I watered the garden now last night and thought sensibly, shaky forecasting.

Posted

The temperature has dropped from 23.7c to 18.8c in about 15 minutes along with lashing rain and a very strong gusting wind as the cold front/squall line develops and whips through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

14c and chilly seems our heatwave has really crashed out today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud with Sunshine,  16.0c.   Precipitation   3.0mm. Today...

Posted

As per many others, had a torrential downpour earlier, and after this passed it felt much fresher... Was feeling very muggy this morning!

Also, I don't know if it's just me being dim, where's the new convective discussion? Can't seem to find it!

Posted

Yet again, much of the rain has bypassed us, especially to the west.  Total of 1.6mm and now the sky is clear blue with a very few tiny cumulus.  Much fresher feel, max temp 20.1°C, 10° down on yesterday.

Posted

I fear tomorrow evening could be frustrating for the Southern half of our region, Ian's forecast seemed to suggest scattered showers forming from the South coast late afternoon and developing into storms as they move North before merging into a very thundery area from around the M4 (I know!!) Northwards.

Still, we'll have to wait and see what actually crops up and it will most certainly be a radar watching situation because, as last July and September showed, storms can develop extremely rapidly from the South coast when the set up is right.