Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

That Estofex forecast is much more promising for this region than I had expected for today. Not getting my hopes up, but nice to see nonetheless.

Currently 24.1°C

Bish

Bish

Yes, it hopefuly will be interesting later on. Already showers are breaking out in Wiltshire and the south west.

As to yesterday, was golfing in the morning and it was pleasant. But late afternoon the temperature went up, breeze dropped, and instead of peaking the temprose and then remained high right thru the evening. It is much hotter this morning.

Already a couple of castellanuous are appearing to the ssw.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Why do I have a feeling that the Midlands may be one of the few areas not to get anything...

Posted

Plenty of showery activity to our south and west, but not of the sparky variety so far.

Temp is now 27.5°C, a full 5°C warmer than at this point yesterday.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

We've now lost the sun and it's murky and unpleasant. 26.7 °C at this time of the morning is noteworthy, but I'd really rather have the sun. I wouldn't mind some storms after a long hot'n'sunny spell, but not yet! Oh well.

Quite rapid cloud cover and increased humidity means they're brewing alright. Anywhere could catch a storm over the next few days. In terms of severity anything from a distant rumble to almost full blown supercell. Potential cannot be ruled out completely.

Posted

We've now lost the sun and it's murky and unpleasant. 26.7 °C at this time of the morning is noteworthy, but I'd really rather have the sun. I wouldn't mind some storms after a long hot'n'sunny spell, but not yet! Oh well.

26C at this time looks impressive, but considering it was 22C at midnight and sunrise was 4.50am.....

Wish it would either kick off, or if not, clear. This mid level crud is good for nothing, keeping it humid and stopping either convection or a 30C. I remember 10/8/03 here, cloudy and boring while everywhere else had either heat or storms.

Posted

We were racing towards breaking the magical 30°C mark when - horror of horrors - it abruptly clouded over about thirty minutes ago, which has already caused a drop back down to 28.7°C

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A steamy 28c already. Some sunny spells but a lot Of cloud. Quite unlikely we will have any storms so buggar off please cloud. Heathrow near 34c. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely bit of cloud cover now, was absolutely sweltering by 10. Hopefully the cloud cover stays during the peak heat of the day and then leaves us with a sunny but more comfortable evening for a BBQ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Lovely bit of cloud cover now, was absolutely sweltering by 10. Hopefully the cloud cover stays during the peak heat of the day and then leaves us with a sunny but more comfortable evening for a BBQ.

i agree with that, had to walk 2.8 miles, was thankful of cloud cover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Storm now near the Cotswolds.

Posted

Some electrical activity firing up to the south of Evesham right now, according to lightningmaps........

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Well 5 mins of light rain then the sun tried to come out now the cloud is back.

Ultimatum to cloud: Either kick off or Tuts off. Now!

Seemed to stay dry in the town center, certainly now as cloud as its been all day. Looking at the radar, there is big patch of cloud heading this way... might be with us most of the rest of early afternoon... unlikely to fully clear today I would guess now. go about 30-50 miles east and your out of it. Still horriblely hot though. 

Posted

Ughhh Cotswold storm looks to go north or North East despite radar seemingly suggesting everything else loving nw or nnw. :(

Posted

Sat24 suggests a clearer patch is on its way. Might shift temps back to 30c and above. :)

• Like 1