Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gorgeous 23c here this afternoon and long sunny spells. 2c higher than the met office forecast. They always underestimate here so I expect 28c tomorrow and 31 or 32c Wednesday!

Posted

Gorgeous 23c here this afternoon and long sunny spells. 2c higher than the met office forecast. They always underestimate here so I expect 28c tomorrow and 31 or 32c Wednesday!

lol you must be a mind reader, Blizzy - I was about to post almost exactly the same sort of comment  :laugh:

My local forecast predicted a high of 20°C for here today, whereas in reality we're about to break 23°C

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Interesting day today. Maxed out at 23.4 °C, which is a smidge below my 2015 high (23.6 °C) but more noticeable was how much warmer the air felt by early evening than it had at lunchtime. It really was obvious that the fresher conditions we'd had in the morning were on their way out.

Hoping to reach 30 °C here this week: I reckon I have a decent chance on Wed and Fri. Not looking forward to the 20 °C nights, though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Maximum of 24c on Monday. Expect 30-32c here.

And today is my birthday and what a treat to have arguably what will be one of the best days of the year for both sunshine, dryness and heat combined. :D

Posted

And today is my birthday and what a treat to have arguably what will be one of the best days of the year for both sunshine, dryness and heat combined. :D

Sorry for intruding Happy Birthday Costa De Fal may all your dreams come true :D:friends:

post-19153-0-58518800-1435621562_thumb.j

Posted

Happy birthday, Blizzy  :drinks:

Let's keep those fingers crossed for some decent storms!

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Happy Birthday! :) Let's hope it's one to remember for weather reasons as well as the rest! :)

Posted

Here goes then... Pleased to see it is clear, but only just, there is a lot of muck lurking not far to the W and SW and N. So need the wind to stay S, E or SE to keep it away. Sun shining already, here's hoping it stays and pushes us past the magic 25.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Clear blue sky's and temp already 15.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The same as the dude above - lots of clear blue skies around with the temperature currently nearing 17*C.

07:46am update: 17.4*C now.

Happy Birthday, also, to Costa Del Fal. Hope you had an ace day. :good:

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A good chance that the date record for the maximum temp' on July 1st will fall here tomorrow. It currently stands at 26.7c  in 2009.

I would think today's record of 27.2c in 1995 is safe.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for the birthday wishes all. Though don't like the storm forecast for here this week now. Looks poor with storms to the north of us tomorrow and then Friday has been downgraded quite significantly in the 00z with storms developing east of here.

Posted

It's not even ten o'clock yet, and we're already up to 21.6°C here under clear blue skies.

Bish

Looking forward to a severe night time storm, especially if 30C is breached only a few hours beforehand. Not too fussed if they do occur during the daytime beggars can't be choosers. Getting steamier out there almost on an hourly basis!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Looking forward to a severe night time storm, especially if 30C is breached only a few hours beforehand. Not too fussed if they do occur during the daytime beggars can't be choosers. Getting steamier out there almost on an hourly basis!

this area looks pants for storms tomorrow/tomorrow night, we will miss out, our chance is Fri/Sat when the Atlantic breaks through

Posted

23.5c already! And the Most lush clear blue skies seen for a long time. What a birthday treat. I think we can manage 30c today and if the storms keep away tomorrow, 32c. :D

Posted

Glorious out, Temp here 20.8c at 10;13am and feeling very warm in the strong sun, Will be interesting what we max out at today. As TM put's local records could be broken over the next few days..

Happy Birthday Casta Del, A grand day for it!

post-12319-0-85742600-1435656109_thumb.j

post-12319-0-19664800-1435656160_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Glorious here right now: 23.1 °C and sun, sun, sun! 8)